+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Are you FSW-OUTLAND? My file is still in Sydney,Nova Scotia too. Its almost a month now.

Catie1989 said:
Isn't it all so poopy? So frustrating, you think it's gone to the next stage but nope.

Our email read:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Gisele
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca GO14051

Martin_Tony

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi what is the difference between "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." and " Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check" in BG?

taffarel

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Jan 15th
Meds passed (beginning Feb)
BG was IP and got Schedule A on Feb 24
Submitted Schedule A on Fe1b 27
BG to NA. No updates since. :(

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Martin_Tony said:
hi what is the difference between "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." and " Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check" in BG?
Theoretically, there is some difference which is self explanatory. As far as CIC concerned, it is one type of BG status / stage that each applicant should undergo. During this process, CIC will validate R10, Criminal checks etc
Once they are done, they will change to Not applicable. CEC Inlands, whoever submit RCMP upfront they will get this status (Next step to conduct BG check) and for others they will display "we are processing back ground check".

Hope it clarifies your query. :)

creole

Jan 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got a request for an additional document... I uploaded it right away.

Today my medical exam switched to 'passed' and under background check I have "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". The review of additional documents is still "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

Does all of this sound ok?

Martin_Tony

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baji81 said:
Theoretically, there is some difference which is self explanatory. As far as CIC concerned, it is one type of BG status / stage that each applicant should undergo. During this process, CIC will validate R10, Criminal checks etc
Once they are done, they will change to Not applicable. CEC Inlands, whoever submit RCMP upfront they will get this status (Next step to conduct BG check) and for others they will display "we are processing back ground check".

Hope it clarifies your query. :)
thanks

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
creole said:
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got a request for an additional document... I uploaded it right away.

Today my medical exam switched to 'passed' and under background check I have "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". The review of additional documents is still "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

Does all of this sound ok?
Yes, it is normal. Nothing to worry.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
ram_huo said:
What is on your Background Baji81.
Are you looking for my BG status?

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I was wondering about what kinda role does the Local Visa offer play in finalising our applications? I have heard R10 and A11 is done at the Central Intake Office like Sydney, Nova Scotia and once complete the file gets transferred to LVO for final decision. So, is LVO just sending out PPR emails or they do some processing also?

Yardley

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
6/01/2017
Doc's Request.
17/03/2017 (RCMP)
AOR Received.
07/01/2017
Passport Req..
18-04-2017
Current status of my application

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents. ( RCMP Criminal Record Check )
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check.We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Friends :) :)

Finally, after spending 70 bleak days since aor, I get these updates. I am bit surprised to see why CIC is asking for RCMP. However, i am not sure if they usually ask criminal record report for federal skilled workers.

Guys what you think how many days it will take to see PPR.

I have not paid RPRF upfront.

Best wishes for all of you

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
mohitmalhotr44 said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering about what kinda role does the Local Visa offer play in finalising our applications? I have heard R10 and A11 is done at the Central Intake Office like Sydney, Nova Scotia and once complete the file gets transferred to LVO for final decision. So, is LVO just sending out PPR emails or they do some processing also?
I found something in the forum which explains the entire process. Hope this explains your question :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GCMS Notes received after PPR was issued that explains my processing timeline from AOR to PPR
I ordered my GCMS notes for the first time on the day my application turned 5 months old, in order to receive it when the processing time becomes 6 so I would understand why it may pass the 6 months threshold. With Allah mighty blessings, I received my PPR 10 days later. The notes where issued the day before my PPR email was sent out, but it contains all the exact information required.

timeline on MyCIC
2015/07/17: ITA
2015/09/10: Submission of eAPR
2015/09/11: AOR
2015/12/18: Medical: Passed / Background Check: In progress
2015/12/22: Background Check: Not needed at this time
2016/02/14: Background Check: In progress
2016/02/15: RPRF request / paid
2016/02/19: PPR email (received it 3 days later, thanks to my lawyer)

Actual timeline from GCMS notes

2015/12/18: SUPPORT AGENT REVIEW: Preparing application for R10, Medicals: PASSED- Attaching my lawyer as a representative - Checking ECA is available - Checking IELTS - Requesting verification of Education - Funds - PCC - RCMP Check initiated
2015/12/19: AGENT REVIEW: R10 OK - PCCs OK - Education verified on WES - Criminality: PASSED
2015/12/22: AGENT REVIEW: Work experiences match proposed NOC - Reference Letters are verified - FSW and CRS scores are OK - Confirmation of marriage documents - Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS - Security check: REQUESTED
File transfer from CIO to CPC Ottawa - Workload redistribution
2016/02/14: OFFICER REVIEW: Confirm intention to reside in XXXX - Security Check: PASSED - Eligibility: PASSED - PR Application: ACCEPTED - RPRF : OUTSTANDING
Counterfoil: In Printing Queue
COPR: In Printing Queue
2016/02/15: OUTGOING MAIL: RPRF request
2016/02/16: INCOMING MAIL: RPRF Paid
- If your RPRF wasn't paid upfront, and you receive a request in a later stage (4 months or more), this is definitely a great sign of application acceptance.
- My application was literally untouched for 13 months post to AOR then most of the checks were done in a span of 5 days!
- IRCC work a lot on weekends, if you check the dates, you'll find a lot of Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are 3 types of reviewing personal: Support Agent, Agent and Officer. I assume the rank is ascending, and an Officer is the one deciding the fate of an application.
- Security Checks are the most time consuming elements of an application. After further research on Google and the forum, CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) receives a request from IRCC to conduct a Security Background check on all applicants 18 years and over towards CSIS databases, such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS also send requests to all intelligence agencies of all the countries you live in for 6 months or more. This is done as part of a global information sharing protocol (reference and confirmation is in research)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Yardley said:
Current status of my application

