04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
chiyakam said:
Such a dry spell since the last few days.

Average processing time has shifted onwards from 150 +/- 5 to 162 +/- 5 (On the basis of the latest PPRs data from the forum). They might as well make it 180 days. I'm in such a state now that I don't even care anymore.
I have reached the 162 day mark as of today, hope this week brings an end to this everlasting wait.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
legalfalcon said:
You are right, that is what I specifically wrote, "If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected." Once an ITA is received and on that day the age of the applicant is the same as on his EE profile, it will not affect the CRS points. However, if his EE profile age changes when he receives the ITA, it will also affect his e-APR and thus affect the CRS score.

To illustrate let's take Mr. X whose birthday is on Feb 3, [year is irrelevant]. He makes an EE profile on Jan 25 and receives and ITA on Feb 1, but his e-APR is March 2. His age has changed and will affect his CRS score. Usually what is present on the ITA is a lock in, but the age is variable. So if there is change from ITA to e-APR, it will affect the CRS score. If it goes down and is still above the cut-off, there is no concern, but for applicants whose CRS goes below the cutoff of the ITA, it means a rejection.
I beg to differ. If your age changes post-ITA, and pre-AOR you will not be penalized according to this public policy: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

Officers may decide to not apply the policy, but I have not witnessed that so far on this forum.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Tocanadawego said:
I beg to differ. If your age changes post-ITA, and pre-AOR you will not be penalized according to this public policy: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/exempt-applicants-pr.asp

Officers may decide to not apply the policy, but I have not witnessed that so far on this forum.
What I wrote about the age is from the GCMS notes. The agent notes specifically states "no change from ITA to e-APR." This is not only seen on my notes, but other notes available on the forum. I will not argue just for the sake of arguing, but maybe you are right. I just wanted to bring the age issue to light. Usually age will not matter to those applicants whose CRS is way over the ITA cutoff, but for applicants who are right on the borderline, it may be a cause to worry.

I don't recall remembering a rejection on age, but you never know with CIC. Also, when and agent decides to ignore shaving off points or grant points, a second agent will have to review it and agree with the first agents determination as per law.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
legalfalcon said:
What I wrote about the age is from the GCMS notes. The agent notes specifically states "no change from ITA to e-APR." This is not only seen on my notes, but other notes available on the forum. I will not argue just for the sake of arguing, but maybe you are right. I just wanted to bring the age issue to light. Usually age will not matter to those applicants whose CRS is way over the ITA cutoff, but for applicants who are right on the borderline, it may be a cause to worry.

I don't recall remembering a rejection on age, but you never know with CIC. Also, when and agent decides to ignore shaving off points or grant points, a second agent will have to review it and agree with the first agents determination as per law.
Oh you are totally right, I agree with you! Even in my notes, my points are re-calculated because my age changed between ITA and e-APR. I'm just saying that it's not an automatic reason for rejection. That's all. But all you're saying is completely right.

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had one question.. is the processing time for people who have resided in the USA longer? I lived in the US for almost 7 years , so had to submit my FBI PCC.. I have not heard anything from them since medicals passed.. not even FBI PCC request. I uploaded it when I did get it through a CSE. I had submitted an LOE intially explaining them about the delay in processing times.

Is there a thread where i can find data for application processing times for people who have resided in the US ?

Please share your comments and any useful information, perhaps somebody who had ordered GCMS notes and found any additional delays ?

karakou

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Thanks legalfalcon for sharing :D

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ronnie_rocket_fan said:
Had one question.. is the processing time for people who have resided in the USA longer? I lived in the US for almost 7 years , so had to submit my FBI PCC.. I have not heard anything from them since medicals passed.. not even FBI PCC request. I uploaded it when I did get it through a CSE. I had submitted an LOE intially explaining them about the delay in processing times.

Is there thread where i can find data for application processing times for people who have resided in the US ?

