I have applied for PR on 12/Nov/2015 and the rest as follows:
23/Feb/2016 --> background check in progress
2/Mar/2016 --> PPR
5/Mar/2016 --> sent passports
11/Mar/2016 --> decision made
12/Mar/2016 --> received passports

Thanks in advance and good luck all,
Updated..
AOR in November spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDdkSfcgmxLqg_g6tEBWRJMElm_yQsjw4bMLujVCIGs/edit#gid=83743221

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
mcadam said:
Congrats! When are you landing?

Doing a short landing September and returning home to settle some business.

Moving permanently to Canada next autumn

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
November folks - Is there anyone who has heard from NDVO in the last few days? There seems to be no movement in NDVO and hence thought of checking here. Since it's just a few people left in the October thread I thought of checking on this and the Dec threads.

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Received my passport and CoPR yesterday but my wife is waiting for her passport coming back from High Commission of Canada in Singapore. My Application is still open.

If I fly to my home country and come back after 3 weeks, is my landing in Canada counted as PR landing or not ? (Anyone please share thoughts)

sandey999

Nov 20, 2015
Hi All,

I received PPR mail yesterday 8.30 am EST.

I am Inland OINP candidate.

AOR - Nov 29th 2015
PPR - May 25th 2016

All the best to all the people waiting for PPR and people who landed in Canada.

Adin.blr

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

Got the PPR.... FINALLY!!! ;D

My personal suggestion to all those who have crossed 6 months mark : Call CIC multiple times. Do not trust what 1 agent has told you. I spoke to 5 agents : 2 told me that application is complete and is with NDVO, 1 agent told me to contact NDVO, 2 of them said application is still in process. At first do not tell the agent that you already spoke to someone else. Tell them you have crossed 6 months processing time and have no clue whats going on.

So here's what I did in the last 7 days

1) 1st call to CIC : Agent Joseph informed me that my application processing was complete and file was transferred to NDVO on April 18, 2016 and I should wait for NDVO to contact.

2) Instead of waiting I sent an e-mail to NDVO but did not get any reply for 2 days. The auto response e-mail stated that NDVO does not provide updates on cases that are under process.

3) 1st call to NDVO : I was told that I need to wait for the e-mail reply.

4) 2nd call to CIC : Agent Dalina, a very helpful lady, our call got disconnected before she could provide me any useful info. But she had the courtesy to send me a one-liner email stating "contact New Delhi visa office for next steps".

5) 2nd call to NDVO : this time asked the call centre agent the process to internally mark my request as High priority. She informed me to add "URGENT" in the subject line.

6) 3rd call to CIC : Agent Mark confirmed that application is Approved and it is with NDVO and they will request for Passports soon. I need to wait for their response.

7) Sent another e-mail to NDVO May 24th with "URGENT" in the subject line. Got reply from NDVO on May 25th. Contrary to what the previous 3 CIC call centre agents stated, NDVO very clearly stated in their reply that application is not with them. "As your application is in progress at the visa office in cpc ottawa you will have to contact that visa office for any information on your application."

8 ) 4th call to CIC : Agent Caitlyn : Not helpful at all. She asked me to wait till September 2016. Her response did not change even after me telling her what the first 3 agents told me. She continued to state that the application is "in progress"

9) 5th call to CIC : Agent Claudia : She said the application is "in progress" and I will need to wait for online communication from CIC. I informed her about the contradicting information that her other colleagues have provided so far (Used all the previous agents' name). Also informed her that NDVO is claiming the opposite of what others have informed me so far. Read out NDVO's e-mail to her. She agreed to send an internal e-mail to CPC Ottawa requesting clarity and I will be contacted by CPC Ottawa within 30 days.

10) Once again instead of waiting, I contacted CPC Ottawa myself (used this e-mail ID : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca). Forwarded the e-mail thread that I had from NDVO and kept the "URGENT" in subject line. This was less of a "requesting update" email and more of "Please advice who should I contact as I am getting contradicting information from CIC call centre and NDVO". Auto response from CPC Ottawa "Due to a high volume of inquiries we are only able to respond to case-specific inquiries and the service standard is 20 working days."

Surprisingly CPC Ottawa responded the same day with this "Please note that your application has been approved and the passport request letter was sent to you on April 18, 2016. Please advise us if you have not received it and we will resend you that letter. "

SERIOUSLY!! Shocked Shocked I never received any PPR e-mail or MyCIC notification.

I requested them to resend PPR and within 3 hours I have now received PPR request through MyCIC.

So after all these phone calls and e-mails, no one gave me the full information. 2 agents gave me partially correct information and 2 agents gave me absolutely wrong information. In fact, I strongly believe CPC Ottawa responded to my e-mail instead of waiting for CSE, because I mentioned details of contradicting information I received from other options.

I still have not received the GCMS notes that I applied on May1st, so not sure which of the updates I received above are true.

So guys, once again, if you have crossed 6 months do not hesitate to contact CIC call centre. From what I noticed, no agent knew about my previous communication with other agents. We have waited for over 6 months so agents will try to find out whats going on. If they give you not so useful info then challenge them a bit using GCMS info or the communication that you received from other agent. Maybe ask them whats done and whats left. The more they talk the more info you get. Then repeat all of this with another agent. Send e-mails to local VO and CPC Ottawa both and make sure to include the word URGENT in subject along-with Application number. Send CSEs too.

