+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

Sharma786

Jan 2, 2017
try to ring them . some times they won't reveal everything in email. u might get general format of their email ..

you app is processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Ok thanks for your advice Kartik would ring them today for sure ... do you have any idea what could be the maximum cap for using PPR once BG is in Progress !!! Mine changed on 23rd May and still no news which is sounding normal if I see 180 days gap and sounding abnormal when I read in forum that PPR should come in 7-10 days

Sharma786

Jan 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

Finally I got my PPR today through my CIC online instead of email. It has been 129 days for my CEC application and I do have a very long long travel history which may be the main reason of delay.

My timeline:
CEC inland
AOR: Jan 30th, 2017
Eligibility passed in late April.
Background check still in IP(1), didn't goes to NA or IP(2).
I called CIC on Monday June 5, agent told me it was still under final decision.

However, I have an urgent issue need opinion from you guys..
I was physically in Canada when I submitted my application, but since my previous working permit has expired by the time I sent my application, I had both my home country and a Canadian address on file. Currently I am living in Canada with a valid visitor's visa. I had called CIC for multiple times during the process of my application, and they confirmed that my primary address in my profile is my Canadian address. But the Passport Request letter still asked me to send my passport to my home country visa office. In this case, may I and how could I request to send my passport to Ottawa office instead?

Thank you!
You didn't receive PPR in email ??

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Same situation with me as well. BG became Ip on 22nd May and till date no email. Do you have any travel history as in forum many has advised that could be the reason for delay in issuing PPR ??
No, I don't have much of a travel history but I feel that the request for Schedule A was on account of how a lot of my academic/work timelines were significantly overlapping. I submitted a Letter of Explanation this time explaining what was going on.

Sharma786

Jan 2, 2017
No, I don't have much of a travel history but I feel that the request for Schedule A was on account of how a lot of my academic/work timelines were significantly overlapping. I submitted a Letter of Explanation this time explaining what was going on.
Okay hope it's get sort out and you get PPR anytime from now wish you luck.... I got a declared travel history so might be that's taking time rest other I didn't get any additional request so far ....

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Okay hope it's get sort out and you get PPR anytime from now wish you luck.... I got a declared travel history so might be that's taking time rest other I didn't get any additional request so far ....
Hi sharma786,

Did you received am email in your gmail or yahoo account when they asked to provide travel history or say when they asked you for additional docs ?? Also what kind of travel history did u had?

anandunics

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Category........
Guys, if an applications BG is IP , can we presume that eligibility is done?

As per GCMS , i see ,
Meds - Passed
Criminality - Passed.
Security - Not Started

Last edited:

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
Ok thanks for your advice Kartik would ring them today for sure ... do you have any idea what could be the maximum cap for using PPR once BG is in Progress !!! Mine changed on 23rd May and still no news which is sounding normal if I see 180 days gap and sounding abnormal when I read in forum that PPR should come in 7-10 days
please update this thread on outcome of the call. I have a similar issue. BG in progress for 15 days and still counting:rolleyes::)

PR8701

Mar 27, 2017
Hi guys,
Have there been cases where someone received PPR and is unable to submit passport within the 30 days period? I'm unable to submit my passport as my wife traveled and won't return until 5weeks time. Sent a mail to my VO (Pretoria VO) 5 days ago, but no response. Not sure what to do

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
I have already resigned as I have two months notice period to serve. My BG hasn't come to IP yet. Going by trends I should get my PPR by 16th June and I intend to fly by August 1st. So planning is very critical. Kids school starts in September in Canada so that is top priority for me.
Yes.... Mine is 3 months so more wait. Even i m thinking of the same. Hope golden mail comes soon !!!

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Got a response from Ottawa:

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed.

AOR 7th Jan.
So I'm f***ed up and going to wait a lot?
When did you sent them a note and what you asked? I am in same boat, AOR 8Jan2017, and I am worried if they need additional verifications on my documents as well.

sxu7

Apr 26, 2017
Congratulations, someone had a closely related problem as well in FSW inland I think. Try send an email to that "Ottawa" address and also raise a CSE. Then I will try call them in the morning to follow up.
Thank you for your suggestion! I already raised a CSE, hopefully will get reply soon..

Reactions: olak131

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
When did you sent them a note and what you asked? I am in same boat, AOR 8Jan2017, and I am worried if they need additional verifications on my documents as well.
So there was a glitch and CIC portal showed me they need additional documents. So I emailed them to ask about what they need, they replied nothing is required and this stuff about additional verifications.