+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, my medical exam expires on the 19th of April and I really don't want to have to get another one for landing. My bg status is ip-na, as of Sunday, so I'm hoping that it's almost done.

My question is this... is it possible for me to physically take my passport to the lvo in Pretoria? This will expedite the entire process and save me the worry of getting another medical test.

Nk103

Jan 5, 2017
nerd said:
So, I wrote to CIC regarding the status of my app and got the following response:

"Our office has now concluded its part in the processing of your application and your file has been transferred to the Visa Office in New Delhi."

So I assume that R10 and A11.2 have passed? Am i correct?
that said, my BC is still at NA for the last one month.
Come on NDVO! ;D

nerd.
Hi

If someone can help me with my Query here..

ITA - January 4, 2017
AOR - January 20, 2017
After a few days my cic account was updated with my medicals as passed.
Then, the status went from Not Needed > Not Started > Not Needed > Not Applicable.

I am unable to find my application status by using the online application status tool

I want to contact CIC for knowing my visa office and my application status. Is it alright to contact them after just around 65 days?

janecan

Nov 17, 2016
Congrats to all our friends with PPR here !! :) Do you know at the visa how many days do they give you to enter to Canada?

I am a FSW-Outland applicant and I wonder if I can learn where is my application without ordering GCMS notes. I have read that some of you sent emails but I have no idea where an FSW Outland can send e-mail or call maybe? My AOR is 12 January and background never became in progress it is "not applicable" for 52 days so I at least want to learn if my application is still in Canada or went to Local VO. Any ideas how can I do it?

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janecan said:
Congrats to all our friends with PPR here !! :) Do you know at the visa how many days do they give you to enter to Canada?

I am a FSW-Outland applicant and I wonder if I can learn where is my application without ordering GCMS notes. I have read that some of you sent emails but I have no idea where an FSW Outland can send e-mail or call maybe? My AOR is 12 January and background never became in progress it is "not applicable" for 52 days so I at least want to learn if my application is still in Canada or went to Local VO. Any ideas how can I do it?
You can find out by sending an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is the email format they require:

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s)
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident)

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All,

I received AOR on 9th January 2017 and the current status is mentioned below:

Application status
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As I read on the group, unlike me everyone is tracking their application actively. Is there a way to look at the history of changes ? For example I don't know whether the status of BC changed to something else and then back to NA or is it been like this always.

I consider my case as very straightforward and see a lot of people have received PPR already, who got AOR after I did. Just curious!

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aakash87 said:
Hi All,

I received AOR on 9th January 2017 and the current status is mentioned below:

Application status
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As I read on the group, unlike me everyone is tracking their application actively. Is there a way to look at the history of changes ? For example I don't know whether the status of BC changed to something else and then back to NA or is it been like this always.

I consider my case as very straightforward and see a lot of people have received PPR already, who got AOR after I did. Just curious!
Lately we've seen a surge in PPRs for CEC applicants, and few sporadic FSWs. The situation is stagnant for PNPs as of now - most of them, like you are waiting at BG - Not Applicable. Matter of time when the flood gates will open for PNPs.

What is your stream? - FSW / CEC / PNP ?

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
I have applied under under FSW.

The reason I am getting nervous is because I have got admit to a US University for Masters and will need to get the F1 (student visa) VISA for US as well. I assume the chances of getting rejected after PPR are few, but in my case will they raise any concern if they see a valid F1 VISA from USA ? Maybe because of the available funds in my account will be used for my education, and the whole available funds eligibility will go for a toss.

I really hope to receive PPR before April end, so that in the worst scenario I can get my passport back by June end. And then I can go for a US student visa.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your experience. Thanks!

Deebla

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2017
AOR Received.
28/01/2017
Med's Done....
24/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2017
harrygun_wangxin said:
Hi, just got the PPR, much faster than expected.

Does anyone know how long it'd take to get the passport back? I need my passport for traveling in about two weeks, and won't be back for almost another two weeks.
Congratulations!!!

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Aakash87 said:
I have applied under under FSW.

The reason I am getting nervous is because I have got admit to a US University for Masters and will need to get the F1 (student visa) VISA for US as well. I assume the chances of getting rejected after PPR are few, but in my case will they raise any concern if they see a valid F1 VISA from USA ? Maybe because of the available funds in my account will be used for my education, and the whole available funds eligibility will go for a toss.

I really hope to receive PPR before April end, so that in the worst scenario I can get my passport back by June end. And then I can go for a US student visa.

If anyone has faced a similar situation, please share your experience. Thanks!
If you get PR in Canada, why would you want to go to the US to study? As a PR holder in Canada you can get much cheaper education in Canada.
It will also help you to stay in Canada if you decide to become a citizen. Being a year or two years away from Canada will significatively delay your citizenship application.

Deebla

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2017
AOR Received.
28/01/2017
Med's Done....
24/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2017
chandra415 said:
Congratulations :)

Did you do RCMP upfront ? My medicals passed same day as yours and my AOR is Jan 26th. My BG never changed after medicals passed
vcscmy said:
he didn't do rcmp upfront. they requested from him on 14-03-2017, submitted on 22-03-2017 and got PPR 23-03-2017.

I submitted rcmp on 1/3/2017 and BG still IP since then. :(
I didn't do RCMP upfront. I'm not sure why that is but I guess it all depends on officers treating application but hey maybe they not just clicking to make changes in the system but actually working on your application. Let's stay positive!

Point of correction vcscmy, No additional document was requested from me at all

vcscmy

Mar 21, 2017
Deebla said:
I didn't do RCMP upfront. I'm not sure why that is but I guess it all depends on officers treating application but hey maybe they not just clicking to make changes in the system but actually working on your application. Let's stay positive!

Point of correction vcscmy, No additional document was requested from me at all
Yea I thought he was asking about harrygun_wangxin

Deebla

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2017
AOR Received.
28/01/2017
Med's Done....
24/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2017
vcscmy said:
Yea I thought he was asking about harrygun_wangxin
Oh okay

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
nerd said:
So, I wrote to CIC regarding the status of my app and got the following response:

"Our office has now concluded its part in the processing of your application and your file has been transferred to the Visa Office in New Delhi."

So I assume that R10 and A11.2 have passed? Am i correct?
that said, my BC is still at NA for the last one month.
Come on NDVO! ;D

nerd.
So you file has been transferred to LVO but I'm afraid that only means you've passed R10.

Eligibility (A11.2) will only be finalized at LVO. It will go to LVO with a recommendation (like Recommend Pass, Recommend Interview, etc.) and then the officer at LVO will review and make a decision.

So it's now in the hands of someone at NDVO. Remember that you security check may still be ongoing so it may not only be up to NVDO. Good luck.

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passed: 29/01/1987
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
Congratulations to everyone that have gotten PPR.

Sorry I cannot go back and read all pages! It's so hard to keep up with this thread. Lots of pages overnight!

73 days and counting for me!

Hoping for the best.