Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
SonyaWins said:
How long after your application has been sent to Ottawa processing centre do you get PPR?
If only we knew

passion_to_rise

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Frens,

My pr application is currently in progress , but after submission I applied for fresh passports of my dependents as they are due to expire next 2 months.

when should I update CIC about new dependents passports while the PR application is in progress.

What is the process ?

Thanks...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passion_to_rise said:
Hi Frens,

My pr application is currently in progress , but after submission I applied for fresh passports of my dependents as they are due to expire next 2 months.

when should I update CIC about new dependents passports while the PR application is in progress.

What is the process ?

Thanks...
I would advice
Either at the date when you get new passports (if it will be before old would expire)
or at the moment when you apply for new passport (that is if you consider, that you will only get them after old ones will expire).
In order to do that you can either raise CSE or email directly to your LVO (if your file was already transfered there).

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you Baji81 for the explanation.

So I guess requesting for GCMS notes is not really useful at this stage. And it is available to folks in Canada only, since I am applying from India.

With regards to the PPR process itself, for an applicant from India like myself, would I have to send the Passport within India or would it be to a CIC office anywhere in the world?

Lastly once sent how long for the passports to be stamped and sent back?

Thanks again

Baji81 said:
R 10 means:
Applications are assessed for completeness up front. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected as per section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant.

A11.2 Reference:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Post AOR and Medicals passed phase) is there anything expected from the applicants, rather than wait patiently?

It's quite unique from Case to Case and nothing can be assumed or predicted here. In general, CIC officers may ask us to provide RCMP fingerprints if they want to ensure our criminality records are clear and also Schedule A if there any gaps in the personal history. Also RPRF in case it was not paid along with e-APR.

At this point of time, nothing is in our hands other than waiting patiently for further communication from CIC. Only thing we can do here in order to understand the status is ordering GCMS notes. These notes will be shared to us after one month from the date of request. By that time, i'm sure you may receive PPR mail.

All the best with the rest of the process. :)

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
congrats for PPR recipients.
pls share your time line and visa office

somtripathi

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jan 25 AOR. Medicals Passed - 16 February. NDVO
Don't know if BG check status ever changed. Do we receive an email if the BG status changes?
Wishing luck to all and hope we receive our PPR and PR soon.

armani18J

Aug 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Done....
14-03-2017
Hey Guys,

My AOR is January 8, 2017 (CEC Inland) and I haven't had any updates since then. Medicals still haven't passed, but I did get an email this morning about an update on my CIC account. They requested IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels. I was getting worried like others, because my medicals haven't passed like others (still hasn't), but it's nice to see this request as now I know at least someone has looked at the application. Below is my Application status Details:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
somtripathi said:
Jan 25 AOR. Medicals Passed - 16 February. NDVO
Don't know if BG check status ever changed. Do we receive an email if the BG status changes?
Wishing luck to all and hope we receive our PPR and PR soon.
No, we don't receive emails for background updates. Your profile may not even say 'updated' when you log in, so you just have to keep checking

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
armani18J said:
Hey Guys,

My AOR is January 8, 2017 (CEC Inland) and I haven't had any updates since then. Medicals still haven't passed, but I did get an email this morning about an update on my CIC account. They requested IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels. I was getting worried like others, because my medicals haven't passed like others (still hasn't), but it's nice to see this request as now I know at least someone has looked at the application. Below is my Application status Details:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Your Backgroup Check is In Progress. this is an Update too. did you noticed it before ?

JamesMM

Mar 13, 2017
I thought I'd share this unique situation. I initially received an AOR in January of 2016 and applied for a BOWP. After receiving my BOWP that would expire in a year, my ee application was refused based of an issue with work experience and was allowed to reapply to ee immediately.

While waiting for the score to drop I got an invitation under cec with an AOR of January 31st 2017. But now my BOWP expires in April. So I applied for my second BOWP in early February. Does anyone think it would be an issue with applying for a second BOWP? I should be hearing about that work permit soon.

armani18J

Aug 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Done....
14-03-2017
emmn1003 said:
Your Backgroup Check is In Progress. this is an Update too. did you noticed it before ?
I wasn't sure if that meant the background was in progress since they recently changed the wording of the status updates. I just remember it saying "Not needed at this time" when they used the old wording. What's the new wording for "Not needed at this time" for Bacground check?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
armani18J said:
I wasn't sure if that meant the background was in progress since they recently changed the wording of the status updates. I just remember it saying "Not needed at this time" when they used the old wording. What's the new wording for "Not needed at this time" for Bacground check?
Not Needed = Not Applicable

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
SonyaWins said:
Hi Baji,

Any update on your background status?
Unfortunately no update to my BG status. It is same as before.

breathofwind

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Hey guys just an update for PNP-Is. ;D

I've just got a request for CELPIP result. I guess I just have to scan my hard copy of CELPIP and that is it?