Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
messiry said:
Guys , I ordered GCMS to a Canadian address last week ? How long should it take for them to receive the notes ?
30 days (depends on the website you ordered from too).

Reactions: Adanac11

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Cofca said:
My background check changed from 'not started' to 'not needed at this time'. What could that mean?
Probably r10 completed.

Reactions: Adanac11

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Olivia82 said:
My Medicals have just gone from passed to in progress is this a good sigh? I'm
CEC inland AOR 7th March
yes same as mine,It is good that they are now processing our application!It will be still be a long wait as there is much that they will go over in details,now our BG check should changed to not needed at this time and finally it should be changed again in progress than it is the sign of PPR......God Luck bro

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi,

I am after some help and advice from any of you experts out there. I originally arrived in Canada (Alberta) on a 3 year TFWP which was obtained via ICT-Specialized knowledge, which is LMIA exempt. Earlier this year I extended the TFWP for a further 2 years on the same basis.

I have applied for Permanent Residence via CEC (Inland) and using Express Entry. In order to gain 600 points through Express Entry I successfully obtained a LMIA. As I was already in Canada working I had to effectively reapply for my job to qualify for the LMIA.

Like many people I am now patiently waiting following the submission of my Permanent Residence application in March. All seems normal thus far!

My employer has a promotion opportunity that has come up which would mean a change in job role and location - although still in Alberta. My questions are:

(1) Can I change my TFWP to a different location and job title to reflect the promotion change while waiting for PR? I would be with the same employer just for clarity.
(2) Would the above negatively impact my Permanent Residence application?
(3) Instead if I waited until I received Permanent Residence (most likely option) before I accepted the promotion, then would I be free to move within the company to the new role and location? My understanding is that I would be free to move, but my employer (legal dept) is suggesting because my LMIA is based on my current role, that I should stay in my existing role for at least a further 6 months - any thoughts? Seems odd that there would be a restriction once Permanent Residence has been granted?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated - particularly on question (3).

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
smoggie said:
Hi,

I am after some help and advice from any of you experts out there. I originally arrived in Canada (Alberta) on a 3 year TFWP which was obtained via ICT-Specialized knowledge, which is LMIA exempt. Earlier this year I extended the TFWP for a further 2 years on the same basis.

I have applied for Permanent Residence via CEC (Inland) and using Express Entry. In order to gain 600 points through Express Entry I successfully obtained a LMIA. As I was already in Canada working I had to effectively reapply for my job to qualify for the LMIA.

Like many people I am now patiently waiting following the submission of my Permanent Residence application in March. All seems normal thus far!

My employer has a promotion opportunity that has come up which would mean a change in job role and location - although still in Alberta. My questions are:

(1) Can I change my TFWP to a different location and job title to reflect the promotion change while waiting for PR? I would be with the same employer just for clarity.
(3) Instead if I waited until I received Permanent Residence (most likely option) before I accepted the promotion, then would I be free to move within the company to the new role and location? My understanding is that I would be free to move, but my employer (legal dept) is suggesting because my LMIA is based on my current role, that I should stay in my existing role for at least a further 6 months - any thoughts? Seems odd that there would be a restriction once Permanent Residence has been granted?

In my opinion , once you get your PR you are free to live and work anywhere (see charter rights) however if your employer is suggesting to stick to the existing role I'd suggest you do that- senior can advise you on what complexities can occur in the future? If any..

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on June 4 and later realised that I missed submitting IQAS (ECA) certificate.
I provided that via CSE.
Do you think submitting a CSE delays an application?

Also, I believe we are not asked to provide IELTS language document as per the document checklist. Should we be uploading it anyways or send by CSE? I read on some forums that CIC may reject/request ECA and IELTS documents if they wish.

Regards,
Aditya

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olivia82 said:
CEC inland AOR 7th March

its not normal to get your medical changed from passed to in progress, most likely they find something wrong with your medical, they might ask you to redo your medical, but you should order gcms notes asap to look into in and act accordingly. ;)

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Olivia82 said:
CEC inland AOR 7th March
It happened in the past to few people. It will go back to passed. Dont worry. The updates are not accurate.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smoggie said:
Hi,

service canada has given you 600 points for lmia for a that particular position, so if you change your position your job offer/lmia becomes invalid, and you loose your 600 points.
so don't change your position unless you get you pr
hope this helps. cheers

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Thanks Honeyaustin! I completely agree with what you say about not moving positions until I have PR. I intend to wait until PR has been granted.

I guess the bit that still has me confused is the suggestion by our company legal department that I should remain in my existing position even after PR is granted. This seems in contradiction of Section 6, Mobility Rights within the Charter of Rights which covers Permanent Residence status. Basically section 6 allows free movement of anyone granted PR.

What would be the legal basis or interpretation that would lead to someone suggesting that Section 6 could be superseded?

Thanks again.

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Eye in the sky said:
In my opinion , once you get your PR you are free to live and work anywhere (see charter rights) however if your employer is suggesting to stick to the existing role I'd suggest you do that- senior can advise you on what complexities can occur in the future? If any..
Thank you so much Eye in The Sky, particularly grateful for pointing me towards Charter of Rights. That has been most helpful.

Cheers

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smoggie said:
Thanks Honeyaustin! I completely agree with what you say about not moving positions until I have PR. I intend to wait until PR has been granted.

I guess the bit that still has me confused is the suggestion by our company legal department that I should remain in my existing position even after PR is granted. This seems in contradiction of Section 6, Mobility Rights within the Charter of Rights which covers Permanent Residence status. Basically section 6 allows free movement of anyone granted PR.

What would be the legal basis or interpretation that would lead to someone suggesting that Section 6 could be superseded?

Thanks again.

my suggestion is that you should work atleast 1 month in same position after pr and than you can do whatever you want, you can even quit the company if want ;)

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Honeyaustin said:
my suggestion is that you should work atleast 1 month in same position after pr and than you can do whatever you want, you can even quit the company if want ;)
Thanks Honeyaustin. Interestingly that is what the lawyer is now suggesting. They also suggested to only start interviews after PR is granted, therefore no intention to move before PR.

Now if someone can just approve my PR already, that would work very nicely! :)

Good luck to all those waiting!