Please share your comments and any useful information, perhaps somebody who had ordered GCMS notes and found any additional delays ?
To answer your question bluntly, NONE. Residing in the US has only one issue, Ottawa is the Local Visa Office (LVO). It is over-burdened with loads of work which might cause a little delay as compared to applicants in different countries where the LVO handles fewer applications. All applications irrespective of country of residence are sent to Central Processing Office (CPO). Which I believe is in Sydney, ON. They do the R10 completeness check there, and then the applications go to Case Processing Office, Ottawa where the eligibility is determined and then to the LVO.

I have been in the US for the last 8 years. My AoR is Sep 3, even I submitted a LoE for FBI PCC, received a request to upload FBI PCC on October 1, uploaded the FBI PCC on October 7. Since then my application was silent. Then on January 20, 2016, I received a request for military records, to which I answered in negative since I had never served in the military. On March 3, my BGC went in progress.

I ordered the first set of GCMS notes and was surprised to find that since October until January no one touched my file. My eligibility was cleared on January 15.

I ordered the second set of GCMS notes in Feb end and will have them by the end of March.

Recently the processing times have increased.

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
To answer your question bluntly, NONE. Residing in the US has only one issue, Ottawa is the Local Visa Office (LVO). It is over-burdened with loads of work which might cause a little delay as compared to applicants in different countries where the LVO only handles less applications.

I have been in the US for the last 8 years. My AoR is Sep 3, even I submitted a LoE for FBI PCC, received a request to upload FBI PCC on October 1, uploaded the FBI PCC on October 7. Since then my application was silent. Then on January 20, 2016, I received a request for military records, to which I answered in negative since I had never served in the military. On March 3, my BGC went in progress.

I ordered the first set of GCMS notes and was surprised to find that since October until January no one touched my file. My eligibility was cleared on January 15.

I ordered the second set of GCMS notes in Feb end and will have them by end of March.

Recently the processing times have increased.

Thanks for the reply ! Sadly I hired an immigration lawyer and have no access to MY CIC account. I guess I have to just wait and watch. I m not residing in USA since last 3 years. I m in my home country (India), does that change my LVO or its Ottawa?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ronnie_rocket_fan said:
Thanks for the reply ! Sadly I hired an immigration lawyer and have no access to MY CIC account. I guess I have to just wait and watch. I m not residing in USA since last 3 years. I m in my home country (India), does that change my LVO or its Ottawa?
If you are back in India, your LVO will be New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO). It handles less application as compared to Ottawa. Keep your fingers crossed.

ronnie_rocket_fan

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
If you are back in India, your LVO will be New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO). It handles less application as compared to Ottawa. Keep your fingers crossed.
Ok thanks for that info !

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
Update.. Just got an email from my lawyer that CIC is requesting me for PCC for South Korea where I lived for only 5 months. As per CIC's guidelines a PCC isn't required for less than 6 months of stay but they have still asked for it :(.

Does anyone know how to get PCC for South Korea? I'm in India (New Delhi) and am thinking of visiting embassy of South Korea. If anyone knows something about it, please help.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
chiyakam said:
Update.. Just got an email from my lawyer that CIC is requesting me for PCC for South Korea where I lived for only 5 months. As per CIC's guidelines a PCC isn't required for less than 6 months of stay but they have still asked for it :(.

Does anyone know how to get PCC for South Korea? I'm in India (New Delhi) and am thinking of visiting embassy of South Korea. If anyone knows something about it, please help.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
murtazajaffri_cca said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp
Thanks mate, I already knew about this one. Was trying to see if somebody had approached the embassy.

Since they have asked for a PCC, I guess they have at least started looking into my application :D!!

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
chiyakam said:
Thanks mate, I already knew about this one. Was trying to see if somebody had approached the embassy.

Since they have asked for a PCC, I guess they have at least started looking into my application :D!!
oh, best of luck try approaching embassy, lets see what they have to say.