App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
mtc1992 said:
I don't feel so alone now! haha
Mine is also the same But BC never changed after medical passed.
Its your application is in process. Next step is to conduct background check

Mani.pradhan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Hi Guys,
I sent an email to check my visa office and got the following reply:

Your application is being processed in Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I am confused coz last time when I emailed them they replied it's with Central Intake office in Sydney, NS

Do you guys think the file has moved forward in that time or not. Thanks

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
nmuntz said:
If you get PR in Canada, why would you want to go to the US to study? As a PR holder in Canada you can get much cheaper education in Canada.
It will also help you to stay in Canada if you decide to become a citizen. Being a year or two years away from Canada will significatively delay your citizenship application.
I am getting a full fellowship in the US and Canada is backup option once I graduate in 15 months. Moreover, Masters from a US university will significantly improve my chances of getting a decent job in Canada and Canadian universities are not offering enough scholarships (even to PR holders)

As per the rule, one needs to spend 2 out of 5 years in Canada to maintain the PR, which I think I will be able to maintain after graduating from US.

kumar30

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-01-2017
AOR Received.
29th Jan
Med's Done....
26th Nov
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2017
mtc1992 said:
I don't feel so alone now! haha
My AOR is 1/29 and medical changed to passed on 3/19 despite having pre-medicals... You are not alone at all..

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
rohitbites said:
I don't know what prompted you to take up twin adventures - anyway - I hope you know these two facts :

1. After you get the PPR, you need to travel to Canada before your medical expires and finish rest of landing procedures.
2. And at the time of landing you may be asked to show your proof of funds, because, an applicant is supposed to maintain POF until the landing procedure is complete.

Good luck.
1. I will be in New York, and Toronto is pretty close. So I can fly to Toronto before December (when my medical ends).
2. I am getting a full fellowship at the US university, that means I only have to pay for my living expense. Although I will maintain sufficient amount in my bank account when I go to Canada, I am worried that might ask for additional funds, considering the fact that I will not be earning for the next 15 months

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
Aakash87 said:
1. I will be in New York, and Toronto is pretty close. So I can fly to Toronto before December (when my medical ends).
2. I am getting a full fellowship at the US university, that means I only have to pay for my living expense. Although I will maintain sufficient amount in my bank account when I go to Canada, I am worried that might ask for additional funds, considering the fact that I will not be earning for the next 15 months
which university and which course u r going to do?

CA123456

Mar 22, 2017

Our office confirms that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

My timeline
CEC INLAND
AOR : 23 Jan
Medicals Passed : 23 FEB
BC: IP 23 FEB
BC : NA 22 MARCH

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mani.pradhan said:
Hi Guys,

Your application is being processed in Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I am confused coz last time when I emailed them they replied it's with Central Intake office in Sydney, NS

yup, you went from CIO --> CPC.
That's equivalent of moving to LVO for inlanders I think.
that's progress...

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Mani.pradhan said:
Hi Guys,

Looks like both are same ;D

Because last month i got reply that my application located in Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia
And today i got reply that my application located in Central Intake office in Sydney, NS

which is totally reverse to your responses.

DannyMC8710

Feb 23, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding travel history form, I'm applying under CEC Inland, right know I'm waiting for BOWP so I'm in Implied status. My question is I came to Canada in from October 2014 to October 2015, go back to Spain and came back to Canada in March 2016, should I put in the travel history my time here in Canada ??

Thanks

Rainman1993

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10/02/2017
Med's Done....
08/03/2017
Goodday folks

I see CIO and CPC mentioned many times on this thread? What is the difference between them?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Rainman1993 said:
Goodday folks

I see CIO and CPC mentioned many times on this thread? What is the difference between them?
CIO - Central Intake Office (where ALL applications go for initial processing)
CPC - Case Processing Center (where an application may move to after initial processing at CIO)

wengehua

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
CA123456 said:

Our office confirms that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

My timeline
CEC INLAND
AOR : 23 Jan
Medicals Passed : 23 FEB
BC: IP 23 FEB
BC : NA 22 MARCH
Hi guys:

Could you please forward me the link on how to email to CIC to check the VO? How long does it take for CIC to respond?

THanks!

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
nerd said:
yup, you went from CIO --> CPC.
That's equivalent of moving to LVO for inlanders I think.
that's progress...
The same situation happened to my case as well..On March 15, my BG changed from Next Check to conduct to a BG check to Not Applicable. In the course of VisA office enquiry, I got an email from them that it was with CPC-Sydney, NS. After one more enquiry, yesterday they confirmed that it is with CPC-Ottawa now
;D. Not sure what exactly happening behind the scenes. Nevertheless, nothing is in our hands other than waiting patiently for our turn. I wish everyone in this thread and other threads get their turns asap.

Good luck to everyone :)