10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
adilkhan31 said:
You are not alone buddy. I am also NDVO applicant (though residing outside India) waiting for PPR
Yeah. I meant residing in India. Perhaps you guys should have received it earlier since your checks would have been local.

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Piyush and other fellow March AOR folks still waiting - I hope you will get PPRs this month before year-end. All the Best!

Received my passport back from NDVO today. It is a huge relief and I hope you will experience it very soon as well.

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Did you call the IRCC call centre. They should help you since your file is available to them.
In case you didn't get help from one operator call the next day and hope for someone helpful to give information.
I called atleast 10 times since October end...

They say criminality. Medicals, eligibility. Background complete..

We don't require any information from you..

Your file is in queue for final review and you will be the first to know when it processes... It's been 1.5 months of waiting hearing the same thing again and again...

Yesterday completed 8 months

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mokshshil said:
I called atleast 10 times since October end...

They say criminality. Medicals, eligibility. Background complete..

We don't require any information from you..

Your file is in queue for final review and you will be the first to know when it processes... It's been 1.5 months of waiting hearing the same thing again and again...

Yesterday completed 8 months
Evn i am having bgio since 21st november. My file is in ndvo and aor 11th april fswo.

Before it use to take as week to get ppr once you get bgip. Now i dont understand why is it delayed. Any idea guys....its geting stressful now.

keviniswaiting

Nov 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
Nomination.....
Didnt need nomination
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
08-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-08-2016 (2nd Medical)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Contacted the CIC, reply was your application in progress and we will contact blah blah...

gonna be 10 months since AOR...

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
Fatemeh Njm said:
folks! I just received CSIS's answer to my inquiry about our security screening. The result was sent to CIC on November 18. Don't know how much I have to wait after this. BTW, my husband served mandatory military.
so technically your background and security check was just submitted 2 weeks ago. at least now you know they've finished doing it and when they finished it. hopefully things will move for you now. i've been debating whether to fax a request to CSIS as well but then just ordered my GCMS notes a week ago; guess i might as well wait for those first.

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
mubzali said:
so technically your background and security check was just submitted 2 weeks ago. at least now you know they've finished doing it and when they finished it. hopefully things will move for you now. i've been debating whether to fax a request to CSIS as well but then just ordered my GCMS notes a week ago; guess i might as well wait for those first.
Hi,

Ordering GCMS notes is good but at this stage you won't get that much information from them because security information is blacked out in notes.There is no harm in sending a fax to CSIS and inquiring about your immigration screening. If you include a Canadian address as the return mailing address, you will know about it very soon, normally in 2-3 weeks.

Good Luck ;)

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
Fatemeh Njm said:
Hi,

Ordering GCMS notes is good but at this stage you won't get that much information from them because security information is blacked out in notes.There is no harm in sending a fax to CSIS and inquiring about your immigration screening. If you include a Canadian address as the return mailing address, you will know about it very soon, normally in 2-3 weeks.

Good Luck ;)
yeah that's why i had never planned to actually order GCMS notes once I knew my background check had started after the 5 month mark, because i know it wouldn't tell me much but still just for the sake of it i suppose i ordered them last week. how else do i kill time you know? lol - might as well send out that fax to CSIS as well.

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
i have a question on an unrelated topic: Canadian Citizenship

I was a student in Canada from Sep 2005 - Nov 2009 (4 years)
Between Aug 2009 - Aug 2012 I was on a post graduate work permit (3 years)
From Aug 2012 - Nov 2014 I was there on a Visitors Record (2 years)

It's a long story as to why I did not apply or get my PR back then, but my question is: say I get my PR in the coming months, for simplicity sake and timeline say Jan 2017. Would any of my time above count towards the citizenship requirement of 4 out of last 6 years? Did international students not have 50% of their time count towards this requirement? Or is that only applicable if I had applied under the CEC stream? I know bill C-24 had made a lot of changes and the Liberal government has introduced quite a few amendments to that - any idea of where things are on this? I have a weird feeling my time as a student and worker won't count towards the citizenship requirement now...anyone got any thoughts on this matter?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
mubzali said:
i have a question on an unrelated topic: Canadian Citizenship

I was a student in Canada from Sep 2005 - Nov 2009 (4 years)
Between Aug 2009 - Aug 2012 I was on a post graduate work permit (3 years)
From Aug 2012 - Nov 2014 I was there on a Visitors Record (2 years)

It's a long story as to why I did not apply or get my PR back then, but my question is: say I get my PR in the coming months, for simplicity sake and timeline say Jan 2017. Would any of my time above count towards the citizenship requirement of 4 out of last 6 years? Did international students not have 50% of their time count towards this requirement? Or is that only applicable if I had applied under the CEC stream? I know bill C-24 had made a lot of changes and the Liberal government has introduced quite a few amendments to that - any idea of where things are on this? I have a weird feeling my time as a student and worker won't count towards the citizenship requirement now...anyone got any thoughts on this matter?
As far as I know, it's only the years you spend as a resident that count towards citizenship, but I do know there have been a few amendments in immigration laws, so you'd better check them.

