Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Freedom2016 said:
Meaning your file is probably still at CIO Sydney.
Since you emailed CPC, they are telling you it will be processed in their office.
No, I think it means it's at Ottawa? everyone else who asked was told their application will be processed by Nova Scotia was told that in the email, so I think it means all my processing is taking place in Ottawa, if that makes sense?

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
No, I think it means it's at Ottawa? everyone else who asked was told their application will be processed by Nova Scotia was told that in the email, so I think it means all my processing is taking place in Ottawa, if that makes sense?
CPC is in Ottawa.lol

Applications first go to CIO which is where they do R10 and A11.2 checks after which they transfer to the LVO where your file will be finalized.

I am guessing you are CEC inland? which is probably why it will be finalized @CPC Ottawa.
From your AOR date, your app is probably still at CIO.

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
emmn1003 said:
Congratulations Babynoufette.
Please what does it mean for BG to change from Not Started ......to .... Not Needed at this time?
Does it mean that they already working on it?
If that is the case
What is the different between BG : In Process and Not Needed at this time?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Freedom2016 said:
CPC is in Ottawa.lol

Applications first go to CIO which is where they do R10 and A11.2 checks after which they transfer to the LVO where your file will be finalized.

I am guessing you are CEC inland? which is probably why it will be finalized @CPC Ottawa.
even with BG IP? I thought at that point it was with Ottawa

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
even with BG IP? I thought at that point it was with Ottawa
For cec inland background change to in process 2 times.
From what I gather seems your R10 and A11.2 checks are in process. Once that is done your a BC will change.
Which is when they transfer your file to CPC.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Freedom2016 said:
CPC is in Ottawa.lol

CPC is also in Sydney, I received the below email

Dear XXX,

Your application is being processed in Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Regard

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
3800 more invites. CIC going nuts :p

jodi1526

Jul 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

FSW- OINP- Outland
AOR 17th Jan
Meds Passed Beginning of Feb (Sorry don't note down the dates)

My background check changed to not started along with my meds, but I haven't heard a dicky bird since then. Yesterday I got a message for additional documents (explanation letter for a caution that my husband received when he was 19).

I noticed at the bottom of the letter, that this was sent from my local visa office (London), instead of Ottawa. Ive been waiting for my background check to change to In Progress for weeks and must check at least 5 times per day. I've tried to limit myself to once.....not possible.

Having read through all your notes, the eligibility and R10 are done in Canada, before its passed to LVO for final background checks. This must mean that even though I have received no update to my account, my background check is actually in progress if my LVO is checking this?

Im asking the questions, mainly to gauge your opinions, but also if this is the case it provides some hope for people who havent had any updates recently.

:)

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandra415 said:
CPC is also in Sydney, I received the below email

Dear XXX,

Your application is being processed in Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Regard
Really! Good to know had no idea. Thought CIO was the one in Sydney. Especially since CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca is the popular email we send questions and receive answers from.

But for MTC1992 his file will be processed in CPC Ottawa once it has been transferred.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Freedom2016 said:
Really! Good to know had no idea. Thought CIO was the one in Sydney. Especially since CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca is the popular email we send questions and receive answers from.

But for MTC1992 his file will be processed in CPC Ottawa once it has been transferred.
That's what I was saying freedom, if they know where my application is going to be processed (as other option could be nova scotia) does that not mean it's with them already?

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Bookerteee said:
Please what does it mean for BG to change from Not Started ......to .... Not Needed at this time?
Does it mean that they already working on it?
If that is the case
What is the different between BG : In Process and Not Needed at this time?
According to what i read on this forum, when BG goes Back to Not needed from Not started, that means that all the first checks are done (R10 and A11.2) and your application is ready to move at the local VO for finalization.

When your background check will start (or will be in process), your BG will be In process.

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
That's what I was saying freedom, if they know where my application is going to be processed (as other option could be nova scotia) does that not mean it's with them already?
It is easy for them to know where it will be processed. It's an online thing they can check these details easy!
I honestly do not think it is with them yet. But at the same time we never can tell this people work in mysterious ways!

But from the email, I gather that your app will be processed there but not there yet.

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
jodi1526 said:
Hi Guys,

FSW- OINP- Outland
AOR 17th Jan
Meds Passed Beginning of Feb (Sorry don't note down the dates)

My background check changed to not started along with my meds, but I haven't heard a dicky bird since then. Yesterday I got a message for additional documents (explanation letter for a caution that my husband received when he was 19).

I noticed at the bottom of the letter, that this was sent from my local visa office (London), instead of Ottawa. Ive been waiting for my background check to change to In Progress for weeks and must check at least 5 times per day. I've tried to limit myself to once.....not possible.

Having read through all your notes, the eligibility and R10 are done in Canada, before its passed to LVO for final background checks. This must mean that even though I have received no update to my account, my background check is actually in progress if my LVO is checking this?

Im asking the questions, mainly to gauge your opinions, but also if this is the case it provides some hope for people who havent had any updates recently.

:)
I think you BG check has definitly stated. I read a gcms note (posted last month in the whatsapp group) where the BG changed IP when the BG check was actually completed and the RPFR was ready to be sent.

PAVANVARMA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
one quick ? guys,

yesterday evening I changed my college name and submitted.

all the files are transmitted and my profile is activated from yesterday evening itself.

Today draw happened!

will I get ITA or not?Huh

anyone has this issue before?? Please help me

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Jodi1526

Good to have you here. Excited to see another applicant with London as visa office.

I have heard nothing from London office. It is great to see that they are working on January applicants.

I think background check starts immediately we clear R10 and A12.2 checks. I will confirm this when I receive my gcms notes.

Please do keep us updated with your application progress.