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents - We need additional documents. ( RCMP Criminal Record Check )
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check.We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Friends :) :)

Finally, after spending 70 bleak days since aor, I get these updates. I am bit surprised to see why CIC is asking for RCMP. However, i am not sure if they usually ask criminal record report for federal skilled workers.

Guys what you think how many days it will take to see PPR.

I have not paid RPRF upfront.

Best wishes for all of you
Congrats and all the best with the rest of the process :)

francfol

Mar 16, 2017
harmanm said:
Hi Everybody

Here is my timeline

CEC Applicant
ITA: 22nd Dec,2016
AOR: 7th Jan,2017
Medicals Passed: 8th March
Visa office : Vegreville

here is the current status of my application

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Background check - Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.

Do you guys know how Vegreville visa office is doing? i am surprised i have not seen anybody with Vegreville visa office...
Please how do you know your VO is Vegreville?

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baji81 said:
I found something in the forum which explains the entire process. Hope this explains your question :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GCMS Notes received after PPR was issued that explains my processing timeline from AOR to PPR
I ordered my GCMS notes for the first time on the day my application turned 5 months old, in order to receive it when the processing time becomes 6 so I would understand why it may pass the 6 months threshold. With Allah mighty blessings, I received my PPR 10 days later. The notes where issued the day before my PPR email was sent out, but it contains all the exact information required.

timeline on MyCIC
2015/12/18: Medical: Passed / Background Check: In progress
2015/12/22: Background Check: Not needed at this time
2016/02/14: Background Check: In progress
2016/02/15: RPRF request / paid
2016/02/19: PPR email (received it 3 days later, thanks to my lawyer)

Actual timeline from GCMS notes

2015/12/18: SUPPORT AGENT REVIEW: Preparing application for R10, Medicals: PASSED- Attaching my lawyer as a representative - Checking ECA is available - Checking IELTS - Requesting verification of Education - Funds - PCC - RCMP Check initiated
2015/12/19: AGENT REVIEW: R10 OK - PCCs OK - Education verified on WES - Criminality: PASSED
2015/12/22: AGENT REVIEW: Work experiences match proposed NOC - Reference Letters are verified - FSW and CRS scores are OK - Confirmation of marriage documents - Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS - Security check: REQUESTED
File transfer from CIO to CPC Ottawa - Workload redistribution
2016/02/14: OFFICER REVIEW: Confirm intention to reside in XXXX - Security Check: PASSED - Eligibility: PASSED - PR Application: ACCEPTED - RPRF : OUTSTANDING
Counterfoil: In Printing Queue
COPR: In Printing Queue
2016/02/15: OUTGOING MAIL: RPRF request
2016/02/16: INCOMING MAIL: RPRF Paid
- If your RPRF wasn't paid upfront, and you receive a request in a later stage (4 months or more), this is definitely a great sign of application acceptance.
- My application was literally untouched for 13 months post to AOR then most of the checks were done in a span of 5 days!
- IRCC work a lot on weekends, if you check the dates, you'll find a lot of Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are 3 types of reviewing personal: Support Agent, Agent and Officer. I assume the rank is ascending, and an Officer is the one deciding the fate of an application.
- Security Checks are the most time consuming elements of an application. After further research on Google and the forum, CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) receives a request from IRCC to conduct a Security Background check on all applicants 18 years and over towards CSIS databases, such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS also send requests to all intelligence agencies of all the countries you live in for 6 months or more. This is done as part of a global information sharing protocol (reference and confirmation is in research)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bro, thanks a lot. this is very informative. Just one thing, looking at your GCMS notes it seems that the support agent and agent at Central intake office complete majority of the work i.e. R10 and A11. Once complete, the file is transferred to LVO for verification/review and confirmation/acceptance by the officer. It seems the majority of the work is done at the central intake office. What do you think? Correct me if I am wrong.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
mohitmalhotr44 said:
Bro, thanks a lot. this is very informative. Just one thing, looking at your GCMS notes it seems that the support agent and agent at Central intake office complete majority of the work i.e. R10 and A11. Once complete, the file is transferred to LVO for verification/review and confirmation/acceptance by the officer. It seems the majority of the work is done at the central intake office. What do you think? Correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah, I agree with you. Btw these are not my notes. Somebody posted in the past. Just gathered here for everyone's reference. If you observed these notes after BGC Not needed /Not Applicable to In progress , CIC officers are waiting for Security clearance before their final decision. Most of us are worried why officers are taking this long. In fact, they also depends on someone else to get the Security clearance for us. :)