AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
johnny123 said:
Security check on-going?
yep, eligibility, medical and criminality: all passed. security check is on going since July, no updates since then: GCMS notes say the same thing, in fact it says due date Dec 10, 2016 which has passed. mind you the notes i ordered were before this date, so maybe they've updated this date as well. and no, i don't have a complex or a lot of travel history, neither is my job or has been military or government related. medical expires exactly one month form now as well, no communication from IRCC on that front either. no idea what these guys are playing at. thinking of Ottawa up in the next few dates again to get an update; maybe they'll let me know what the new due date on my file is now. doubt if i can get that specific an answer

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
I am probably going to order another set of notes again! The last time I ordered notes, I received an additional document request :\

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
I am probably going to order another set of notes again! The last time I ordered notes, I received an additional document request :\
I also ordered last week. I noticed that you can also use the same process to order csis and cbsa notes. Instead of selecting CIC from the list, just select cbsa or csis and then you will need to download and fill their consent forms, pay fee etc...

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
i have actually spoken and contacted some reputable immigration lawyers (perks of having friends that are lawyers) and they have all strictly advised me not to raise a CSIS request. they insist that the CSIS has nothing to do with your security check (unless you are deemed high risk by the authorities). Most of the security and background check is conducted by the RCMP, local police in addition to the police certificates and the local law agencies of places/countries you have lived or visited. Having the CSIS look into your profile is unnecessarily drawing attention to yourself and can in fact cause further delays.

now I know there are members on this forum who have actually requested CSIS checks and this has not necessarily impacted their application outcomes but i though it was interesting that the immigration lawyers have all recommended me to not to do such a thing.

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
mubzali said:
i have actually spoken and contacted some reputable immigration lawyers (perks of having friends that are lawyers) and they have all strictly advised me not to raise a CSIS request. they insist that the CSIS has nothing to do with your security check (unless you are deemed high risk by the authorities). Most of the security and background check is conducted by the RCMP, local police in addition to the police certificates and the local law agencies of places/countries you have lived or visited. Having the CSIS look into your profile is unnecessarily drawing attention to yourself and can in fact cause further delays.

now I know there are members on this forum who have actually requested CSIS checks and this has not necessarily impacted their application outcomes but i though it was interesting that the immigration lawyers have all recommended me to not to do such a thing.
Well erm I have done that already. I read some cases where csis have responded to ppl saying that their checks are done. Anyway did they mention what else we can do? I am prepared to pay lawyers if they can help!
Most people who are getting gcms notes have informed that they see no activity in their file. So how do we find out what is going on?
Simply being asked to wait is not fair

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Guys! Do not panic when you see this word: "CSIS"!

It's CSIS's job to screen immigration applications and provide security advice to IRCC. If your background is clear and you have not been a member of organizations which are known as threats to Canada's national security, there is not anything to be scared about. It's just a matter of time and you will get your golden emails some day very soon.

I had my husband's military record on the application. I sent two faxes to CSIS and inquired about the result of our security checks. First time the replied that our case was still under process in CSIS and the second time they told me that they had sent the result to IRCC. One month after the delivery of CSIS's result to IRCC I got the PPR. During this whole time I was tracking my application, I ordered three GCMS notes, raised many CSEs and sent many emails to inquire about the status of my application. I did not see anything scary about IRCC or its partners. They just help officers to make decision about applicants' admissibility to Canada.

To help you feel better about sending requests to CSIS I have searched and found some security screening report which was presented by CBSA:

It says:

"Only a small number of applicants who were referred to security partners were identified as likely inadmissible in 2010"!

See the exact numbers in the link below:

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html

Friends! Hang in there, you will all get your PPRs soon.

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Fatemeh Njm said:
Guys! Do not panic when you see this word: "CSIS"!

It's CSIS's job to screen immigration applications and provide security advice to IRCC. If your background is clear and you have not been a member of organizations which are known as threats to Canada's national security, there is not anything to be scared about. It's just a matter of time and you will get your golden emails some day very soon.

