AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
"Not needed at this time" means that your BG check went to the next stage. "Not started" means your application has not been accessed by officer yet. "In progress" means your application is started and CIO is checking the provided docs. At this time your meds are passed, criminality/RCMP screening and biographic (if applicable) are in progress. When it changes to "not needed" it means your criminality is completed, RCMP and biographic is completed, security check and eligibility is in progress and coming soon. When your last BG check stage is going to be completed (security passed) it will go back to "in progress" (though it might never gonna change since now) and your secondary visa office will start the final decision based on eligibility. After short period of time you will get your results.

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Live2smile said:
"Not needed at this time" means that your BG check went to the next stage. "Not started" means your application has not been accessed by officer yet. "In progress" means your application is started and CIO is checking the provided docs. At this time your meds are passed, criminality/RCMP screening and biographic (if applicable) are in progress. When it changes to "not needed" it means your criminality is completed, RCMP and biographic is completed, security check and eligibility is in progress and coming soon. When your last BG check stage is going to be completed (security passed) it will go back to "in progress" (though it might never gonna change since now) and your secondary visa office will start the final decision based on eligibility. After short period of time you will get your results.
Yeah it actually makes sense, I agree with you.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Live2smile said:
Sound really reasonable...but may I ask if this is your theory or you have a source?

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
One_Topsy said:
Sound really reasonable...but may I ask if this is your theory or you have a source?
I judge by my GCMS notes. I reviewed my notes and compared the dates of BG check status change. The dates are matching one by one. I really doubt it is just a coincidence. They started my process on december 2nd and at this time my bg check went to in progress. They finished criminality and medicals and started security - same day when it turned to "not needed". Now I'm going to wait for the last stage and I am convinced that when they will finish security checks it will turn back to in progress. At this point after very short period of time people are getting their results (it does make sense too - the main part is done, there is only the final decision by secondary office remaining).

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Live2smile said:
They finished criminality and medicals and started security - same day when it turned to "not needed".
What is the difference between criminality and security?

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
nav0991 said:
Wondering, How many guys got PPR with November AOR ?
So far 19 ppr are counted. Here is the dpreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDdkSfcgmxLqg_g6tEBWRJMElm_yQsjw4bMLujVCIGs/htmlview?pli=1

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Liara said:
What is the difference between criminality and security?
Criminality check is simple and straight-forward. They check your police certificates, request RCMP screening and biographic. Doesn't take much time (less than month, mine took 2 weeks).
No one can give an exact information what exactly is included in security check. This is the main and the biggest part of BG check - Political, Social, Economical, Anti-Social disposition. This is a very time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, such as CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here: the number of countries visited, Prolonged stay in a country with or without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequency of traveling, your full history etc. If everything is simple & straight (SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM completed) the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', your case goes into a 'spin'. This is where a lot of people get stuck. The file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything. They can also call for an Interview at this stage, due to the reason.

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
duckirha said:
So far 19 ppr are counted. Here is the dpreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDdkSfcgmxLqg_g6tEBWRJMElm_yQsjw4bMLujVCIGs/htmlview?pli=1
Thanks Duckirha, Can you add my details to the sheet as well? Its in my signatures.

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Live2smile said:
Criminality check is simple and straight-forward. They check your police certificates, request RCMP screening and biographic. Doesn't take much time (less than month, mine took 2 weeks).
No one can give an exact information what exactly is included in security check. This is the main and the biggest part of BG check - Political, Social, Economical, Anti-Social disposition. This is a very time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, such as CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here: the number of countries visited, Prolonged stay in a country with or without sufficient documents to prove cause, frequency of traveling, your full history etc. If everything is simple & straight (SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM completed) the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', your case goes into a 'spin'. This is where a lot of people get stuck. The file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything. They can also call for an Interview at this stage, due to the reason.
Oh, thank you.
Do they really check with everybody's local police office? How do you know? :)

Upd. Right, it's on the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Live2smile said:
Hey Live2smile, My Bg Check went from 'not needed at this time' (at the time of submission of the application) to 'not started' on the same day that my medicals turned into passed. Could you elaborate on the 'not started' thing a bit? It's making me really paranoid! My timeline is as below:

ITA: 4th Dec
Online Docs submitted: 17th Dec
eAOR: 17th Dec
Meds done: upfront
Meds passed: 28th Dec
BG Check: 'not need at this time' to 'not started' on 28th Dec
Ghost Email: 31st Dec
RPRF: NOT paid upfront, waiting for request

No update since then.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Live2smile said:
What do you mean by database checking?

fdiwisha

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
RABAT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2015
AOR Received.
20/11/2015
Med's Done....
24/11/2015
nav0991 said:
Yeah, When did your BG status changed to Not needed?
It changed on the 4th of February. I hope it's a good sign.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Hi all. Nov 11th app submitted after ITA. No BG check started. Anybody else in my boat?

I see there is a spreadsheet here. I'll try to put my details in. :)

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
vdassani said:
Hey Live2smile, My Bg Check went from 'not needed at this time' (at the time of submission of the application) to 'not started' on the same day that my medicals turned into passed. Could you elaborate on the 'not started' thing a bit? It's making me really paranoid! My timeline is as below:

ITA: 4th Dec
Online Docs submitted: 17th Dec
eAOR: 17th Dec
Meds done: upfront
Meds passed: 28th Dec
BG Check: 'not need at this time' to 'not started' on 28th Dec
Ghost Email: 31st Dec
RPRF: NOT paid upfront, waiting for request

No update since then.
I bet it's the same thing and you passed criminality, since meds are done.

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Jaiveer Singh said:
What do you mean by database checking?
it's not me, it is information from Internet. I can assume database checking is FOSS and GCMS check