+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER - let's get together

vinayakc

Sep 10, 2014
Friends,

I summit my ITA on 15th of October (Under Province nomination stream) got AOR on the same date, Payment made by credit card which I confirm debited after 2 days in addition also summated medicals on 16th Oct .

But still, I have not received any schedule form request nor can see medical pass on cic portal.

Is it Alarming friends if not then please suggest further core of action?

Will appreciate your suggestion....
Thanks

Harry20

Nov 9, 2015
DAC_YYZ said:
How are you planning to take the funds? Do you have any idea if is it possible to open Canadian Bank account online and transfer the funds before departure?
Right now I Hav funds in indian rupees currency. May be I will convert them into Canadian dollars and I think I can carry 10k with me and 3k I'm thinking to show bank statement but m not sure yet.
I actualy want to carry just 2-3 thousand cad with me and my parens can transfer money if I needed only but m not sure if this can happen in sm way?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Harry20 said:
Right now I Hav funds in indian rupees currency. May be I will convert them into Canadian dollars and I think I can carry 10k with me and 3k I'm thinking to show bank statement but m not sure yet.
I actualy want to carry just 2-3 thousand cad with me and my parens can transfer money if I needed only but m not sure if this can happen in sm way?
Bottomline is, you must be able to show the minimum amount (CAD 11931) at the POE if asked. Now, how you are planning to do that is up to you!

That is why I suggested some cash, travel card, traveler's checks and rest in the bank account.

Harry20

Nov 9, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Excuse me? Are you telling you got PPR in 12 days after submission and you are FSW outland!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What is happening suddenly? The processing times are unbelievably short!!! OMG! :p :eek: :eek: 8) 8..............

My reply....

Thank you very much for information
Yes, it was amazingly quick. Couldn't belive everything happend so fast. Thanking God.
Wishing u luck for your PR as well. Wish u get it soon as well

Ok I'll look about opening account in Canadian bank before actual landing. And will trasfer some of the
Amount. Please give your suggestions if possible regarding following queries
Can I show recent bank statement of my bank in home country and show that I can transfer the amount anytime to canada using net banking?
Wondering if there could b a way and it could be done with just about 2-3000 dollars coz I kno I wouldn't need that huge amount in canada. And if needed my dad can transfer any amount later whenever I want in future.
Pls suggest if anything possible

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Harry20 said:
Thank you very much for information
Yes, it was amazingly quick. Couldn't belive everything happend so fast. Thanking God.
Wishing u luck for your PR as well. Wish u get it soon as well

Ok I'll look about opening account in Canadian bank before actual landing. And will trasfer some of the
Amount. Please give your suggestions if possible regarding following queries
Can I show recent bank statement of my bank in home country and show that I can transfer the amount anytime to canada using net banking?
Wondering if there could b a way and it could be done with just about 2-3000 dollars coz I kno I wouldn't need that huge amount in canada. And if needed my dad can transfer any amount later whenever I want in future.
Pls suggest if anything possible
Yes, you can do that but please be sure to carry an updated bank statement and a fresh bank letter from your bank before you take off.

Have 3000 CAD in hand in the form of cash, traveler's checks and travel card combined.

Have rest of the amount in your bank account in YOUR name for which you have the aforementioned documentation.

Good luck and all the very best :). I wish all applicants get an expedited processing like you did. I will be honest - I am jealous of you now ;) :) .

miki0125

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinayakc said:
Friends,

I summit my ITA on 15th of October (Under Province nomination stream) got AOR on the same date, Payment made by credit card which I confirm debited after 2 days in addition also summated medicals on 16th Oct .

But still, I have not received any schedule form request nor can see medical pass on cic portal.

Thanks

We are the same date of AOR, and I only got medical passed. I think our cases may assign to a lazy officer, lol. Btw, I am FSW INLAND

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
Hi ,

I have been asked to pay the RPRF yesterday and today my application status changed BackGroup Check from Not Started to Inprogress.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Harry20 said:
I submitted my application on 14th oct and got PPR on 26 oct. I am Outland candidate.
Got my copr and passport last week.

Can someone please tell me about funds what I should carry at canada entry . I kno it's about 13 K dollars but still what's the best way if I don't wanna take that much money with me, as I'll not require it there. If required my parents can send me money later.

Thanks
Do you remember the exact dates? PP sent, PP received, COPR. I'll be adding them to spreadsheet.

mssm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-11-2015
Harry20 said:
you can carry in travellers check .. contact thomas cook or some FOREX who give travellers check .. carrying cash for huge amt is not advisable ..

mssm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-11-2015
vinayakc said:
Friends,

Thanks
I got my AOR on 19th Oct under FSW inland .. still no updates but all in progress (medical, eligibility, BG) .. which category u applied under ... FSW inland is slowest and takes 4 to 5 months .. lets hope some updates by end of this month ..

Marija1888

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinayakc said:
Friends,

Thanks
Hi, we submitted on October 20th and still nothing has changed in our application, so you are not alone. I told myself that there is nothin to do but wait...

Kam_Josh

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2015
Hello Friends,
I was trying to check my "ECAS Status"
I got following message.
Can some one tell me what it is for?

Message is as follow:

"If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

[Check Box]Remove website access to my application status and address information.
Note: This means you or anyone else will no longer be able to access your application status and address information on this website. You will have to contact us to learn about changes to your application status and to update your address information."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Kam_Josh said:
Hello Friends,
I was trying to check my "ECAS Status"
I got following message.
Can some one tell me what it is for?

Message is as follow:

"If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

[Check Box]Remove website access to my application status and address information.
Note: This means you or anyone else will no longer be able to access your application status and address information on this website. You will have to contact us to learn about changes to your application status and to update your address information."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Something is very wrong with ECAS since a couple of days.

anandbabud

Dec 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Nomination.....
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2016
BG is in progress. but dont have ecas access suddenly. guys I am going to come to Toronto Canada with work permit on this Sunday. my spouse and child would be backhome. If I get PPR I dont know what to do.. any suggestions.