8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Mokshshil said:
Dear all,

I am FSW Outland
AOR 30th March, 2016
BG in progress since 16th August, 2016
Call centre agent said all seems fine...
VO ottawa office

I mailed them requesting the status of my application

I got a reply,

Dear applicant,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for final review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

Can you please help me decipher it?

Anyone from this thread or any other thread got such reply and then what happened?

I hope all is fine

Its been 7.5 months now...

Praying with each passing minutes for everyone of us in March forum...

Hope we all receive the PPR mail soon

Godspeed...
@Mokshshil I am March 25th AOR CEC inland, was given similar response as yours. I tried every possible ways of knowing the actual status and hit the wall. As per the GCMS notes I suppose to have an update on 26th November and hoping to hear some good news.

AJ

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
ajanarth said:
@Mokshshil I am March 25th AOR CEC inland, was given similar response as yours. I tried every possible ways of knowing the actual status and hit the wall. As per the GCMS notes I suppose to have an update on 26th November and hoping to hear some good news.

AJ
Not to discourage you, my notes said I should've had an update on September 9.

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
ajanarth said:

AJ
hope you get ppr even before that

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Mokshshil said:
hope you get ppr even before that
I am really desparate for the PPR...

Alina.Taranenko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
I've got reply on my email and not sure what my VO is. Earlier I was told that my file transfered to my local VO ad now they write that it is in Ottawa. Letter from Ottawa below

"Our office confirms that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

AleksandrR

Nov 27, 2015
Alina.Taranenko said:
I've got reply on my email and not sure what my VO is. Earlier I was told that my file transfered to my local VO ad now they write that it is in Ottawa. Letter from Ottawa below

"Our office confirms that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.
Alina, privet

I have a very similar response. In my cases it states "Our office confirms that your application is at our office. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization..."

My AOR is in April though...

Let's hope to get the final decision asap. :)

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navi89 said:
Hi all

I have been a silent observer on this portal and your updates have been really helpful.

Last night I got golden email -PPR ;D ;D

here is my timeline

AOR -4 march
Catagory - FSW inland
Visa office - NDVO
BG IN PROGRESS - 23 Aug
PPR - 14 nov

hope you all get this soon .... good luck!!
Congratulations Navi89

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
I just called CIC and was told bg checks are not complete yet. I was hoping to hear bg was complete and that I was just waiting for the final decision.

How long, how long do I have to wait?

This is painful.

Bibsrio

Mar 21, 2015
Hi Guys! Finally PPR!!! They sent the email requesting the passports yesterday.
My VO is Ottawa, but I have to mail the passports to São Paulo.

AOR 29th March /FSW /Outland/ with LMIA

Thanks for your support.
Good Luck!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Remaining applicants = 38

Username INLAND / OUTLAND AOR date Category VO Additional Info
rahul061INLAND29th FebruaryCECOttawa
naseryasINLAND12th MarchCECOttawa
Gwap2INLAND16th MarchCECOttawa
KimJoWanINLAND17th MarchCECOttawa
ajarnathINLAND25th MarchCECOttawa
Karl56INLAND31st MarchCECOttawa
linandzouINLAND2nd MarchFSWHong Kong
bratscheINLAND4th MarchFSWOttawa
Mac-KenzieINLAND19th MarchFSWOttawa
kashm1111INLAND31st MarchFSWOttawa
Raz711INLAND22nd MarchPNPOttawa
YankabatkayOUTLAND27th FebruaryFSWOttawa
SiyavashOUTLAND2nd MarchFSWOttawa
LahoriaOUTLAND3rd MarchFSW
GraciekayOUTLAND3rd MarchFSWPretoria
AlirezaOUTLAND4th MarchFSWOttawa
ElmasOUTLAND4th MarchFSWOttawa
SttaqOUTLAND5th MarchFSWOttawa
Mian mianOUTLAND5th MarchFSW
Fatemeh NjmOUTLAND7th MarchFSWOttawa
BehroozOUTLAND8th MarchFSWOttawa
vfonteOUTLAND14th MarchFSWSao Paulo
PiyushAgrawal06121985OUTLAND16th MarchFSWNDVO
Shilpa.PahwaOUTLAND17th MarchFSWNDVO
SepidehOUTLAND17th MarchFSWOttawa
MohammadOUTLAND17th MarchFSWOttawa
MkadnanOUTLAND20th MarchFSWLondon
adiklhan31OUTLAND20th March FSWNDVO
MubzaliOUTLAND22nd MarchFSWOttawa
tayca10OUTLAND30th MarchFSWLondon
MokshshilOUTLAND30th MarchFSWOttawa
Alina.TaranenkoOUTLAND10th MarchPNPKiev
shana_kabirOUTLAND7th FebruaryPNP
EdilsonjrOUTLAND29th MarchPNPSao Paulo
ajanoniOUTLAND17th MarchPNPSao Paulo
Basmabooboo27th FebruaryPNPOttawa
lbrambilla20th JanuaryPNPSão Paulo
Neo_says6th February

