+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK here is the deal.
Got a phone call today from the friendly courier delivery guy that I have a courier from CIC. I was not home to receive the same. He should come back tomorrow to deliver the same.
Now, I was not really expecting any letter from CIC by snail mail/courier.
Has anyone else ever received any snail mail/courier letter from CIC?
Not sure what it might be.
Anxious wait till tomorrow.

nerd.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
KimPositive said:
Hey, same status for me. I saw cases were PPR came within 2-3 weeks after BG was "in progress". Saying that I think the chances that the submitted documents are sufficient are good. Fingers crossed (and arms and legs...I'm a human pretzel)!
Mentally I'm prepared to wait the full 6 months but wouldn't be sad if CIC requests my passport sooner...it's ready to be sent :p
Ooh so we are seeing cases of Meds Passed - PPR for CEC window being 2-3 weeks? that's insane (in a good way of course)

Starluck

Jul 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we get a mail from ircc when you clear one stage I.e medical etc...o do we need to login and check ?

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Starluck said:
Do we get a mail from ircc when you clear one stage I.e medical etc...o do we need to login and check ?
Sometimes you do get an email, sometimes you don't. Also the email usually comes 24 hours later from the actual update.
My recommendation is to manually check your application status. IRCC may be requesting additional docs from you and you may not get an email at all.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
g126 said:
Basically yes, but it's unlikely.

During the background in progress part they will look at you background in more detail, that is: make sure your duties really align to you NOC and that your reference letter is legitimate, they may even call your employer, ask you to come in for an interview or ask for more documents. If they're not satisfied that you have the work experience you claim then you get rejected on eligibility grounds.

There have been cases of this, basically the most likely rejections scenarios after the A11.2 (and RFPR fee) are:
- Problems with work experience
- Problems with criminality (but this falls under admissibility and not eligibility)
- Problems with security (also admissibility)

There have been a few cases where the initial review of the reference letter were OK, but the later reviews did not convince the officer that the applicant could exercise the chosen NOC and the applicant was rejected (without interview or being asked for more documents, which I think is really unfair).

Now I've not seen GCMS notes on these cases so I'm speculating here that the initial officer (CIO) was initially happy with the reference letter but the officer at the LVO was not (perhaps at the LVO they knew the company to be doggy, non-ethical or not to be trusted - and this is their job mind you, the LVO is supposed to know the region and have better local knowledge so that's why some of the checks are repeated at LVO) and that's why a rejection occurred.
This is what I needed. Thanks a lot g126

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
17000 people invited in 2017 and it is not even March yet. I hope IRCC have hired up to accomodate this almost double workload they are seeing. I do not think they would compromise on process and standard checks and tollgates.

An interesting contrast YoY - By Feb 24, 2016, they had only invited 7500 candidates in 2016.

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lifein360 said:
Ooh so we are seeing cases of Meds Passed - PPR for CEC window being 2-3 weeks? that's insane (in a good way of course)
Yes, read through this thread and look at their signatures:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-after-background-check-went-in-progress-t403207.0.html

Not all of them, but quite a few.
It's from 2016, so not sure if we can hope for the same in 2017. But it's never wrong to stay positive, right?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys the threshold for this week's draw is at 441 !!! What's up with CIC these days?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
nmuntz said:
Sometimes you do get an email, sometimes you don't. Also the email usually comes 24 hours later from the actual update.
My recommendation is to manually check your application status. IRCC may be requesting additional docs from you and you may not get an email at all.
Yes, that's quite correct and sound advice! ;D

Starluck said:
Let me illustrate this for you with me as an example... My AOR was on the 7th Jan, on the 19th of Jan three of my status changed (DOCs went from Blank to not needed, Medicals when to passed and BC went to NS) and 24 hours later I got an email... Around the 15th of Feb my BC changed from NS back to NN and I did not get an email.

