+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
What shall we yahoo mail ones do? Somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that yahoo IDs are not receiving PPR emails? What if ours was sent but not delivered :eek:

MEDUSA LAUGHS

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Guys I have a question. Once you receive your PR card after moving to Canada, are you allowed to move to another European country for lets say a career boosting job/research assignment? How long do u have to stay in Canada to be considered for a citizenship? N how long do u stay if u want to continue being a PR? Plz advice. Thanks in advance.

GhanaianIndian

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
EE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-17
Med's Done....
01-03-17
Ok. Weird thing happened. My boss was sent the letter that he wrote as a reference by the NDVO asking if it was correct. Since my boss and everyone in my office knows my about my application he has asked me what to write.

Is this common with respect to applications? If yes, which stage does this happen in?

Am reposting this from the Feb thread as I am not sure anyone would have the reply to this there

Cheers
GI

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GhanaianIndian said:
Ok. Weird thing happened. My boss was sent the letter that he wrote as a reference by the NDVO asking if it was correct. Since my boss and everyone in my office knows my about my application he has asked me what to write.

Is this common with respect to applications? If yes, which stage does this happen in?

Am reposting this from the Feb thread as I am not sure anyone would have the reply to this there

Cheers
GI
This is something new ; I got to know about verification telephone calls earlier.

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MEDUSA LAUGHS said:
Guys I have a question. Once you receive your PR card after moving to Canada, are you allowed to move to another European country for lets say a career boosting job/research assignment? How long do u have to stay in Canada to be considered for a citizenship? N how long do u stay if u want to continue being a PR? Plz advice. Thanks in advance.
Residency requirement

To maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. During this time you must be here physically.

The two years may not need to be continuous. An officer can confirm if your time in Canada counts when you:

re-enter Canada, or
apply for a permanent resident card.

Time spent outside Canada may also count towards the two years if you are:

travelling with your spouse or partner who is a Canadian citizen,
a childFootnote 1 travelling with his or her father or mother who is a Canadian citizen,
an employee of (or under contract to) a Canadian business.

It may also count if you are:

travelling with your spouse or partner who is a permanent resident and works full-time for:
a Canadian business, or
the public service of Canada or a province,
a child travelling with his or her father or mother who is a permanent resident and who works full-time for:
a Canadian business, or
the public service of Canada or a province.
an employee of (or under contract to) the public service of Canada or a province and you are on a full-time assignment to:
a position outside Canada,
a partner business outside Canada, or
a client of the Canadian business or the public service outside Canada.

Check this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=727&top=4

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
yukiyuki111 said:
guys, got my ppr tonight! arounf 9:07pm! I submitted my application on feb 02, CEC, medical passed on march 26, same day ip1, adr: travel history 04-03, bg:n/a on 04/05 or 04/06. my status never changed again, and by this afternoon, i check my cic account, it shows my bg still at N/A, so...i gave up my hope for this week. i checked it again, till now, its still showed N/A
tonight after walking my friend's dog, I refresh my mailbox, the golden mail was over there! yay! in my promotion folder!
Congratulations!!! I'm super excited for you.......

IndianDubai

Nov 30, 2016
Congrats all - I'm landing on July 4th 2017. My questions are -

1) Do we need Travel Insurance or Health Insurance when we land?
2) Is is mandatory to have it for 3 months or if we show return tickets within 30 days of landing, medical insurance for those 30 days is sufficient?

Thanks heaps

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
SimpleMac said:
What shall we yahoo mail ones do? Somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that yahoo IDs are not receiving PPR emails? What if ours was sent but not delivered :eek:
I use Yahoo mail and I had no problem receiving the PPR email. If you're worried that you may have missed an important communication from CIC, you could always call to check with them periodically.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Canada247 said:
I use Yahoo mail and I had no problem receiving the PPR email. If you're worried that you may have missed an important communication from CIC, you could always call to check with them periodically.
Thanks Canada247 !!!! But as it m not in Canada, i think we cannot call them to have a status check :(

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
adeep9 said:
Actually i was checking my profile every day many times a day. My background status never changed since beginning of time until May 3rd when it said "we are processing b/c". so from Feb 25th till May 03 afternoon it was "next step is to do b/c".

But they asked me for some info on April 04th bec of which i was sure they are doing my b/c even though my status at that time was NS.

Hope it helps.
My status hasn't change ever since Feb 28....... :'(

Reactions: Jenishka

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Hi guyz,

Im new on the forum. Im a PNP outland applicant. I got nomination from Nova Scotia and I am from India. Got my AOR on 23 Jan. Medical passed on 9th Feb and till then No change in application. I would like to join this forum. Could you send me the link how to get updates from this forum or how to join here.

Regards,
Ritz.

Reactions: Jenishka

Mani.pradhan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Hello Everyone,

I got RPRF request yesterday and I paid yesterday itself.

I am not able to figure out at which step my file currently is.

And how many days on average can I expect for PPR.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

May 5, 2017
MEDUSA LAUGHS said:
Can you please tell what Schedule A is?
I passed Medical and BG IP1 on April 7, and have BG as NA since April 28. AOR is Feb 18.
Every day I am hoping for a change....how much longer to wait? You seem to have waited for a month after NA
Schedule A is said to be required if you answer Yes to any of the statutory questions in eAPR. I'm not sure if it is always required in that case or only when the original explanation in the eAPR is not detailed enough.