Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
okasmahm said:
Dear admin;

my application refused, due to certificate of qualification, kindly update. AOR 25 october, PNP out lander.
Friend! I am so sorry for this tragic event. I know it is easy to say, but please don't give up. Our hearts are with you.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
shmel83 said:
Guys, I need your advise.

I received my ATR on Oct 28, FSW, scores 485, paid fees upfront, all medical done, family of 4.

Soon after I received my ATR, I went to my employer’s HR and told them they either transfer me to Canada or I quit around May-June time.

Last month I was called back by HR, and told that there is an opportunity, and gave me an offer to Canada. I asked them if the transfer can wait until my PR is ready, and the answer was “no”. What my stupid HR decided to do is to apply for an ICT visa to Canada (ICT work permit, or whatever it’s called) instead of waiting for PR.

As I was told, even if they apply for such visa today, it should take at least 2 months here in London until they request my passport for that visa. By that time, they should already send me an Express Entry PPR (well, as we all hope for October group). Given that I need to retake all photos, re-request some documents for that visa, they will only be able apply on my behalf in ~2 week time, which means the earliest I can get the ICT visa is in the end of April-early May.

My questions for you folks are..

1) What if my EE PPR is significantly delayed, and I enter Canada on that ICT visa, would I be able to switch from within Canada? - If you are coming here on ICT they will give you closed work-permit here which means you can only work for your employer on that work permit. you can not switch the company as you are not authorised to work for any other company on that work permit. however if your PR gets approved after you come here then on that basis you can switch the job easily ...you will be free bird after PR....
2) What if for some reason my EE is rejected (*censored word* happens, right?), and I enter Canada on that ICT visa, would I be able to apply for the EE again from within Canada? - Yes you can. if in case your first application gets rejected (by any unfortunate condition) then you can correct that document/issue and then re apply from here there is no problem in that ....
3) Do you think having two separate CIC files on one name (one for EE and one for ICT visa in ~2 weeks) will anyhow affect EE PPR processing time? - may be may not be depends on the visa officer, but i am not 100% sure

Good Luck !!!

My internal employer’s visa consultant said “it’s ok” to all of above, but I am still worried since our HR sucks and they don’t care much about employees’ personal problems.

Thank you guys. Will be waiting for your replies.

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Queries!

I heard that ICT is really a "locked" visa to one particular employer. Here in UK I am on exact same visa, and I think UK and Canadian Intra-Conpany-Transfer visas are identical.

I'm trying to postpone this visa as much as possible (stretching time with documents) so that I can get the EE PPR sooner.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
shmel83 said:
Thanks Queries!

I heard that ICT is really a "locked" visa to one particular employer. Here in UK I am on exact same visa, and I think UK and Canadian Intra-Conpany-Transfer visas are identical.

I'm trying to postpone this visa as much as possible (stretching time with documents) so that I can get the EE PPR sooner.
Yes, its only allow you to work for one employer .... delaying the document submission is good idea .... ;)

Hit [good] if you like my suggestion ...

avish1984

Feb 2, 2015
Dear Friends,

I received the ITA on 21st August ( FSW Outlander, points 459, IELTS: LWRS-8,8,8 & 8) and submitted my application and paid the fees on 14th October 2015 and I see that most of them who have submitted the applications in September and October time frame have started receiving their PRs.

I have following questions because I am not really clear about a few things, in the first place I outsourced my PR application process to one of the Immigration agencies and I do not have clear status on my application status. I tried linking my application on My CIC website but I was unsuccessful.

1. Do we receive the AOR immediately under the express entry system, my attorney says that he has not received an AOR in my case.
2. If what my attorney says is true then what should I be doing to obtain an AOR
3. I remember tracking my status thru EAC or ECA back in November 2015, the site did tell me that on October 14th we received your and the next day it said that Medical Tests received on 19th October 2015 and after that was never able to track the application and and think same was the case with other members in the group.

By looking at the current timelines, the PPR should come thru anytime now ( keeping my fingers crossed) however the attorney says that it takes around 8 months to receive the PR.

I request the experts in the forum to get me of this blindfold. Once I have some clarity, I will initiate a conversation with the Attorney based on your inputs.

Thank you in Advance.

Regards,

Avish

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
@Avish: your timeline is similar to mine, PPRs for FSW Outland cases for October are yet to start but the same has started for the PNPs. We should start seeing PPRs shortly afterwards. However, the processing time indicated by CIC is 6 months and there are a few people who had to wait full 6 months or even more for their PPRs. I suggest you keep watching this forum and get in touch with your lawyer when you start seeing the Outands getting PPRs.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
avish1984 said:
Dear Friends,

I received the ITA on 21st August ( FSW Outlander, points 459, IELTS: LWRS-8,8,8 & 8) and submitted my application and paid the fees on 14th October 2015 and I see that most of them who have submitted the applications in September and October time frame have started receiving their PRs.