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bibsrio said:
Hi Guys! Finally PPR!!! They sent the email requesting the passports yesterday.
My VO is Ottawa, but I have to mail the passports to São Paulo.

AOR 29th March /FSW /Outland/ with LMIA

Thanks for your support.
Good Luck!
Congratulations Bibsrio

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Dear Team,

What do you suggest shall I apply fr gcms notes after 7.5 months or just wait..

I am based out in India... I hve a friend who resides in Canada s PR.

If she wants to access my information GCMS notes apart fr the consent form and other details... What shuld she select?

Under privacy act or right to information act?.

Kindly advise.

Cause when I browsed thru other threads I m getting mix responses...

1st response: You need to pay $5 when you request information under Information Act, but you don't need to pay when you request information under Privacy act. The information you're getting in both cases is the same. The difference is that under Privacy act you can request information on yorself or other individuals only (if they signed written consent) but not information on corporations, organizations, etc.

Counter response:Nope. Under privacy act you can only request information about yourself. However if you're requesting information on someone else's behalf then you'll have to request under access to information act. You can also request for information for yourself under access to information act. This is how cic differentiates both below:

PRIVACY ACT
Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.
There are no fees charged for request made under the Privacy Act.
The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.

ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT

All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.

The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00 and processing fees may also be charged under some circumstances.

The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Kindly advise please from your experiences

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mokshshil said:
Dear Team,

What do you suggest shall I apply fr gcms notes after 7.5 months or just wait..

I am based out in India... I hve a friend who resides in Canada s PR.

If she wants to access my information GCMS notes apart fr the consent form and other details... What shuld she select?

Under privacy act or right to information act?.

Kindly advise.

Cause when I browsed thru other threads I m getting mix responses...

1st response: You need to pay $5 when you request information under Information Act, but you don't need to pay when you request information under Privacy act. The information you're getting in both cases is the same. The difference is that under Privacy act you can request information on yorself or other individuals only (if they signed written consent) but not information on corporations, organizations, etc.

Counter response:Nope. Under privacy act you can only request information about yourself. However if you're requesting information on someone else's behalf then you'll have to request under access to information act. You can also request for information for yourself under access to information act. This is how cic differentiates both below:

PRIVACY ACT
The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.

ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT

All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.

The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00 and processing fees may also be charged under some circumstances.

The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Kindly advise please from your experiences
Your friend can begin here --- > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

She has to include this form - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Yes, since it has been 1.5 months over the "normal" processing time, I would suggest you to order notes and see what is going on with your application!

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Your friend can begin here --- > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

She has to include this form - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Yes, since it has been 1.5 months over the "normal" processing time, I would suggest you to order notes and see what is going on with your application!
bt den wat to select in the form

Privacy act or

Right to information act?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Mokshshil said:
PRIVACY ACT

Your answer is right there. I don't think you need to ponder over this. You are not a Canadian citizen or a PR, therefore, your info must be requested under Access to Information Act.