+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER - let's get together

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
My VO too is Ottawa and my file was transferred to Ottawa since 20th October. There has been no update since them. That means my file was not touched for over 3 months. So sad.

Tocanadawego said:
Mine was generated on January 12, and also everything not started. VO Ottawa. i am ordering new notes tomorrow. Hoping for some movement soon.

jessiepanda

Apr 14, 2015
xlnc7 said:
Hey fellow immigrants,

I have a query, while filling EE profile i mentioned that i have an uncle (father's real brother) in Canada. To which i was asked for proof of relationship at the time of submitting my docs for PR application.

To prove relationship, i have provided copies of
his and my father old indian voter card which same dad's name (my grandfather), , his and my father's matriculation certificate which has same dad's name (my grandfather).

To prove his immigration status, i have provided his passport copy

To prove he is currently staying in Canada, i provided his recent utility bills.

Would that suffice ?

Please advise.
Lots of people have the same last names, I don't know if that's enough to prove the relationship. But what do I know lol

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
dupsy21 said:
My VO too is Ottawa and my file was transferred to Ottawa since 20th October. There has been no update since them. That means my file was not touched for over 3 months. So sad.
Yeah, mine was transfered there around the same time. Seems like Ottawa is keeping all the files on hold.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
chiyakam said:
Yours is already around the average PPR processing time (The sweet spot where they have been sending PPRs to the Outlanders -> 155-156 these days, average time). Why don't you hang around for 5-6 more days?
I have a feeling nothing's gonna move. My background is still "not started". I actually think that I will see absolutely no movement in my new GCMS notes. It's like Ottawa is not processing anyone at all these days. I only see PPRs coming from local VOs.

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
jessiepanda said:
Lots of people have the same last names, I don't know if that's enough to prove the relationship. But what do I know lol
No i am not using same last name to prove relationship.

I am saying that both my father and my uncle have same father i.e. my grandfather.

:)

jessiepanda

Apr 14, 2015
xlnc7 said:

I am saying that both my father and my uncle have same father i.e. my grandfather.

I personally don't think names can prove anything.

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
Guys i got a request to ipload few documents. The only thing which i dont undertsnad is they ask me for previous areest and dates but i never got arrested neither convicted of any crime and also my pcc is on file so what should i upload for this...

Kishanpal

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Malik87 said:
Guys i got a request to ipload few documents. The only thing which i dont undertsnad is they ask me for previous areest and dates but i never got arrested neither convicted of any crime and also my pcc is on file so what should i upload for this...
Write an letter of explanation stating all that and upload that. there is nothing to worry about.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got GCMS. Ordered Feb 1 got Mar 2.
Nothing changed. Still Eligibility and security not assessed.
Only change is that they got my fax with an updated work reference letter.
I got ghost email on Feb 28 but nothing after.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Got GCMS. Ordered Feb 1 got Mar 2.
Nothing changed. Still Eligibility and security not assessed.
Only change is that they got my fax with an updated work reference letter.
I got ghost email on Feb 28 but nothing after.
Do GCMS notes show the status of your application closer to the time you ordered them, or closer to the time they were delivered to you?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
Do GCMS notes show the status of your application closer to the time you ordered them, or closer to the time they were delivered to you?
They receive the order, prepare the file in ~ 2 days, then send it to you after a month. So you get status 1 month ago.

I actually ordered it to make sure they got my updated work letter.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
They receive the order, prepare the file in ~ 2 days, then send it to you after a month. So you get status 1 month ago.

I actually ordered it to make sure they got my updated work letter.
Same situation here. Ordered on March 1st, a couple of days after sending additional work experience document via CSE.

SN11

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
xlnc7 said:

Usually to proove relationship of two siblings father's same name is the only way. If you have their birth certificates coly, you can attach that with a letter of explanation or if you can attach your father's passport copy which has parents name, coz voter ID may not be considered a valid proof. CIC will give more importance to passports which shows parents name is same and birth certificates.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi guys ,.

I need all your help here . I got PPR 10 days back and i placed a request for VO office change to within USA . Today i got a new message in the MyCIC account . When i logged in i saw status as "Your Action is Required " ...

There was new message from my local VO (New York) providing instructions for sending the passport (But i didn't get any email from lvo , i just got this message in MyCIC)

Also i see in application section "Review of submitted documents :We need an additional document from the applicant " ---- When i looked into the application section , they gave me a placeholder in the LOE section to upload a file .They just mentioned "Replacement Needed " as the heading --- But i don't know what to upload there ...

I am very confused , are they re -evaluating my application ? Am i going to get rejected ?