+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi all,
Need an advise. I work in a company that has 3 months notice period.my BG changed to IP from NA on June 2. Should i quit my job now or wait for PPR . Its getting delayed a lot and a lot needs to be planned in accordance. :(

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Got a response from Ottawa:

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed.

AOR 7th Jan.
So I'm f***ed up and going to wait a lot?
What is your timeline?

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Hi all,
Need an advise. I work in a company that has 3 months notice period.my BG changed to IP from NA on June 2. Should i quit my job now or wait for PPR . Its getting delayed a lot and a lot needs to be planned in accordance. :(
I would say rather wait until you get PPR before quitting the job

sbrs2010

Jul 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have already resigned as I have two months notice period to serve. My BG hasn't come to IP yet. Going by trends I should get my PPR by 16th June and I intend to fly by August 1st. So planning is very critical. Kids school starts in September in Canada so that is top priority for me.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
I have already resigned as I have two months notice period to serve. My BG hasn't come to IP yet. Going by trends I should get my PPR by 16th June and I intend to fly by August 1st. So planning is very critical. Kids school starts in September in Canada so that is top priority for me.
Hello,

From which province you got the nomination and what is your current timeline. Please shed some light so that I may understand when can I have the lucky day.

sxu7

Apr 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

Finally I got my PPR today through my CIC online instead of email. It has been 129 days for my CEC application and I do have a very long long travel history which may be the main reason of delay.

My timeline:
CEC inland
AOR: Jan 30th, 2017
Eligibility passed in late April.
Background check still in IP(1), didn't goes to NA or IP(2).
I called CIC on Monday June 5, agent told me it was still under final decision.

However, I have an urgent issue need opinion from you guys..
I was physically in Canada when I submitted my application, but since my previous working permit has expired by the time I sent my application, I had both my home country and a Canadian address on file. Currently I am living in Canada with a valid visitor's visa. I had called CIC for multiple times during the process of my application, and they confirmed that my primary address in my profile is my Canadian address. But the Passport Request letter still asked me to send my passport to my home country visa office. In this case, may I and how could I request to send my passport to Ottawa office instead?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Mohammad77

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi all,
Hi,
You have to wait, until you will get your Visa stamped on your passport.

Reactions: SimpleMac

Mohammad77

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Category........
PNP
H
Hi everyone,

Finally I got my PPR today through my CIC online instead of email. It has been 129 days for my CEC application and I do have a very long long travel history which may be the main reason of delay.

My timeline:
CEC inland

I was physically in Canada when I submitted my application, but since my previous working permit has expired by the time I sent my application, I had both my home country and a Canadian address on file. Currently I am living in Canada with a valid visitor's visa. I had called CIC for multiple times during the process of my application, and they confirmed that my primary address in my profile is my Canadian address. But the Passport Request letter still asked me to send my passport to my home country visa office. In this case, may I and how could I request to send my passport to Ottawa office instead?

Thank you!
Hi,

In which number you contact with CIC?

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hi everyone,

My timeline:
CEC inland

Thank you!
Congratulations, someone had a closely related problem as well in FSW inland I think. Try send an email to that "Ottawa" address and also raise a CSE. Then I will try call them in the morning to follow up.

Reactions: Mohammad77