I had my husband's military record on the application. I sent two faxes to CSIS and inquired about the result of our security checks. First time the replied that our case was still under process in CSIS and the second time they told me that they had sent the result to IRCC. One month after the delivery of CSIS's result to IRCC I got the PPR. During this whole time I was tracking my application, I ordered three GCMS notes, raised many CSEs and sent many emails to inquire about the status of my application. I did not see anything scary about IRCC or its partners. They just help officers to make decision about applicants' admissibility to Canada.

To help you feel better about sending requests to CSIS I have searched and found some security screening report which was presented by CBSA:

It says:

"Only a small number of applicants who were referred to security partners were identified as likely inadmissible in 2010"!

See the exact numbers in the link below:

http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html

Friends! Hang in there, you will all get your PPRs soon.
Thanks for staying up here and for the link although the timescales mentioned in that link appear to be galactic :s

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody.
I am still waiting my ppr but nothing response.
Medical is already expired.

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
just hit the 10 month mark earlier this week. medicals expiring in 3 weeks. haven't heard anything from IRCC. there's still a good 25+ people from the March AOR's mostly in the FSW Outland category still waiting. what are these guys doing...

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
just called IRCC to get an update on where my file was at; came across a really cool bloke who could tell i was intricately knowledgeable about my file since I had studied the GCMS notes inside out. he was very helpful, put me on hold after asking the routine verification questions and when he returned on the line he told me not to worry about anything and that my file was looking in very good shape and that my BACKGROUND CHECK had been completed and that my application was now in the final review stage. i had to ask him twice to make sure i heard him correctly that my background check was now complete. they are valid for 3 years apparently and are set to expire Jan 16, 2019 so backtracking it he said it looked like my background check was completed/done on Jan 16 a few days ago.

he also said that given the types of cases/profiles/applications he has seen, everything was looking very good for me and that even though he couldn't tell me how long the final review stage takes, it wouldn't be long now and that I should expect to hear from them very soon. when i asked him i was a bit concerned about my medicals expiring on Feb 22 next month, he was like don't worry they've already been extended until December for you but that was before your background check was completed so just sit tight and it should come soon.

i think i am even more nervous now; could next week be it...i am really hoping it is. and that all of us waiting from the March group hear something next week now!

bratsche

Dec 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
I got my PPR the day after I got a pretty much identical set of answers on the phone to cic. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

mubzali said:
just called IRCC to get an update on where my file was at; came across a really cool bloke who could tell i was intricately knowledgeable about my file since I had studied the GCMS notes inside out. he was very helpful, put me on hold after asking the routine verification questions and when he returned on the line he told me not to worry about anything and that my file was looking in very good shape and that my BACKGROUND CHECK had been completed and that my application was now in the final review stage. i had to ask him twice to make sure i heard him correctly that my background check was now complete. they are valid for 3 years apparently and are set to expire Jan 16, 2019 so backtracking it he said it looked like my background check was completed/done on Jan 16 a few days ago.

he also said that given the types of cases/profiles/applications he has seen, everything was looking very good for me and that even though he couldn't tell me how long the final review stage takes, it wouldn't be long now and that I should expect to hear from them very soon. when i asked him i was a bit concerned about my medicals expiring on Feb 22 next month, he was like don't worry they've already been extended until December for you but that was before your background check was completed so just sit tight and it should come soon.

i think i am even more nervous now; could next week be it...i am really hoping it is. and that all of us waiting from the March group hear something next week now!

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
bratsche said:
I got my PPR the day after I got a pretty much identical set of answers on the phone to cic. Keeping fingers crossed for you!
Thanks. How long did it take you to get back your passport?

bratsche

Dec 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
mubzali said:
Thanks. How long did it take you to get back your passport?
From the day they got my documents, it took 8 days before the app was closed and approved and the tracker for the return envelope was activated. Total was 12 calendar days from the time they received my materials to getting the COPR in the mailbox.