+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mthornt said:
Actually, that basically is equivalent to IP1. There are two paths BG normally takes

NA(NN) > NBG(NS) > NA(NN) > IP
or
NA(NN) > IP1 > NA(NN) > IP2

So yes actually...
BC is unpredictable. Mine was NA -> IP -> PPR.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silly Question gents!

but how does one receive the request for passport and does a message also come in one's CIC account.
Because my email account is notorious for landing emails up in my 'Junk' folder even when they are not!
And going through the Junk folder is a chore, considering the amount of junk emails I receive.

Cheers

serious_assistance

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
SDR287 said:
Silly Question gents!

but how does one receive the request for passport and does a message also come in one's CIC account.
Because my email account is notorious for landing emails up in my 'Junk' folder even when they are not!
And going through the Junk folder is a chore, considering the amount of junk emails I receive.

Cheers
I worry about the same thing - that is why I do a search for any emails with 'cic' mentioned. You will definitely receive an email from CIC so run a search and see what you get. No need to go through each and every page of your Spam folder.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
serious_assistance said:
I worry about the same thing - that is why I do a search for any emails with 'cic' mentioned. You will definitely receive an email from CIC so run a search and see what you get. No need to go through each and every page of your Spam folder.
Well, I have become fairly regular with my checking of the junk folder, but that has come about fairly recently when I started visiting the forum regularly. Before that (two to three weeks ago) it was SOP that I empty the folder every weekend without really going through it!
That leads me to my second query,
Ie. What happens if you miss your PPR mail?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
serious_assistance said:
I do the same...

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I sent an email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking for Visa Office under which my application is being processed.

The reply said that "Your application is being processed at CPC-Ottawa"

I am based in Dubai. Does this mean that entire application will be processed at Ottawa Visa office or will be it be moved to Abu Dhabi VO for any process?

Awaiting your replies. Thanks.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi Guys,

I sent an email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking for Visa Office under which my application is being processed.

I am based in Dubai. Does this mean that entire application will be processed at Ottawa Visa office or will be it be moved to Abu Dhabi VO for any process?

Abudhabi Vo comes at the last stage before PPR.
Most or almost all formalities are conducted at Ottawa or Sydney office.

Cheers

PS: That is a standard reply when you send an email at that address

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDR287 said:
Abudhabi Vo comes at the last stage before PPR.
Most or almost all formalities are conducted at Ottawa or Sydney office.

Cheers

PS: That is a standard reply when you send an email at that address
Thanks for your reply.

The reason why i am asking was that i know many people who had Abu Dhabi VO as their Visa Office and it took them 6-18 months (after AOR) to get PPR which worries me. Could my case be similar? Or does the reply mean something else. Please help. Thanks.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Thanks for your reply.

The reason why i am asking was that i know many people who had Abu Dhabi VO as their Visa Office and it took them 6-18 months (after AOR) to get PPR which worries me. Could my case be similar? Or does the reply mean something else. Please help. Thanks.

I was told by a reputable agent here in melbourne, when i showed him a similar case as mine on the tracker, that, timeline is case/VO specific.
Depending upon the case load, the completeness of submitted documents, the amount of info to be verified, time is calculated!
Eventually though it will be the AbuDhabi Vo , so jump on the tracker and find its average processing time!
Although unless the sample size is large, the tracker could mislead as well!

Cheers

PR8701

Mar 27, 2017
serious_assistance said:
Part C was already filled out with the details of the person who will submit the request on my behalf. So to answer your question, yes, it would need to be filled out by your designated individual.

Okay. Great. I see what you mean. Mine was also pre-filled
Many thanks

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding work experience. I have work experience in Canada from March 2016 to February 2017. Will it be counted as 1 year experience or it should be until March 2017? Please advice! Thanks

serious_assistance

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
kashjuni said:
Hi Guys,

Not only are we both in Dubai, but we have very similar timelines (except that your BC is at NN and mine is IP - yet both unchanged from February)!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Thanks for your reply.

hi kashjuni

can you add yourself to the below group

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/abu-dhabi-vo-lets-connect-here-t393078.0.html;msg5966415#msg5966415

i'm trying to gather all ADVO applicants to check progress and timelines...

to answer your question - standard time for processing is 6 months... if it goes over, its usually due to additional security checks... in those cases you cant really say what is going on... best thing would be to order gcms notes to find out

hntaurus

Apr 27, 2017
Dears
I've just found this topic and red some of disscussions , I recevied my AOR on 27 January 2017 but no PPR yet , My current status is shared in following table , since you've seen several cases I'd appreciate it if you put commnet about my application as well. Thanks

ITA 30 OCt 2016
Submission 26 Dec 2016
AOR 27 Dec 2016
Medicall Passed 18 Feb 2017
Schedule A 28 Feb 2017

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.