I also have an off topic question.

What happens when you get admitted to a school, get a study visa and then for some reason not make it to your program on time, apply to a new program and get admission, but this time the length of your studies is a bit beyond the date you had stated as the end of your studies when you first got the visa. Can you come to a Canadian border to get a study permit with an expiry date corresponding to the study visa you had initially obtained when you applied to the first school and then apply for an extension once you're in Canada, or can you not get a study permit at the border at all because the length of studies stated in the acceptance letter of the second school exceeds the expiry date on your study visa by a few months. Might sound complicated but do you have any idea in which direction one should go in this case? Applying to CIC for a new visa will take too long plus you already have a valid study visa. Any suggestions?

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
Called CIC yesterday and asked them about my medical, which has stuck in NN for three weeks, and the result of my security check. The agent was so helpful but did not have update information about my BG. He said my medical had been extended till Nov. 24, 2017 (was valid until Feb. 7, 2017), and my security check was not over. I told him that I had received a letter from CSIS stating it had completed its review and sent the result to IRCC on Nov. 18, 2016.

He said: "Then they have not updated this information on computer and everything depends on how quickly they act and work on your file. So I cannot give you a date on which they will notify you of a final decision!!!!!!!!!!!!"

With everything ready and on file they do not know when they are going to finalize our cases? :eek:

bratsche

Dec 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
I called and was told that our medicals have been extended to next Nov also (they would have expired in Jan). When I check my account online it still says in progress though. No further news on the bg check, though my call centre guy was careful to emphasize that sometimes things don't get updated on the file that they have access to.

We are at 9 months today. Really frustrating to keep waiting and waiting with no timeline. I never thought that of all things it would be the security check that's holding us back. We're SO NOT security threats to anything.

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
elmas said:
As far as I know, it's only the years you spend as a resident that count towards citizenship, but I do know there have been a few amendments in immigration laws, so you'd better check them.

I also have an off topic question.

What happens when you get admitted to a school, get a study visa and then for some reason not make it to your program on time, apply to a new program and get admission, but this time the length of your studies is a bit beyond the date you had stated as the end of your studies when you first got the visa. Can you come to a Canadian border to get a study permit with an expiry date corresponding to the study visa you had initially obtained when you applied to the first school and then apply for an extension once you're in Canada, or can you not get a study permit at the border at all because the length of studies stated in the acceptance letter of the second school exceeds the expiry date on your study visa by a few months. Might sound complicated but do you have any idea in which direction one should go in this case? Applying to CIC for a new visa will take too long plus you already have a valid study visa. Any suggestions?

I'd probably apply from within the country for an extension and not at the border. It's too risky and I doubt you will get the visa extension at the border. I had a similar if not exact situation back in 2009 where I had to apply for an additional 4 months of study visa and I did so letting them know the reason thereof.

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
Fatemeh Njm said:
Called CIC yesterday and asked them about my medical, which has stuck in NN for three weeks, and the result of my security check. The agent was so helpful but did not have update information about my BG. He said my medical had been extended till Nov. 24, 2017 (was valid until Feb. 7, 2017), and my security check was not over. I told him that I had received a letter from CSIS stating it had completed its review and sent the result to IRCC on Nov. 18, 2016.

He said: "Then they have not updated this information on computer and everything depends on how quickly they act and work on your file. So I cannot give you a date on which they will notify you of a final decision!!!!!!!!!!!!"

With everything ready and on file they do not know when they are going to finalize our cases? :eek:
CSIS is not the only security agency that might be working on your BG and security clearance though right? There are local agencies involved as well from places and countries where you may have lived. CSIS having submitted their review does not necessarily equate to having security and background checks completed. at least that's what my understanding has been throughout.

Having your medicals extended to Nov. 24 shouldn't freak anyone out. The extension is done and requested automatically for another year; doesn't mean you'll be waiting that long though!

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
I don't wanna be biased about this process but I believe they pick candidates randomly and send their application to CSIS for security screening in search for national threats, scams, and frauds. This picking and choosing hurt March AORs most because there are still many applications from March waiting between 8 to 9 months and haven't been finalized yet. This can also be seen by looking at the number of pages of "AOR in March 2016" thread (473 pages, more than any other AOR's pages on the forum) LOL!!!!

The grimmer reality is that when applications go beyond six months time frame it isn't their priority anymore to finalize them. Thus, even after they get CSIS's report about our applications, we have to wait for due dates and for the officer to review our files and issue a final decision.

So, even though CSIS's report about my immigration screening was received at IRCC on November 18th, 2016, I must wait for a due date to come. If I am lucky enough, and the due date is anytime near November 18th in future and the file is ready, I will be informed about a final decision soon. Otherwise I have to wait more. So imagine what happens when the officer decides that still more checks should be done to complete the BG check, I'm trapped in this vicious circle until the officer is satisfied with my BG check. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!