+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
I am in my 14th month. SS started 9 months ago. CSIS says they have completed my security check and CBSA says they do not have an open file on me. My employer in Canada has given me a deadline to become PR or they wont hire me. I sent a letter to Ottawa explaining all of this and only got the template response. Not the slightest of customization. The damn letter starts with Dear Sir/Madam...
How long did it take to get CSIS notes and CBSA notes?
I'm thinking of ordering them, just to see where I stand in the background check process. I don't even know if my security check has started or not. on GCMS notes, some activity shows security went from Not Started to blank. not sure if that means they initiated security check.

azrazan

Feb 18, 2018
Hello all need some advice about my application:
ITA: 20 DEC
AOR: 6 jan
Medicals passed: 23 jan
ADR1: 24 JAN
ADR2: 25 JAN
My current status is:

BG status is same from many days.. when should i expect PPR?

jy_Sgermany

Jan 24, 2018
hi guys
I am so frustrated, my eaor is January 14, 2017. I even got my MP to enquire about my status, in hope to get better response but even they told me what I already know criminality done , security done and medical done, only thing left is eligibility. However when I order my gcms notes, I can see that the officer did not review my file since September 2017. In the notes its mentioned that he is satisfied on balance of probabilities that I performed and meet lead statement of primary NOC. Nevertheless my arranged employment is under review and A11.2 &selection. But according to my notes which I already ordered twice since September 2017, I cannot see if anything is being done to confirm the concerns. In fact it seems the file has not been touched. From being recommend passed it went to under review is that even normal?.Everyone else seems to have security screening issue but with me its eligibility and I'll be in my 14th month in few days. What should I do? Anybody else in this situation?

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
How long did it take to get CSIS notes and CBSA notes?
I'm thinking of ordering them, just to see where I stand in the background check process. I don't even know if my security check has started or not. on GCMS notes, some activity shows security went from Not Started to blank. not sure if that means they initiated security check.
It took CSIS about a month to get back to me with a status update. CBSA did not provide any notes as I mentioned earlier.

If you are selected for security screening, you would be able to see that phrase in your GCMS notes. If you don't see that in your notes, it is possible that you are not under SS.

Reactions: summerxx

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
hi guys
I am so frustrated, my eaor is January 14, 2017. I even got my MP to enquire about my status, in hope to get better response but even they told me what I already know criminality done , security done and medical done, only thing left is eligibility. However when I order my gcms notes, I can see that the officer did not review my file since September 2017. In the notes its mentioned that he is satisfied on balance of probabilities that I performed and meet lead statement of primary NOC. Nevertheless my arranged employment is under review and A11.2 &selection. But according to my notes which I already ordered twice since September 2017, I cannot see if anything is being done to confirm the concerns. In fact it seems the file has not been touched. From being recommend passed it went to under review is that even normal?.Everyone else seems to have security screening issue but with me its eligibility and I'll be in my 14th month in few days. What should I do? Anybody else in this situation?
Our AOR dates are exactly the same! It is strange that your eligibility is taking so long. Usually when eligibility is the problem, they contact you to get further versification. I would say email your VO if your file has not been updated for a long time. Emails are sometimes a good way of pushing your file forward if it is stuck due to the officer's neglect.

jy_Sgermany

Jan 24, 2018
Our AOR dates are exactly the same! It is strange that your eligibility is taking so long. Usually when eligibility is the problem, they contact you to get further versification. I would say email your VO if your file has not been updated for a long time. Emails are sometimes a good way of pushing your file forward if it is stuck due to the officer's neglect.
Thank you I will try again to email. But they always send the generic replies back.

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Got PPR on March 9th 2018.

AOR Jan 7th 2017
SS started April 28th 2017
CSIS finished June 15th 2017

All the best!

Last edited:

jy_Sgermany

Jan 24, 2018
did anyone else notice today, that when u login ur cic account it says updated and when u click on it there is like no change at all and when u go back to read the updated part again , it is back to submitted?

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
did anyone else notice today, that when u login ur cic account it says updated and when u click on it there is like no change at all and when u go back to read the updated part again , it is back to submitted?
That means that your application has finished another stage probably. Probably the processing is done. From your signature it might be that your eligibility is done.

What are your details. What took you so long

P.S this thread is very special to me. I am a 12th jan 2017 applicant

jy_Sgermany

Jan 24, 2018
That means that your application has finished another stage probably. Probably the processing is done. From your signature it might be that your eligibility is done.

What are your details. What took you so long

P.S this thread is very special to me. I am a 12th jan 2017 applicant
I really hope ur right about this. It was even nice to read it lol. Its such a good sign that I'm actually doubting myself, did that really happen hahha

I have no clue what took so long, might be a lazy officer. Submitted file in January 2017 outland FSW and by February 2017 almost everything was done my eligibility was recommend passed, criminality and medical were passed too. Only thing left was the security, but after my notes in September I saw that my file was not touched after February 2017. The officer finally reviewed my file on September 14 2017 and my application went into IP2. The security was completed in a day as per CIC agents, however my eligibility turned under review. After that they extended medical in October, but I have not received anything to date about my eligibility, like no ADR requests etc. Even after ordering notes in January 2018 I could see that nothing was being done. Its very frustrating because I don't see many people who are in my situation, most ppl are stuck with security. LV office is Ottawa.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I really hope ur right about this. It was even nice to read it lol. Its such a good sign that I'm actually doubting myself, did that really happen hahha

I have no clue what took so long, might be a lazy officer. Submitted file in January 2017 outland FSW and by February 2017 almost everything was done my eligibility was recommend passed, criminality and medical were passed too. Only thing left was the security, but after my notes in September I saw that my file was not touched after February 2017. The officer finally reviewed my file on September 14 2017 and my application went into IP2. The security was completed in a day as per CIC agents, however my eligibility turned under review. After that they extended medical in October, but I have not received anything to date about my eligibility, like no ADR requests etc. Even after ordering notes in January 2018 I could see that nothing was being done. Its very frustrating because I don't see many people who are in my situation, most ppl are stuck with security. LV office is Ottawa.

Okay! Wow!

Your country of residence I am assuming is Germany.

The update might be your eligibility being done. I know exactly what you mean.

Most importantly have you had correspondence with Ottawa? You should follow up rigorously as 14 months warrants that. I would have suggested to contact the PM's and Immigration minister's office but seems like this update might mean its all done.

And just give CIC a call. You're lucky that your visa office is Ottawa and you can call CIC. Have you done that?