+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Some options:

Call IRCC and ask for status
Order GCMS notes
Keep an eye on Credit card for refund (God forbid) of the same amount you paid for RPRFee incase u have paid that

breathofwind said:
Hi friends,

Anyone knows if your application got cancelled how long would you be notified?
If you've been waiting for more than 1 month without any changes in your status is it consider "safe"?

Thanks,

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
g126 said:
Yes, it is typically 'transferred' to your LVO (NDVO in your case) after the A11.2 are complete and OK. This is USUALLY when you BC changes from NS back to NN.
In my case, I can't know any of that stuff as I am outland.

A_23aug

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
23-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
07-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
05-JAN-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
Hi Still no progress in Medical.....
JAN 5th AOR.....and medical done on 31st Dec 2016. Can some one suggest is this a normal case, I am FSW outland.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
breathofwind said:
Hi friends,

Anyone knows if your application got cancelled how long would you be notified?
If you've been waiting for more than 1 month without any changes in your status is it consider "safe"?

Thanks,
Hello Mate,

If your application got cancel then u'll be notified same day by e-mail with pdf attachment. So right now "no news is good news"...

Hope u'll get change in your application soon...

pooja parekh

Jan 31, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th jan 2017
Med's Done....
31st jan
Hey guys,
Looks like there has been a lot of confusion about the status changes in the profile and what do they mean.

Let me share some common things I have noticed via many posts on this forum and what do the changes mean. If anyone find any mistake or would like to correct the information provided below, please let me know I will make an update in the edit.

Our files are most likely assigned to nearest Visa offices, people also refer them as Local visa office or LVO. And for particular visa offices they use terms as NDVO (New delhi visa office), MVO (Manilla visa office) and so on... How do they decide to which VO to transfer your file, we are not entirely sure, but most likely to the nearest visa office to your current country of residence.

Following is the process how they access your file after you have submitted e-APR

Steps 1, 2 and 3 can go in parallel, after each one of them are complete 4 and then 5 will follow.
File transfer to Local VO will happen once step 1,2 and 3 are complete. Local VO will take care of steps 4 and 5.

1. Medical will change to passed (if you have passed the medical exam) -- depends on clinic to clinic and country to country, they will check if you don't any serious conditions like HIV, hepatitis and you wont be a burden on their health care initially.
2. R10 (Completeness check) -- they will verify if they have received all the documents, will notify you if you have missed any
3. A11.2 (Analyst Recommendation) -- they will verify if you are actually eligible for the program you have applied under and calculate CRS and if your CRS was above cutoff for that draw.
4. Background check and other formalities and checks -- here they will verify everything that you have mentioned in your application. Travel history, personal history, work history, criminality check etc... This part is time consuming, it if safe to assume that normally it would take anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Although the BG check time varies heavily. May even exceed the 6 months timeline. No one knows for sure how long will it take for your file.
5. Final decision -- I have seen 1 to 7 days after BG check completed to final decision made. Again, the time will vary and depends on visa officer.
In rarest cases they schedule an interview, they are very rare and we have not seen enough cases to conclude anything.

After the final decision has been made, you will receive a passport request (PPR) where you have to submit your passport for stamping and 4 photographs along with it. Your visa will be then stamped with the most awaited maple leaf visa along with CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and you will have to make a first landing before the specified expiry date on CoPR.

Below are the "normal" change of statuses and "general" time period.

1. Application/profile status : Open (Will stay open until a final decision has been made)
2. Review of eligibility : In progress (Mostly it will stay like this until a final decision has been made)
3. Review of Medical results : No needed to Passed (Generally it will take 1 day to 2 months)
4. Review of submitted documents :
No documents required at this time to Requested additional documents (or something like that if they have requested any new documents).
Requested additional documents to Provided (Once they have received the documents they have requested).
No additional documents needed at this time (This will stay like this for rest of your application if they have not requested any additional documents)
5. Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time (Probably will stay like that throughout your application unless you have an schedule interview)
6. A background check is needed : This varies from VO to VO, I am mentioning general trends in statuses
Not needed at this time to Not started to again Not needed at this time to In progress -- This tend is generally for NDVO.
Not needed at this time to In progress : CEC applicants will generally have this status change.
Not started to In progress : Some CEC applicants and other VOs generally have this status change.
Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress : Some people have not started as their initial status and sometimes it will follow like this
Not needed at this time to Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress to Not needed at this time to In progress : Sometimes or generally NDVO follows this trend. Some applicants have noticed this kind of change of statuses. Not need to worry they got their PR after second time it changed to In progress.
In progress to passed : This will happen if you have passed the background check.
7. Final decision : Not started to Decision made -- this will happen after your BG changes to passed.

The above timelines I have outlined are based on hundreds of forum posts and following the general trend. These timeline varies drastically and one can only speculate on it. There is no analytics site that predicts accurate PPR date from AOR even with hundreds of cases on their tracker.

If there is any communication from CIC, any good news or bad news, you will be informed via your my CIC profile. So be sure to check it regularly. Even though they send out e-mail if there has been any changes in our applications, I have seen cases of e-mail not getting delivered to applicant. So be sure to login and check your profile every single day.

I hope you all find this post helpful. Please let me know if there is any information that is wrong or if you have any suggestions.
In addition to that lets be hopeful and post our experience, questions, doubts and answers here in forums and help each other out.

pooja parekh

Jan 31, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th jan 2017
Med's Done....
31st jan
STATUS CHANGED FROM NS TO NN ....07.02.17
HOPE TO CHANGE IN PROCESS SOON...FINGURES CROSSED

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
pooja parekh said:
When did you get AOR?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
pooja parekh said:
13TH JAN 2017
Okay, and are you outland applicant?

aditik15

Jun 28, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-04-2017
A_23aug said:
Hi Still no progress in Medical.....
JAN 5th AOR.....and medical done on 31st Dec 2016. Can some one suggest is this a normal case, I am FSW outland.

