+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada247 said:
Very worrisome, it somehow invalidates the prediction process.
That's also my issue. If they had rejected this thing 2 months ago when it went to IP1, I could've sorted it out and be a lot closer to getting the PPR by now, but such is life -_-

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
zhaff2004 said:
That's also my issue. If they had rejected this thing 2 months ago when it went to IP1, I could've sorted it out and be a lot closer to getting the PPR by now, but such is life -_-
You will be fine. The silver lining is that they have assessed your application and the only thing wrong is the work experience, when you reapply again you should be less tensed and the time will go fast.

Labda41

Apr 22, 2017
The rejection of zhaff2004's application has now made all IP2s (including me), very worried and restless. Guess we should not count our chickens till they hatch.

Vpat91

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Labda41 said:
The rejection of zhaff2004's application has now made all IP2s (including me), very worried and restless. Guess we should not count our chickens till they hatch.
true agree totally

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada247 said:
You will be fine. The silver lining is that they have assessed your application and the only thing wrong is the work experience, when you reapply again you should be less tensed and the time will go fast.
Also, it's a bit silly, cause I finished university in March of 2013, I started working full time on April 1st, 2013. My Off campus work permit was valid until June, so when I applied for a new work permit, I only applied in May. It took a while to come through, I went and got a bridging one in the interim (May - July) and only actually got my PGWP at the end of July.

I technically only graduated in June, 2013 as per the graduation ceremony and degree date.

So, CIC is now saying that the work I did during that time between me finishing exams and officially graduating does not constitute actual work experience.

Seems very trivial to me, but alas.

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
zhaff2004 said:
Also, it's a bit silly, cause I finished university in March of 2013, I started working full time on April 1st, 2013. My Off campus work permit was valid until June, so when I applied for a new work permit, I only applied in May. It took a while to come through, I went and got a bridging one in the interim (May - July) and only actually got my PGWP at the end of July.

I technically only graduated in June, 2013 as per the graduation ceremony and degree date.

So, CIC is now saying that the work I did during that time between me finishing exams and officially graduating does not constitute actual work experience.

Seems very trivial to me, but alas.
On the contrary, once you have fulfilled all the requirements of your degree and approved by the senate of your university, you are officially done with school and can work full-time; I guess you applied for work permit based on that. The work experience gained while waiting for your pgwp under implied status should count towards your CRS points. I know a number of people who got approved using similar work experience. However, some people on this forum have reported rejections with work experience gained before pgwp, even after the completion of their studies; I guess it will continue to be a grey area. What my friends did was to call CIC to ask if they could use the work experience, and the agent said yes. They requested the agent to send them an e-mail stating the validity of the work experience which they attached with an LOE to their EE applications; they have their PR now. You may want to inquire more from CIC before you reapply again. Best.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada247 said:
On the contrary, once you have fulfilled all the requirements of your degree and approved by the senate of your university, you are officially done with school and can work full-time; I guess you applied for work permit based on that. The work experience gained while waiting for your pgwp under implied status should count towards your CRS points. I know a number of people who got approved using similar work experience. However, some people on this forum have reported rejections with work experience gained before pgwp, even after the completion of their studies; I guess it will continue to be a grey area. What my friends did was to call CIC to ask if they could use the work experience, and the agent said yes. They requested the agent to send them an e-mail stating the validity of the work experience which they attached with an LOE to their EE applications; they have their PR now. You may want to inquire more from CIC before you reapply again. Best.
Thanks, i'll phone them up now, I had a friend who got his PR doing the exact same thing, hence why I also applied expecting the same result. Silly me.

I'm guessing that I won't have much luck in over turning the decision though, but worth a shot nonetheless.

mide93

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017
I have a question guys. if you get a schedule A request, at what point are you in the process. My BG check has been NA for 6 weeks and I'm a bit worried. Also for my education. Do I put my convocation date ( June). Or the date I finished exams (end of April).

I read about zhaff rejection. And I'm scared because I was working as soon as I finished school (under PGWP). Before my convocation. And I do not want to be rejected because of something trivial.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
mide93 said:
I have a question guys. if you get a schedule A request, at what point are you in the process. My BG check has been NA for 6 weeks and I'm a bit worried. Also for my education. Do I put my convocation date ( June). Or the date I finished exams (end of April).

I read about zhaff rejection. And I'm scared because I was working as soon as I finished school (under PGWP). Before my convocation. And I do not want to be rejected because of something trivial.
The date you have in your degree completion letter.
Degree and degree completion letter are two different things.

Your work experience is countable after the date mentioned in your degree completion letter which is a strong proof for the time period between getting PGWP.

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
mide93 said:

I have the same question about Schedule A, could someone please answer :(

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
RiZ92 said:
I completed my education in june 2008 and my degree certificate is awarded in feb 2009, also my transcript says june 2008.
But i started working as soon as i completed my degree in june 2008, what all this makes sense???

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Canada247 said:
I have the same question about Schedule A, could someone please answer :(

Your work experience is countable after the date mentioned in your degree completion letter which is a strong proof for the time period between getting PGWP.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
solanki123 said:
I completed my education in june 2008 and my degree certificate is awarded in feb 2009, also my transcript says june 2008.
But i started working as soon as i completed my degree in june 2008, what all this makes sense???
Do you have Degree Completion Letter from your University?
This is the same letter you might have provided for PGWP as a proof.

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
RiZ92 said:
Do you have Degree Completion Letter from your University?
This is the same letter you might have provided for PGWP as a proof.
hey university doesn't provide any letter. They just give transcript and degree certificate. I have completed my engineering degree which is 4 years , so doesn't makes sense if you put 2009 instead of 2008 otherwise it would be 5 years