NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Thanks folks :)

My landing experience at Prescott: I drove from Ottawa with two of my friends (both Canadian citizens-immigrants) at around 6:30pm, arrived there in about an hour. There was only one car in front of us which was surprising being a Friday night right before the March break in Canada. An officer asked us about the citizenship and passports. Then she asked us to follow another officer who showed me where to park the car and where the office was. We went into the office and asked for the paperwork. He checked them and in about half an hour gave me a refusal letter and described how does that work. In general, neither of US officers was nice and at some point we felt they have been trying giving us a hard time. We drove back to the Canadian side and asked again same questions. Then we went into the office, passed all the papers, and signed on the CoPRs. I have been asked for Passport, CoPRs, work permit, previous expired study permits (which I have not brought them but asked me to destroy them), US refusal letter, and it took them about 20 minutes to come back to us. The guy was very welcoming and explained where should I apply for new SIN, OHIP, driver license and even the new laws for the citizenship.

For me it was a long journey started in 2013 when I could have applied for Ontario nominee. I made some mistakes taking it too easy at the first but I also could have been more lucky at some other parts. I wish everyone here waiting, a smooth journey towards getting Canadian Permanent Residency.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
hamoonExpressEntry said:
AAA would you please let us know when had you applied for GCMS notes? I have not yet received the one I requested on February 5th. Thanks,
Feb 9th.

educationist

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Toronto, Canada
AAA2133 said:

My landing experience at Prescott: I drove from Ottawa with two of my friends (both Canadian citizens-immigrants) at around 6:30pm, arrived there in about an hour. There was only one car in front of us which was surprising being a Friday night right before the March break in Canada. An officer asked us about the citizenship and passports. Then she asked us to follow another officer who showed me where to park the car and where the office was. We went into the office and asked for the paperwork. He checked them and in about half an hour gave me a refusal letter and described how does that work. In general, neither of US officers was nice and at some point we felt they have been trying giving us a hard time. We drove back to the Canadian side and asked again same questions. Then we went into the office, passed all the papers, and signed on the CoPRs. I have been asked for Passport, CoPRs, work permit, previous expired study permits (which I have not brought them but asked me to destroy them), US refusal letter, and it took them about 20 minutes to come back to us. The guy was very welcoming and explained where should I apply for new SIN, OHIP, driver license and even the new laws for the citizenship.

For me it was a long journey started in 2013 when I could have applied for Ontario nominee. I made some mistakes taking it too easy at the first but I also could have been more lucky at some other parts. I wish everyone here waiting, a smooth journey towards getting Canadian Permanent Residency.
Thank you for sharing your landing experience. I am sure that it would help others.

karakou

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Hello

I just got an update email from CIC. when I logged in, i could see that my BG had moved to "in progress". first update since 5 months :-[

what does it mean? is PPR close?

kindly assist guys

Thanks in advance 8)

educationist

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Toronto, Canada
karakou said:
Hello

I just got an update email from CIC. when I logged in, i could see that my BG had moved to "in progress". first update since 5 months :-[

kindly assist guys

Thanks in advance 8)
Please share your timeline and category.

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
karakou said:
Hello

kindly assist guys

Thanks in advance 8)
Any update is good. It means they are working on your file. Hopefully PPR soon. Good luck

Suzy22

Jul 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug /17/2015
AOR Received.
Oct/20/2015
canadaindia44 said:
Any update is good. It means they are working on your file. Hopefully PPR soon. Good luck
Am still worried as my BG is still not started since October. CIC pls show some mercy :'(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Suzy22 said:
Am still worried as my BG is still not started since October. CIC pls show some mercy :'(
If you are an outlander your BGcheck will not go in progress until the end. Mine started on March 3, the day my application reached the 6 months mark. So have patience be optimistic.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AAA2133 said:

Congrats AAA123, enjoy your well deserved journey and thanks again for persistently following up and maintaining spreadsheet.

karakou

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Hello
Thanks. I am outlander, aor 15 oct

LuckyLucy2015

Feb 28, 2016
Gosh...no update since Nov 9th. I'm FSW/Outlander. Is it true that my category might be the last one to be processed?

My AOR was Oct 30. Meds passed in Nov. Schedule A Nov 3rd. BG check not started.

I don't have a job offer, but my CRS score is: 495...

Feeling pretty frustrated. Was hoping to hear good news this week.

I just found out that I'm pregnant (4 weeks after AOR). I was hoping, to receive PR before I'm due. But now it seems impossible.

Does anybody know what to do if I receive PPR, but can't land in Canada because of my condition?
What happens if I give birth shortly after PPR? Will CIC cancel everything? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for your advice....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
LuckyLucy2015 said:
Gosh...no update since Nov 9th. I'm FSW/Outlander. Is it true that my category might be the last one to be processed?

My AOR was Oct 30. Meds passed in Nov. Schedule A Nov 3rd. BG check not started.

I don't have a job offer, but my CRS score is: 495...

Feeling pretty frustrated. Was hoping to hear good news this week.

I just found out that I'm pregnant (4 weeks after AOR). I was hoping, to receive PR before I'm due. But now it seems impossible.

Does anybody know what to do if I receive PPR, but can't land in Canada because of my condition?
What happens if I give birth shortly after PPR? Will CIC cancel everything? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for your advice....
Don't stress. First congratulations on your journey towards motherhood. If you have a baby after PPR, or during your processing you can send in a CSE and add the new born to the list. All you will have to do is show that you have the settlement funds for the new born.

And NO, CIC will not cancel anything just because you have a new born. A lot of applicants have babies during the application process. So nothing to fear and there is a thread I believe that deals with how to add the new born to the application.