I have following questions because I am not really clear about a few things, in the first place I outsourced my PR application process to one of the Immigration agencies and I do not have clear status on my application status. I tried linking my application on My CIC website but I was unsuccessful.

1. Do we receive the AOR immediately under the express entry system, my attorney says that he has not received an AOR in my case.
2. If what my attorney says is true then what should I be doing to obtain an AOR
3. I remember tracking my status thru EAC or ECA back in November 2015, the site did tell me that on October 14th we received your and the next day it said that Medical Tests received on 19th October 2015 and after that was never able to track the application and and think same was the case with other members in the group.

By looking at the current timelines, the PPR should come thru anytime now ( keeping my fingers crossed) however the attorney says that it takes around 8 months to receive the PR.

I request the experts in the forum to get me of this blindfold. Once I have some clarity, I will initiate a conversation with the Attorney based on your inputs.

Thank you in Advance.

Regards,

Avish
With due respect to the immigration agency, I can say the person handling your case is not aware about current procedure of PR application. AOR is received the same day you send your application. In some cases it is received after a day or so, but certainly it is received.

Secondly, the maximum time limit for granting PR as per CIC is 6 months and Not 8 months.

Regards

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi,

I am new to this forum please add my information on the spreadsheet if possible.

FSW Inland
AOR 11 Oct
Med passed 16 th oct
BG check in progress 20th oct

Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shmel83 said:
Thanks Queries!

There is no reason to delay your ICT application.

There is some thing called "Dual intent" you are perfectly okay to apply for PR as well as temporary resident visas / work permit at the same time.

Any one interested can read about it by searching Dual intent.

Yes if you get ICT first, you cannot switch employer until you get PR. But that is the case with all other LMIA based work permits too.

However, assuming you are not on PR, another employer can still obtain a new LMIA and corresponding work permit for you. It is much harder, but still technically its not precisely "cannot switch employer" (under any circumstances)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rollingpunjab said:
With due respect to the immigration agency, I can say the person handling your case is not aware about current procedure of PR application. AOR is received the same day you send your application. In some cases it is received after a day or so, but certainly it is received.

Secondly, the maximum time limit for granting PR as per CIC is 6 months and Not 8 months.

Regards
I would go as far as to not giving any due respect to immigration agencies. Primarily because they know too little, take advantage of innocent people and charge huge sums of money using the little (incomplete) info they have.

Both of things said above are true. Average processing time is 6 months. AOR is certainly received pretty soon. For majority of applicants it is the same day or the next. For some percentage of applicants in the past (mid 2015 applicants) there used to be some gap in receiving AOR. But it is an automated process basically and since sept oct 2015 almost every one gets it within a day.

There is no way to separately link your app except asking your agency to log in to the my cic account of yours and check the status. This is because CIC does not recommend using any agencies.

AmairaaNonuSonu

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Outland FSW
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2016
Congratulations to all our Friends , who got PPR this weekend!!!! Best of luck for the new life ahead..

No update for me though... :'(

No ghost , no status, no email .. :(

AOR 1 Oct ..

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
AmairaaNonuSonu said:
Congratulations to all our Friends , who got PPR this weekend!!!! Best of luck for the new life ahead..

No update for me though... :'(

No ghost , no status, no email .. :(

AOR 1 Oct ..
Dear are u inland or outland and which category either PNP/CEC/FSW/FSTW?

AmairaaNonuSonu

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Outland FSW
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2016
murtazajaffri_cca said:
Dear are u inland or outland and which category either PNP/CEC/FSW/FSTW?

Hi, Iam FSW.. any views?? or any insights !!!

Send for GCMS on 28 Jan..

this wait and watch is so stressful :(

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
Good day all.

I hope we are all blessed by great news and progress of our cases this week :D

Just a couple of questions:

1) By the time I submitted my application I did not have my PCC ready. I immediately applied for PCC and have received them now. Would you guys recommend sending them through via CSI (Case Specific Inquiry) or wait for them to be requested by Local Visa Office?

2) I would also like to know what you guys think of doing Upfront Medicals (for PNP out land applicants only). Is there any proof that it will speed up the process? Any positives by doing it upfront?

I know it will affect the time I have to "land" if I do medicals up front.

Thank you all in advance for the great advice and taking time to answer my questions.

shmel83

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
There is no reason to delay your ICT application.

There is some thing called "Dual intent" you are perfectly okay to apply for PR as well as temporary resident visas / work permit at the same time.

Any one interested can read about it by searching Dual intent.

Yes if you get ICT first, you cannot switch employer until you get PR. But that is the case with all other LMIA based work permits too.

However, assuming you are not on PR, another employer can still obtain a new LMIA and corresponding work permit for you. It is much harder, but still technically its not precisely "cannot switch employer" (under any circumstances)
Thanks fkl!

This is very good to know. +1 for you. I will proceed with the providing my employer with all the documents for the ICT then. Hopefully I'll ring them in a couple of weeks and let them know about the EE PPR so that I don't need any visa:)

Shmel