+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi All,
I got my note today. I sent the application Jan 12, 2017. Document request in March.

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Security:
HIRV:

There is nothing in front of security and HIRV, not even mentioned "in progress".

1) what is HIRV?
2) Based on your experience and having this stat, how many more weeks I may need to wait, ball park?

Thanks for your input.
is there any note from officer ? eligibility passed means VO has reviewed ur file.

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi, guys, I came back to share my detailed time line with you guys,

My AOR -02-02, CEC ,(ITA:2016-12-22, Score:496)
Medical pass & BG:IP1 :03-26
ADR: travel history request on 04-04
BG: N/A on 04.10 or 04-11
PPR :05-05 (E-mail received through promotion folder in Gmail)
PP sent: 05-06
BG: IP2 :05-07
pp received by Ottawa: 05-09
Approved by 05-16, tracker activated at the same day, 18:52 Ottawa
Received back on 05-17,
landing : 05-17

During this process, I learnt a lot of things, very appreciated for all the help from this web, and I am very prod to say I am now a semi-pro in GCMS notes, and the whole procedue. I lived in canada for over 6 years, I did my study here, and also work as a public servant now. If you guys have any questions regarding the process and some basic infos about Canada, please feel free to contact me(maybe through PM?) , I am very happy to help you :)
Best wishes for everybody who still in their process, and I am sure everyone will get a happy result eventually.

Good luck!

Bavana

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helllo everyone,

Does anyone know if it is ok to ask the CIC call center agent specific questions based on the GCMS?

for example:

my security check is not started in the GCMS; can I ask him about did you start it or not till now?
also, for R11.2 status is requested review; can I ask if I passed it or not?
Also, can I ask him/her what does it mean by the due date for security check on the gcms?

Are Questions of that kind ok?

paradistar

May 19, 2017
Hello my friend... You r on final stage of entire process as ur BG check is in process.. so u can expect PPR any moment... I guess you will get it in next 7 days...

All the best... Share ur u
Hi montu 1083, Thanks a lot for the info. Good to know it's the last step, but just frustrating that this last step has taken me more than 1 month...lol

How long does it normally take for CIC to conduct background check?

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Hello my friend... You r on final stage of entire process as ur BG check is in process.. so u can expect PPR any moment... I guess you will get it in next 7 days...

All the best... Share ur u
I dont think so. I have been in the same position since End of March and have yet to receive PPR... so it's quite subjective. There is no given timeline prediciton..

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
Hi friends.need some information.after how many days the status change after we submit the passport.actually my agent submitted my pasport
Depends, Normally its 5-7days

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Helllo everyone,

Does anyone know if it is ok to ask the CIC call center agent specific questions based on the GCMS?

for example:

my security check is not started in the GCMS; can I ask him about did you start it or not till now?
also, for R11.2 status is requested review; can I ask if I passed it or not?
Also, can I ask him/her what does it mean by the due date for security check on the gcms?

Are Questions of that kind ok?
You're better off searching the forum as you're unlikely to get good information from IRCC before the 6 month deadline.

In GCMS notes security not started DOES NOT mean it's yet to start. If you find redacted sections in your notes then rest assured your security check is underway.

Due date check for security is always about 12 months from your AOR, this doesn't mean a lot, in fact due dates on the notes are quite meaningless.

A11.2 requested review means that the analyst at the CIO was not happy with one or more documents you have provided and is now up to the officer in your LVO to make a decision. If the officer is also unhappy you'll get refused. You really want an "APPEARS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS" coming out of CIO.

I suggest you post the A11.2 analyst comment here (or PM me if you'd like) so that we can figure out why the analyst requested the officer to review your file.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hi All,
I got my note today. I sent the application Jan 12, 2017. Document request in March.

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Security:
HIRV:

There is nothing in front of security and HIRV, not even mentioned "in progress".

1) what is HIRV?
2) Based on your experience and having this stat, how many more weeks I may need to wait, ball park?

Thanks for your input.
This is quite strange as for you to pass ELIGIBILITY you must also have passed SECURITY, otherwise you'd get a RECOMMEND PASS on eligibility.

Do you see the words READY FOR VISA (or RFV) in your file anywhere?

I would send them a kindly written CSE asking if perhaps they have forgotten to send your PPR as you've passed ELIGIBILITY - there have been a few situations where the file was ready but the 'system' did not send the PPR and that only got resolved after the person contacted IRCC.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
This is quite strange as for you to pass ELIGIBILITY you must also have passed SECURITY, otherwise you'd get a RECOMMEND PASS on eligibility.

I would send them a kindly written CSE asking if perhaps they have forgotten to send your PPR as you've passed ELIGIBILITY - there have been a few situations where the file was ready but the 'system' did not send the PPR and that only got resolved after the person contacted IRCC.
That's not necessarily the case.
I passed eligibility but my security and criminality was not started.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016

You're better off searching the forum as you're unlikely to get good information from IRCC before the 6 month deadline.

In GCMS notes security not started DOES NOT mean it's yet to start. If you find redacted sections in your notes then rest assured your security check is underway.

Due date check for security is always about 12 months from your AOR, this doesn't mean a lot, in fact due dates on the notes are quite meaningless.

A11.2 requested review means that the analyst at the CIO was not happy with one or more documents you have provided and is now up to the officer in your LVO to make a decision. If the officer is also unhappy you'll get refused. You really want an "APPEARS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS" coming out of CIO.

I suggest you post the A11.2 analyst comment here (or PM me if you'd like) so that we can figure out why the analyst requested the officer to review your file.
My security and security screening both were started the day my eligibility was ''passed'' (13 April). Before 13th April, i was a recommended pass in eligibility with seurity not started and nothing redacted. all my security and security screening info post 13 April is redacted. My wide security checj\k is still not stared, hence no redaction in her security related activities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sugar2016

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Hi Guys,

Could anyone help me understand what stage of processing am I at right now? I got AOR at Jan 20th and got some additional travel document request (specific date went to US) on March 17th, submitted it right away. Then the status has been remain like this for almost 2 month. Really not sure what's going on here...

Not sure if it matters, but made the application within Canada...

Application status
: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks a lot in advance!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the similar situation. Aor Jan 3. My BG-2 IP has been more than 1.5 months. They are running security check now. The security check is done by the third party and there is no prediction about how long it would take.

For information from FBI, as far as I know, usually takes 3 months. This is my optimistic prediction.

Probably you have quite long travel history or from a special country , that is why you stuck here for such a long time.

There is nothing you can do just wait. Good Luck~

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012

In the second page of CGMC under the "assessment", There is nothing in front of the security and HIRV!
I could not find the RFV anywhere. Where should I check for this usually?
BTW, What is HIRV?