Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtoforum2 said:
Hey Jaiveer

Did you guys declared Flagpole on the US side? Or it was just entering to US and then returning back to Canada and then telling the officer that you are doing landing.
I didnt go to US side and i asked them the same question but they said "i am
Good" so i was like ok may be something different. What i heard so far that people go to US and they deny entry but i didnt

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Did they check Proof of funds?
Does the old bank certificate work which i gave for PR application?
I am PNP applicant so they dont check for PnP applicants but for safer side i had my account profile with me.

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Jaiveer Singh, do you need to have Canadian visa or having a valid work permit will be enouth to do that kind of flagpoling?

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Live2smile said:
thank you, how to get that COPR? After you get approved in your myCIC account, they will ask you to send your passport or something and send it back along with COPR, is that right? What do you have to send to CIC along with your passport then?
1. they will send an email - Request for passport
2. once u get that email
- take a print of that email
- Passport
- 2 photos (50 X 70 mm)
- One self addressed pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address (Standard size)

keep all the 4 in a big envelope and send it to CIC

3. when they stamp visa on ur passport at tht time ur CIC account will update saying "approved and closed"

4. They will return the standard size envelope (that u send to CIC with ur passport)
- Passport
- CoPR
- A letter with instructions/validity of PR

Hope this helps

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
kvr007 said:
1. they will send an email - Request for passport
2. once u get that email
- take a print of that email
- Passport
- 2 photos (50 X 70 mm)
- One self addressed pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address (Standard size)

keep all the 4 in a big envelope and send it to CIC

3. when they stamp visa on ur passport at tht time ur CIC account will update saying "approved and closed"

4. They will return the standard size envelope (that u send to CIC with ur passport)
- Passport
- CoPR
- A letter with instructions/validity of PR

Hope this helps
+ to you! This helps a lot, thanks! do I have to send this big envelope via Canada post? Just want to be fully prepared to send my docs right away =)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Live2smile said:
+ to you! This helps a lot, thanks! do I have to send this big envelope via Canada post? Just want to be fully prepared to send my docs right away =)
No. You can use any postal service. you PPR email will provide you with two addressed, one if you use Canada Post and the send if you don't. The only difference is that the former is a P.O. box number, whereas the second is a street address.

With regard to your return pre-paid envelope, make sure that the postal carrier you are using provides service to you destination. If you are in Canada, Canada Post is the way to go. If you are in the US, people have used FedEx. I personally used Canada Post. My application was approved this morning and I am waiting for the tracking number to activate.

Hope this answers your question.

Live2smile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2015
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Excellent, thanks for your help :)

bobzritz

Mar 22, 2016
Hi All,
As many of you in this forum would be knowing of my situation through my earlier post. Just to remind you all that our AOR is November 3rd. And we are in the FSW Outland Category. My wife is the Principal applicant and she is in India. I am included in the Application but as not accompanying given the reason that I am already a PR here. So her Medicals passed two days after the AOR and there was an utter silence until on March 28th I decided to order for the GCMS Notes before we hit the 5 months on April 3rd.
As legalfacon had stated that there could be a possibility of Officer picking up our file when we order our GCMS, we were totally surprised as the Background check went into progress on April 1st, 2016.
It gave us a hope that some movement is going on. We did not pay the RPRF upfront though. As you all know the GCMS notes takes atleast 30 days. But we were very surprised we got it today and that too within 15 days time period.
Given below is the brief notes summary from our GCMS notes::
Primary Office: CPC- Ottawa
ON Nov 7, 2015: 04:06:57
CIO Review by Support Service Agent.
Reviewed all documents and information contained in the File and sent for R10 review.
Nov 7, 2015: 06:32:16
CIO by Agent Review:
R10 ok. ECA Report verified and consistent. Age reviewed and no changes from ITA to e-APR
March 30, 2016: 07:56:20
Office CPC - OTTAWA
Recommendation: Recommend Passed.
Work experience: met as per Ministerial Instruction A11.2
FSW Points Met: 75
CRS points at ITA: 453 CRS Cut off: 450.
FOSS: Principal Applicant. No trace other than present application.
Family: Married since…... Marriage Certificate on File. Spouse became PR on ...../2014. NO indication of previous marriages/common law partners. No children indicated on File. Meds valid 3 months or more. PPT valid for 3 months or more.
AE: Applicant does not have arranged employment.
Occupation NOCXXXX. Submitted reference letter dated….. confirms pA is in declared occupation through the specified period and decribes duties which are consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set in selected NOC category.
Adaptability: Spouse is residing in Canada and holding PR Status.
Settlement Funds: Proof of Funds met as PA has approx. 16000 and Family of 1 requires CAD 11,931.

