Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
feline44 said:
Hi,

This may be an early one but I have a question to the members who have received their COPR..
In general, how long is the visa for first landing valid, once issued? My expectation is that it should at least be valid until the date the medical report expires (a year from the date the report is issued), or can it be significantly shorter?

I have plans to land and settle in one go, but it may prove difficult if they don't give us enough time to make the necessary arrangements..

Thank you!
Precisely until the expiry of medicals, assuming your passports are valid for longer. Else it is expiry of passport. This effectively means that COPR+visa cannot be more than one year from the date of eApr (AOR) assuming medicals done right the day before. Of course there might be exceptions. Some people might redo medicals while their application is in process or upon receiving PPR in order to get longer COPR if needed.

Tikushikha

Feb 23, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25 October
Congrats everyone.
Hoping to get some rain too ;D

vernon22445

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
thatguy56 said:
Not started yet either. Did you order your gcms notes?
Yea I did order gcms notes on Jan 19 which I rcvd by March first week, initial review shows everything is met. Security, criminal and non of the background check was started by that time. Next due date showed as Feb 16, 2016.

By March first week my cic status also updated by background check never turned to in process. I gonna apply for 2nd gcms notes once I complete six month with is Apr 09th.

Let's see, what about ur gcms notes

sincrin

Sep 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nvnobre said:
I am also with you guys. AOR Oct 21st. Background in progress since November.
Me too. AOR Oct 22, FSW Outland. Background in progress since November.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Well, I ordered them twice, once in December and the next time in January. Unfortunately both the times the notes were exactly the same. Everything except Medicals was "Not Started". Can you tell me the agent ID who had your file? Maybe we can find something in common? Mine was " Assigned to VF03143"

I did not even have a BGC started or any update of any sort.

MONICA1905

Mar 17, 2016
Can someone help me PLZ!!
I got PPR today and planned on sending off PP today as well but then I remember that my son's PP expires mid July.

Can I still send his or do I need to renew first?

Plz someone answer!

thunder007

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
inlandmeh said:
Woooooooooooohoooooooooo !!!!

PPR !!!

PPR !!!

PPR !!!

I'm crying guys!!! Thanks to all my friends here that encouraged me when I felt worried ... I am very happy ... So excited that I don't even know what to say.

Just want to tell the rest of Octoberians still waiting that believe me you are very close .. You will also hear the good news ...
Keep your mind positive !!!

Yeeeeeeey!!! :) :) :)
Congrats!!!

FSW0124

Mar 1, 2016
Yessss! :eek: I got Ready For Visa e-mail. Finally. ;D

Ready to send copies of my passport to Otawa. I just need to send copies of my passport not a passport, because I do not require Visa to enter Canada.

You can check here: cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp if you need a Visa to enter Canada and if you will need to send a passport of just a copies.

All of you guys are so close to your PR

My timeline:
---------------------
EE - FSW Inland + spouse(outland)
ITA: Sept.8.2015
NOC Code: 0124
App submitted: Oct.29.2015
RFRF:Upfront
AOR: Oct. 29. 2015
Med's Request: Upfront
Medical Passed: Nov.15.2015
Review of eligibility - Review in Progress: Nov.15.2015
BGC in Progress: Nov.15.2015

2016.03.20 : Application updated e-mail. Can’t see update - no changes.
2016.03.21 : Ready For Visa e-mail

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
MONICA1905 said:
Can someone help me PLZ!!
I got PPR today and planned on sending off PP today as well but then I remember that my son's PP expires mid July.

Can I still send his or do I need to renew first?

Plz someone answer!
Congrats to all of those who got PPRs.

Generally CIC asks for six months expiry. But I think I have seen cases where people who are inside Canada and passports are expiring soon submit requests along with passports.

The effect of this is, that your COPR and visa (if needed) would only be valid till passport's expiry so you would have to land before that.

If landing sooner is not a problem, I would write a letter saying that I am okay with shorter COPR. I expect CIC to approve this.

thunder007

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Congrats to all who got their PPR today ... wishing the rest songs of joy soonest

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thatguy56 said:
Well, I ordered them twice, once in December and the next time in January. Unfortunately both the times the notes were exactly the same. Everything except Medicals was "Not Started". Can you tell me the agent ID who had your file? Maybe we can find something in common? Mine was " Assigned to VF03143"

I did not even have a BGC started or any update of any sort.
Congratulations to all who got their ppr recently!!

Same case as you, since Med passed and Sch. A request on 27th Oct no activity, BG check not started yet!! I ordered GCMS notes in January and received them in February and also everything was not started except for medicals which was passed, and I guess the same officer ID was mentioned at first but then my file was transfered to CIO, lets hope we get some movement this week!!

MONICA1905

Mar 17, 2016
fkl said:
Congrats to all of those who got PPRs.

Generally CIC asks for six months expiry. But I think I have seen cases where people who are inside Canada and passports are expiring soon submit requests along with passports.

The effect of this is, that your COPR and visa (if needed) would only be valid till passport's expiry so you would have to land before that.

If landing sooner is not a problem, I would write a letter saying that I am okay with shorter COPR. I expect CIC to approve this.
Thanks alot. Think im going to do just that as I plan on landing as soon as I get the books back

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
Congratulations to all who received PPR today.