If all sources give you the same info, then that is the truth and you should wait for a few days. If there is contradictory info provided then use it the way I did above.

Wish everybody gets their PPR soon without any hassle.

Good luck & Cheers !! :D

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Adin.blr said:
Hello Folks,

My personal suggestion to all those who have crossed 6 months mark : Call CIC multiple times. Do not trust what 1 agent has told you. I spoke to 5 agents : 2 told me that application is complete and is with NDVO, 1 agent told me to contact NDVO, 2 of them said application is still in process. At first do not tell the agent that you already spoke to someone else. Tell them you have crossed 6 months processing time and have no clue whats going on.

1) 1st call to CIC : Agent Joseph informed me that my application processing was complete and file was transferred to NDVO on April 18, 2016 and I should wait for NDVO to contact.

2) Instead of waiting I sent an e-mail to NDVO but did not get any reply for 2 days. The auto response e-mail stated that NDVO does not provide updates on cases that are under process.

4) 2nd call to CIC : Agent Dalina, a very helpful lady, our call got disconnected before she could provide me any useful info. But she had the courtesy to send me a one-liner email stating "contact New Delhi visa office for next steps".

5) 2nd call to NDVO : this time asked the call centre agent the process to internally mark my request as High priority. She informed me to add "URGENT" in the subject line.

6) 3rd call to CIC : Agent Mark confirmed that application is Approved and it is with NDVO and they will request for Passports soon. I need to wait for their response.

7) Sent another e-mail to NDVO May 24th with "URGENT" in the subject line. Got reply from NDVO on May 25th. Contrary to what the previous 3 CIC call centre agents stated, NDVO very clearly stated in their reply that application is not with them. "As your application is in progress at the visa office in cpc ottawa you will have to contact that visa office for any information on your application."

8 ) 4th call to CIC : Agent Caitlyn : Not helpful at all. She asked me to wait till September 2016. Her response did not change even after me telling her what the first 3 agents told me. She continued to state that the application is "in progress"

9) 5th call to CIC : Agent Claudia : She said the application is "in progress" and I will need to wait for online communication from CIC. I informed her about the contradicting information that her other colleagues have provided so far (Used all the previous agents' name). Also informed her that NDVO is claiming the opposite of what others have informed me so far. Read out NDVO's e-mail to her. She agreed to send an internal e-mail to CPC Ottawa requesting clarity and I will be contacted by CPC Ottawa within 30 days.

10) Once again instead of waiting, I contacted CPC Ottawa myself (used this e-mail ID : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca). Forwarded the e-mail thread that I had from NDVO and kept the "URGENT" in subject line. This was less of a "requesting update" email and more of "Please advice who should I contact as I am getting contradicting information from CIC call centre and NDVO". Auto response from CPC Ottawa "Due to a high volume of inquiries we are only able to respond to case-specific inquiries and the service standard is 20 working days."

Surprisingly CPC Ottawa responded the same day with this "Please note that your application has been approved and the passport request letter was sent to you on April 18, 2016. Please advise us if you have not received it and we will resend you that letter. "

SERIOUSLY!! Shocked Shocked I never received any PPR e-mail or MyCIC notification.

I requested them to resend PPR and within 3 hours I have now received PPR request through MyCIC.

So after all these phone calls and e-mails, no one gave me the full information. 2 agents gave me partially correct information and 2 agents gave me absolutely wrong information. In fact, I strongly believe CPC Ottawa responded to my e-mail instead of waiting for CSE, because I mentioned details of contradicting information I received from other options.

I still have not received the GCMS notes that I applied on May1st, so not sure which of the updates I received above are true.

So guys, once again, if you have crossed 6 months do not hesitate to contact CIC call centre. From what I noticed, no agent knew about my previous communication with other agents. We have waited for over 6 months so agents will try to find out whats going on. If they give you not so useful info then challenge them a bit using GCMS info or the communication that you received from other agent. Maybe ask them whats done and whats left. The more they talk the more info you get. Then repeat all of this with another agent. Send e-mails to local VO and CPC Ottawa both and make sure to include the word URGENT in subject along-with Application number. Send CSEs too.

If all sources give you the same info, then that is the truth and you should wait for a few days. If there is contradictory info provided then use it the way I did above.

WOW! Thanks for the info and enjooy!

Nitinj.36

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say they are playing with our emotions :-\

Adin.blr said:
Hello Folks,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Congrats @Adin.blr and +1 for putting all that info here for others to get a better visibility and ideas about what to do.

uua

May 24, 2016
Adin.blr said:
Hello Folks,

My personal suggestion to all those who have crossed 6 months mark : Call CIC multiple times. Do not trust what 1 agent has told you. I

Congrats!
Their online system and operations are nowhere near good enough.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Guys,

Can anyone refer me to any thread which discuss about accounting jobs in Canada? I want to know whether Toronto or Edmonton is better for Accounting Jobs?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
wifiwifey said:
Guys,

Can anyone refer me to any thread which discuss about accounting jobs in Canada? I want to know whether Toronto or Edmonton is better for Accounting Jobs?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
I don't know anything about accounting, but it might not be a good time for any kind of job in Edmonton. I hope other forum members will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the situation in Alberta was rather difficult even before the wildfire.