Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
wifiwifey said:
Hi fkl,

I am also having an issue with POF. As per the POF requirement, I am supposed to bring 15k CAD (2 people in the family) to Canada but I don't want to bring the entire money when I land. If I carry less than the required amount, will there be any problem while landing? Will the officer ask to see the exact 15k as part of the landing procedure?

Please suggest!

Thanks!
Hi wifi,

Its better to carry some documentary proof of all funds required. If say you bring half of it along, you might carry a bank draft or traveler's cheque for the rest along that you might be able to cancel latter.

CBSA can and would ask for POF so showing a foreign bank account won't be enough and at the very least above is recommended.

Landing is final step / check in your PR process and CBSA has the right to refuse if they feel any of the grounds of your PR approval haven't met or have been violated.

There have been cases of people who were already in Canada on work permit, applied for PR with an LMIA job offer, got approved and went for landing, only to be returned without landing by CBSA saying "please bring along your LMIA job offer that exempts you from POF, then we will process your landing".

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
mohammad m said:
Is there anyone in this great group still waiting for PPR?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDdkSfcgmxLqg_g6tEBWRJMElm_yQsjw4bMLujVCIGs/edit#gid=83743221

There a few, You can check the spread sheet.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thank you very much for your response fkl! +1

fkl said:
Hi wifi,

Its better to carry some documentary proof of all funds required. If say you bring half of it along, you might carry a bank draft or traveler's cheque for the rest along that you might be able to cancel latter.

CBSA can and would ask for POF so showing a foreign bank account won't be enough and at the very least above is recommended.

Landing is final step / check in your PR process and CBSA has the right to refuse if they feel any of the grounds of your PR approval haven't met or have been violated.

There have been cases of people who were already in Canada on work permit, applied for PR with an LMIA job offer, got approved and went for landing, only to be returned without landing by CBSA saying "please bring along your LMIA job offer that exempts you from POF, then we will process your landing".

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Good day guys,
I have landed at Pearson Airport at July 2, 2016 along with my wife. I have traveled to Bangladesh to bring her with me. Only CoPR document and our passport were good enough to land as a PR. For a address to send the PR card, I have given my friend's address by using my Canadian Drivers licence. Thank you everyone in this forum for support and information. This forum is really a good one. If any applicant needs any kind of help or info regarding the application, please ask, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks
Raj

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Harish_HKR said:
Hello Guys,
I got my "Ready for Visa" mail today telling me to submit the passports for stamping. I am currently working and residing in Toronto,Canada while my wife is working and residing in Bangalore,India. Please let me know of what do i need to do next to get both of our passports stamped ??

Thanks & regards,
Harish Kumar
In my case, IRCC has sent 2nd mail for my wife mentioning "if I have any accompanying family member in Bangladesh or India, he/she can submit passport in the respective VISA office with a copy of 2nd mail directly." I suggest you to add a explanation letter along with your passport requesting them to arrange VISA stamping in India for your wife.

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
mohammad m said:
thanks nmeka.
I'm waiting for more than 7 months. I don't know what their officers are doing.
Most of the cases, local visa office makes the delay. you can request a GCMS note, then you can see what is happening with your application. Now a days, security clearance taking a lot of time due to recent events.

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
wifiwifey said:
Thank you very much for your response fkl! +1
Hi Wifey,
If you carry more than 5000 CAD in cash, you need to declare it in the port of entry of Canada. Thus it is better to carry a bank statement of wired transfer or a travelers cheque.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
raj_bond said:
Hi Wifey,
If you carry more than 5000 CAD in cash, you need to declare it in the port of entry of Canada. Thus it is better to carry a bank statement of wired transfer or a travelers cheque.
It's 10K - not 5K CAD though. And yes you have to declare it, but you are good as long as you actually fill it on the disembarkment card handed over 15 minutes before landing and tell CBSA before getting in.
Though other modes are fine too and mostly people do not carry that much cash.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
raj_bond said:
Hi Wifey,
Currency in traveler's cheques also has to be declared when bringing in over 10k CAD in total, as fkl pointed out.

I've gone through it myself at Toronto Pearson, I was just asked to go to the back before the exits where a customs officer filled out the form for me.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thank you Raj_Bond, bellaluna, fkl.

Raj Bond,

Can I open a bank account in Canada before landing there?

bellaluna said:
Currency in traveler's cheques also has to be declared when bringing in over 10k CAD in total, as fkl pointed out.

I've gone through it myself at Toronto Pearson, I was just asked to go to the back before the exits where a customs officer filled out the form for me.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
wifiwifey said:
Thank you Raj_Bond, bellaluna, fkl.

Raj Bond,

Can I open a bank account in Canada before landing there?
Some banks allow this; others don't. I know of HSBC or Scotiabank where you can open before landing.

Harish_HKR

Dec 9, 2015
Hello Guys,
I finally got my stamped passport yesterday. Now my wife and me are all set to complete the landing. We have been given time till 28th Oct 2016 to complete the landing process. 8)

Thanks everybody for all the support and guidance!!

Thanks & regards,
Harish Kumar