Even I'm still waiting dude :'( we should see some progress soon hoping :-X

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
pooja parekh said:
Your huge post is too long and looks pretty correct. Appreciate it as this will help many applicants on this thread.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
pooja parekh said:
Hey guys,
Looks like there has been a lot of confusion about the status changes in the profile and what do they mean.

Let me share some common things I have noticed via many posts on this forum and what do the changes mean. If anyone find any mistake or would like to correct the information provided below, please let me know I will make an update in the edit.

Our files are most likely assigned to nearest Visa offices, people also refer them as Local visa office or LVO. And for particular visa offices they use terms as NDVO (New delhi visa office), MVO (Manilla visa office) and so on... How do they decide to which VO to transfer your file, we are not entirely sure, but most likely to the nearest visa office to your current country of residence.

Following is the process how they access your file after you have submitted e-APR

Steps 1, 2 and 3 can go in parallel, after each one of them are complete 4 and then 5 will follow.
File transfer to Local VO will happen once step 1,2 and 3 are complete. Local VO will take care of steps 4 and 5.

1. Medical will change to passed (if you have passed the medical exam) -- depends on clinic to clinic and country to country, they will check if you don't any serious conditions like HIV, hepatitis and you wont be a burden on their health care initially.
2. R10 (Completeness check) -- they will verify if they have received all the documents, will notify you if you have missed any
3. A11.2 (Analyst Recommendation) -- they will verify if you are actually eligible for the program you have applied under and calculate CRS and if your CRS was above cutoff for that draw.
4. Background check and other formalities and checks -- here they will verify everything that you have mentioned in your application. Travel history, personal history, work history, criminality check etc... This part is time consuming, it if safe to assume that normally it would take anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Although the BG check time varies heavily. May even exceed the 6 months timeline. No one knows for sure how long will it take for your file.
5. Final decision -- I have seen 1 to 7 days after BG check completed to final decision made. Again, the time will vary and depends on visa officer.
In rarest cases they schedule an interview, they are very rare and we have not seen enough cases to conclude anything.

After the final decision has been made, you will receive a passport request (PPR) where you have to submit your passport for stamping and 4 photographs along with it. Your visa will be then stamped with the most awaited maple leaf visa along with CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and you will have to make a first landing before the specified expiry date on CoPR.

Below are the "normal" change of statuses and "general" time period.

1. Application/profile status : Open (Will stay open until a final decision has been made)
2. Review of eligibility : In progress (Mostly it will stay like this until a final decision has been made)
3. Review of Medical results : No needed to Passed (Generally it will take 1 day to 2 months)
4. Review of submitted documents :
No documents required at this time to Requested additional documents (or something like that if they have requested any new documents).
Requested additional documents to Provided (Once they have received the documents they have requested).
No additional documents needed at this time (This will stay like this for rest of your application if they have not requested any additional documents)
5. Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time (Probably will stay like that throughout your application unless you have an schedule interview)
6. A background check is needed : This varies from VO to VO, I am mentioning general trends in statuses
Not needed at this time to Not started to again Not needed at this time to In progress -- This tend is generally for NDVO.
Not needed at this time to In progress : CEC applicants will generally have this status change.
Not started to In progress : Some CEC applicants and other VOs generally have this status change.
Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress : Some people have not started as their initial status and sometimes it will follow like this
Not needed at this time to Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress to Not needed at this time to In progress : Sometimes or generally NDVO follows this trend. Some applicants have noticed this kind of change of statuses. Not need to worry they got their PR after second time it changed to In progress.
In progress to passed : This will happen if you have passed the background check.
7. Final decision : Not started to Decision made -- this will happen after your BG changes to passed.

The above timelines I have outlined are based on hundreds of forum posts and following the general trend. These timeline varies drastically and one can only speculate on it. There is no analytics site that predicts accurate PPR date from AOR even with hundreds of cases on their tracker.

If there is any communication from CIC, any good news or bad news, you will be informed via your my CIC profile. So be sure to check it regularly. Even though they send out e-mail if there has been any changes in our applications, I have seen cases of e-mail not getting delivered to applicant. So be sure to login and check your profile every single day.

I hope you all find this post helpful. Please let me know if there is any information that is wrong or if you have any suggestions.
In addition to that lets be hopeful and post our experience, questions, doubts and answers here in forums and help each other out.
very informative post +1 thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pooja parekh said:
Hey guys,

pooja parekh,

I appreciate you sharing it here but henceforth, kindly give credit to the person who created the content (in this case, the person who "actually" wrote the post). Thanks.

This was originally written by ashpkgo70

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-eapr-submitted-in-november-2016-t459415.0.html;msg5619049#msg5619049

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rajkamalmohanram said:
pooja parekh,

I appreciate you sharing it here but henceforth, kindly give credit to the person who created the content (in this case, the person who "actually" wrote the post). Thanks.

This was originally written by ashpkgo70

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-eapr-submitted-in-november-2016-t459415.0.html;msg5619049#msg5619049
Oh....copy cat.....this is not fair. Good observation Raj.
I have saved a few responses to key questions from Asivad.
I have used those to help others on this forum, but I have always mentioned Asivad's name for those posts as he gets the credit for it, not me. I just get the credit for sharing that post, that's it.

Hope people will be more careful with this matter in future.