March 30, 2016: 07:57:50
Office CPC - OTTAWA
Outstanding RPRF; email sent to GXXXXXXXX for requesting.

As per 30 March 2016 :
Criminality and Security Not Started.
But Background Check went into progress on April 1st, 2016 and we got the Status Updated Email on April 4th 2016.
It also shows that next DUE DATE: 28/04/2015.
Is there any chance that there could be any movement before 28/04/2015. When should I order the next GCMS notes. I am thinking to order one on April 30, 2016.
Can anyone throw some light onto this?? I would highly appreciate. Legalfalcon, you were asking for my notes to advise more of my situation can you please state if everything is okay and what is the next stage probably we could expect?
Thanks in advance,
Bobzritz.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Live2smile said:
it totally depends on ur mailing address.

You need to use Canada Post only, if ur mailing address is in Canada.

As they clearly mentioned in that .." Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier"

they do have 2 mailing addresses,
- if ur mailing address is in Canada
- If ur mailing address is in USA (u can use FedEx or UPS)

canmac

Apr 13, 2016
Hi,
I am a new member to this forum. But I have visited this forum many times before whenever I wanted to understand any procedure or had some queries regarding my application.
I have hired a consultant/ lawyer to process my application for express entry. But I feel I have more knowledge about the procedure than him. Thanks to all the cumulative knowledge I gathered from all the contributing members of this forum.

Since I have no access to my profile/CIC account; I only have to be dependent on the snapshots he sends upon asking to know regarding any progress on my application.

Below is my timeline and status :
AOR : 02/11/15
Category : FSW Outland
Review of eligibility : In progress (Since beginning)
Review of medical results: Passed (Don't know when)
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: In progress (It wasn't until end of February. I came to know about it when I asked for status update last week, i.e on 07/04/2016)
Final decision: Not Started

Now from the above, I want to know that how long does it take usually to receive the PPR email, after the background check goes into progress?

I have observed people here receiving it anytime between the same to 2 days -7 days. Is this the recent trend as well??

rj_sag

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-12-2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
In best case usually after Background Check goes IN Progress you get PPR on same day and worst case maybe months as many of us in this forum are waiting for update after their Background Check went to IN Progress but I would say remain hopeful to have it by end of this week and having BC- In Progress is definitely positive sign.

Besides this, you mentioned that "I came to know about it when I asked for status update last week, i.e on 07/04/2016)" Did you ask to your lawyer about status update or CIC ? If CIC then how ?

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
You might get your PPR before then as due date does not really matter. Due date on my GCMS note was December 2016 and I got PPR on APril 7th.

bobzritz said:
But Background Check went into progress on April 1st, 2016 and we got the Status Updated Email on April 4th 2016.
It also shows that next DUE DATE: 28/04/2015.
Is there any chance that there could be any movement before 28/04/2015. When should I order the next GCMS notes. I am thinking to order one on April 30, 2016.
Can anyone throw some light onto this?? I would highly appreciate. Legalfalcon, you were asking for my notes to advise more of my situation can you please state if everything is okay and what is the next stage probably we could expect?
Thanks in advance,
Bobzritz.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear Friends

I received my RPRF request on 11th april 2016, against which I deposited the required amount for two of us (me and my wife) few mins back. I also uploaded the "official receipt" issued to me by CIC. my status is my cic is as follows:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
A background check is needed: Not Started

Now do I need to inform CIC separately that RPRF has been paid?

What action is required from my end after doing this?

Regards

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
rollingpunjab said:
Dear Friends

I received my RPRF request on 11th april 2016, against which I deposited the required amount for two of us (me and my wife) few mins back. I also uploaded the "official receipt" issued to me by CIC. my status is my cic is as follows:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
A background check is needed: Not Started

Now do I need to inform CIC separately that RPRF has been paid?

What action is required from my end after doing this?

Regards
I don't think so. Your additional documents' status is "Provided", so I believe you're okay.

So... I got an update the day before yesterday, then a ghost update and a ghost email yesterday, and today my BG is in progress.
After 4.5 months of my application being dormant (more like catatonic), my head is spinning with this speed!

canmac

Apr 13, 2016
rj_sag said:
In best case usually after Background Check goes IN Progress you get PPR on same day and worst case maybe months as many of us in this forum are waiting for update after their Background Check went to IN Progress but I would say remain hopeful to have it by end of this week and having BC- In Progress is definitely positive sign.

Besides this, you mentioned that "I came to know about it when I asked for status update last week, i.e on 07/04/2016)" Did you ask to your lawyer about status update or CIC ? If CIC then how ?
No.. it was from my lawyer and not from CIC..
As u said, I am hopeful on receiving the PPR email by this week.. and I hope everyone else here receives it too!! (fingers crossed)