RBatista

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
03-aug-2016
chiyakam said:
Guys, you won't believe this - I had written to CPC ottawa that I had not received any updates from LVO with "URGENT" and this is what I received just today:

"Your application was approved. A passport request was sent to you on April 6, 2016 via your email. Please let us know if you have not received it." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Of course I never received it nor did my lawyer.. Now I have written back to them that I haven't received it and requested them to send it again.

And I have been waiting for last so many days without any reason!! Too much!!

Wow... What on earth is going on? I've seen way too many cases like this lately. Makes me wonder whether mine is been approved or rejected already and here I am, completely in the dark :/

Congratulations though! Lol

msama017

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
I called CIC-helpline again.
The agent was very helpful and somehow gave me a hint.
It seems that there is another guy with similar name/family name living in my town in Canada who has BG issue!
??? ??? ???
They want to make sure that I am not that guy!
The agent suggested me to send an email/fax to CIC and explain the situation with details.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
msama017 said:
I called CIC-helpline again.
The agent was very helpful and somehow gave me a hint.
It seems that there is another guy with similar name/family name living in my town in Canada who has BG issue!
??? ??? ???
They want to make sure that I am not that guy!
The agent suggested me to send an email/fax to CIC and explain the situation with details.
OMG!!!
At least you know they have not forgot your application!

msama017

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
Han said:
OMG!!!
At least you know they have not forgot your application!
What she (the agent) told me was really helpful.
At least I know what they are doing!
Some of those agents just do not care!

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
chiyakam said:
Guys, you won't believe this - I had written to CPC ottawa that I had not received any updates from LVO with "URGENT" and this is what I received just today:

"Your application was approved. A passport request was sent to you on April 6, 2016 via your email. Please let us know if you have not received it." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Of course I never received it nor did my lawyer.. Now I have written back to them that I haven't received it and requested them to send it again.

And I have been waiting for last so many days without any reason!! Too much!!
What ..that's too much ..and those Call Centre Agents were telling you that your file is now with NDVO ..!!

Anyways ..keep your fingers crossed ..hope you will get it in a day or so !!

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Good morning folks!! I'm happy to announce my PPR :):):):):):)post a wait of 7 months, 1 week and 6 days!! My application was approved on 6th April and as per CIC RFV was sent then only, however it wasn't received either by me or by my lawyer. Thanks to this forum and specially adin.blr, who posted his details here and I could follow the same steps to snatch my PPR from CIC :p!!

To my fellow waitlisters - Please get in touch with CIC if you haven't done already, I wish you also announce the news soon and that we celebrate together in Canada! Cheers!!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
chiyakam said:
Good morning folks!! I'm happy to announce my PPR :):):):):):)post a wait of 7 months, 1 week and 6 days!! My application was approved on 6th April and as per CIC RFV was sent then only, however it wasn't received either by me or by my lawyer. Thanks to this forum and specially adin.blr, who posted his details here and I could follow the same steps to snatch my PPR from CIC :p!!

To my fellow waitlisters - Please get in touch with CIC if you haven't done already, I wish you also announce the news soon and that we celebrate together in Canada! Cheers!!
Woohooo!!!!! Congratulations!!! That's really great.
Seems like the list is getting shorter and shorter....

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Congratulations, chiyakam. That's some ordeal you had to go through. Good thing your persistence paid off.

So far we have two reports of this happening by NDVO but I wonder if it applies to other VOs as well,

Time to update your sig. ;)

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiyakam said:

Congrats bro. The thing is very clear now; as and when u get to know decision is made and file is RFV just get in touch with CIC via email marking it as urgent and you would get ur email. Either its GCMS or call center agent who can tell us if DM and file is RFV

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anothing thing is PPR will come from Ottawa. As in both the cases of Chiyakam and Adin.blr NDVO dint do anything even if file was DM and transferred to them by Ottawa.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Thanks @ToCanadaWeGo, bellaluna and r_mittal86! LVO didn't have any role to play with this as the PPR email also came from CPC Ottawa only.

Also, just FYI - I have submitted our passports at VFS New Delhi today. The overall charge for their service is 980₹ per head if you go for SMS notification + courier charges.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiyakam said:
Thanks @ToCanadaWeGo, bellaluna and r_mittal86! LVO didn't have any role to play with this as the PPR email also came from CPC Ottawa only.

Also, just FYI - I have submitted our passports at VFS New Delhi today. The overall charge for their service is 980₹ per head if you go for SMS notification + courier charges.
Great job bro, wish u all the best for ur future at Canada.

980 is for return using courier? How about the picture? you took it inside VFS office?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
chiyakam said:

Congratulations, chiyakam! :)

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
r_mittal86 said:
Anothing thing is PPR will come from Ottawa. As in both the cases of Chiyakam and Adin.blr NDVO dint do anything even if file was DM and transferred to them by Ottawa.
How do we know if the decision is made on our application, I believe earlier we would know through Ecas right. What about now? Do they update it on myCic?

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crazydesifool said:
How do we know if the decision is made on our application, I believe earlier we would know through Ecas right. What about now? Do they update it on myCic?
Either you call CIC and get this info or your GCMS will show you that decision is made.
MyCIC will not have any update for decision made, it will only have the update once your COPR is issued.