From that you can conclude that sometimes you get notified of status changes and sometimes not. Furthermore, I think IMPORTANT status changes (like for documents and perhaps medical that), which may require your action then the system is probably configured to trigger an email every time this changes... But for informative status changes (like BC) probably not... But this is me guessing here!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
nerd said:
OK here is the deal.
Got a phone call today from the friendly courier delivery guy that I have a courier from CIC. I was not home to receive the same. He should come back tomorrow to deliver the same.
Now, I was not really expecting any letter from CIC by snail mail/courier.
Has anyone else ever received any snail mail/courier letter from CIC?
Not sure what it might be.
Anxious wait till tomorrow.

nerd.
Do you perhaps need a PCC from a country that requires a specific letter from CIC/IRCC to be issued? Other than that I've no idea what it could be! Please enlighten us when you do get it.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
lifein360 said:
17000 people invited in 2017 and it is not even March yet. I hope IRCC have hired up to accomodate this almost double workload they are seeing. I do not think they would compromise on process and standard checks and tollgates.

An interesting contrast YoY - By Feb 24, 2016, they had only invited 7500 candidates in 2016.
Yes IRCC has gone insane!!! We've already seen significant slowdown in the initial processing of applications... Outlands used to have their medicals status changes within a few days are now taking a few weeks...

I think IRCC did hire more people, whcih does explain Oct/Nov applicants getting PPRs in record time, but give the sheer number of ITAs we've had the slowdown was/is inevitable I think. I should think they will decrease the number of ITAs n the future...

syedahraza said:
Guys the threshold for this week's draw is at 441 !!! What's up with CIC these days?
Ohhh crap! I was wrong and they are still increasing the number of ITAs.. looks like we're in it for the long haul boys! :(

It's not all bad though... it's very good news for the people getting the ITAs.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
g126 said:
Yes IRCC has gone insane!!! We've already seen significant slowdown in the initial processing of applications... Outlands used to have their medicals status changes within a few days are now taking a few weeks...

I think IRCC did hire more people, whcih does explain Oct/Nov applicants getting PPRs in record time, but give the sheer number of ITAs we've had the slowdown was/is inevitable I think. I should think they will decrease the number of ITAs n the future...

Ohhh crap! I was wrong and they are still increasing the number of ITAs.. looks like we're in it for the long haul boys! :(

It's not all bad though... it's very good news for the people getting the ITAs.
Lol, hopefully the people with CRS 400-450 do not see this message :p

That being said, we would have to assume they have thought this through lol and are fully equipped to meet the 6 month timelines.

The unique thing with this process is there is absolutely no uncertainty or variability for the IRCC. Unlike other service industries, this whole process is totally under their control. They control the number of draws, the number of invites everything. If they ever feel they are getting bogged down, they can easily just slow down. And IRCC can change rules, intake numbers whenever they feel like anyway.

optimistic_06

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
17-02-2017 RCMP provided: 28-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-01-2017
Med's Done....
Passed: 17-02-2017
Folks

Tell me something...

I will be needing to upload the RCMP check soon, CIC gave me special upload section for that in the profile.
Can i also attach CELPIP results to it ? Hope the agent won't be pissed ?
Because i didn't put it initially anywhere.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
So I heard back in regards to my GCMS notes, I'm not sure what to make out of the email I got:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on February 6, 2017 for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:
· The file requested was initially submitted as an Express Entry application. Note that the file has not reached the permanent residence stage yet. Please advise if you wish to amend your ATIP request for the express entry profile.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by March 23, 2017, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please submit the requested information to our office by either replying to this email or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Any suggestions and/or thoughts?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
lifein360 said:
Lol, hopefully the people with CRS 400-450 do not see this message :p
Indeed ;D

That being said, we would have to assume they have thought this through lol and are fully equipped to meet the 6 month timelines.
lol... this cracked me up, perhaps because I assumed the same from Ontario last year and well... we all know what happened there!

The unique thing with this process is there is absolutely no uncertainty or variability for the IRCC. Unlike other service industries, this whole process is totally under their control. They control the number of draws, the number of invites everything. If they ever feel they are getting bogged down, they can easily just slow down. And IRCC can change rules, intake numbers whenever they feel like anyway.
Not everything, security for exemple is not done by IRCC so no real control over that, but essentially you're correct, they have the power to control how many they want to process by determining a specific CRS