+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

Mike-D

Dec 21, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm a CEC outland applicant from India. My AOR was on Jan 19th and BG changed from 'in progress' to 'Not applicable' on March 15th.

I e-mailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa and received a response "Your application is currently being processed in the Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia."

I was under the impression that my file would be transferred to NDVO for processing since i'm an outland applicant residing in India. Please advise if this is still normal? Where would I send in my passport if I receive PPR e-mail from CPC - Sydney, NS?
And if anyone has an idea of what the timeline is at CPC - Sydney, NS please let me know, that would help greatly, thanks!

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Mike-D said:
Hey guys,

I'm a CEC outland applicant from India. My AOR was on Jan 19th and BG changed from 'in progress' to 'Not applicable' on March 15th.

I e-mailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa and received a response "Your application is currently being processed in the Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia."

I was under the impression that my file would be transferred to NDVO for processing since i'm an outland applicant residing in India. Please advise if this is still normal? Where would I send in my passport if I receive PPR e-mail from CPC - Sydney, NS?
And if anyone has an idea of what the timeline is at CPC - Sydney, NS please let me know, that would help greatly, thanks!
hey Mike congratulations, I guess PPR for u round the corner

it is normal that they process ur application at sydney, NS but u have to send ur passport to NDVO, India for visa stamping as right now u r in India...

it is not clear how much time CPC takes for final result but it should be quicker for sure than local VO

ankitrdeo

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Hi Mike,

How much time did it take for CPC-CTD to reply back to you. I am an FSW Outland applicant from India.

Thanks,

AD

Mike-D said:
Hey guys,

scottEngland

Mar 9, 2017
My spouse and I are just waiting on our COPR (PPR package is currently at the London office) and I have a question.

I sponsored her on the application so will we need to arrive in Canada together? We may want to arrive a week apart from one another and I am just wondering if this would be a problem...?

Any help would be really appreciated!

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
My AOR was on Jan. 31, 2017. I am a FSW Outland, and i requested yesterday to know the visa office in charge of my application. The response is as below:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is being processed in Ottawa.

Regards,"

I am wondering if my application would not be moved to my Local Visa office, or could it be it is yet to be moved?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It might be not yet moved but it can also be, that they have kept it still in the CIO for some reason.

malican

May 24, 2016
scottEngland said:
My spouse and I are just waiting on our COPR (PPR package is currently at the London office) and I have a question.

I sponsored her on the application so will we need to arrive in Canada together? We may want to arrive a week apart from one another and I am just wondering if this would be a problem...?

That is fine but you must be the person to land first.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scottEngland said:

The dependent applicant cannot land before the principal applicant

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
babamia said:
My AOR was on Jan. 31, 2017. I am a FSW Outland, and i requested yesterday to know the visa office in charge of my application. The response is as below:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is being processed in Ottawa.

Regards,"

I am wondering if my application would not be moved to my Local Visa office, or could it be it is yet to be moved?
What is your BG status? Did you track the status?

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Mike-D said:
Hey guys,

Based on the threads, I understood that CIO Sydney, NS is the first office where our medical, R10, criminal checks etc. are validated. Once our documents satisfy the requirements, they will promote to LVO ( Local Visa Office) for eligibility assessments and final decision. Since your application is still at CIO OFFICE, I don't think they have started eligibility assessment. Btw, when did you receive the email response from CPC-CTD office. If it is March 15 th, then it make sense that your BG status changed to NA and, your application is ready for next stage.
You may need to wait for couple more weeks for the next BG change followed by PPR:)

All the best.

Mike-D

Dec 21, 2015
montu1083 said:
hey Mike congratulations, I guess PPR for u round the corner

it is normal that they process ur application at sydney, NS but u have to send ur passport to NDVO, India for visa stamping as right now u r in India...

it is not clear how much time CPC takes for final result but it should be quicker for sure than local VO
Okay, thanks so much for the info :)

Mike-D

Dec 21, 2015
ankitrdeo said:
Hi Mike,

How much time did it take for CPC-CTD to reply back to you. I am an FSW Outland applicant from India.

Thanks,

AD
Hey Ankit,

I e-mailed them on March 15th as soon as i saw my BG status change from in progress to NA - they responded today i.e., March 17th, so about 48 hrs!

Mike-D

Dec 21, 2015
Baji81 said:
Based on the threads, I understood that CIO Sydney, NS is the first office where our medical, R10, criminal checks etc. are validated. Once our documents satisfy the requirements, they will promote to LVO ( Local Visa Office) for eligibility assessments and final decision. Since your application is still at CIO OFFICE, I don't think they have started eligibility assessment. Btw, when did you receive the email response from CPC-CTD office. If it is March 15 th, then it make sense that your BG status changed to NA and, your application is ready for next stage.
You may need to wait for couple more weeks for the next BG change followed by PPR:)

All the best.
Hey Baji81,

I'm not sure if CIO and CPC are different offices and whether the file progresses from one office to another (example CIO to CPC at some stage). My first e-mail to them was on March 1st and they responded saying my file is still at CIO, within 24 hrs.

I sent them another email on March 15th after seeing the change in my BG status and received a reply on March 17th that it is at CPC - Sydey, NS.

Going by the trend for CEC applicants, my BG should change to in progress once more before a decision is made.

ankitrdeo

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Hi Guys,

Any FSW Outland application waiting for the BG to start. My current status says 'Your application is in Progress, the next step is BG Check'. Is anyone with same stream waiting.

AOR: 4th Jan, 2017
Medicals Passed
Additional Documents Submitted: 18th Feb, 2017

Also, any idea when can i expect PPR request? I have emailed CPC yesterday asking them about my VISA OFFICE.

Your insights might help :)

Cheers,

Ankit