17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
I can say in my case:
My spouse was requested to do RCMP
We didn't pay RPRF FEES upfront plus
We reused medicals which expired but has now been extended.
These are three things I believed caused the delay cos the 26th of May was my last update and it's no coincidence that was the day other 2 FSW INLAND Feb 10 AOR got their PPR. The officer probably got to my file on that day and realizes I wasn't ready.
Looking at ur last update too, it's possible that 15th of May was the day your other AOR mates got PPR too
I paid RPRF upfront... No RCMP request too.. I don't know why secutiry check is taking more than two months time...

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
So my BG was IP2 for almost 2 months now and today I received email from CPC Ottawa that my application needs "additional verifications".

this I understand means security screenings. And so I need to now also join a different group on this forum...:(

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
So my BG was IP2 for almost 2 months now and today I received email from CPC Ottawa that my application needs "additional verifications".

this I understand means security screenings. And so I need to now also join a different group on this forum...:(
Hi, it's really frustrating to receive such messages after such a long waiting and that too on IP2. But was wondering whether you received a message in mycic that your case need additional processing or the standard email which Ottawa sends out when asking for an update. I feel the emails from Ottawa cannot be trusted until supported by some activity in GCMS notes. I hope it is all sorted out quickly for you.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

I recommend ordering GCMS notes if not done already.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi, it's really frustrating to receive such messages after such a long waiting and that too on IP2. But was wondering whether you received a message in mycic that your case need additional processing or the standard email which Ottawa sends out when asking for an update. I feel the emails from Ottawa cannot be trusted until supported by some activity in GCMS notes. I hope it is all sorted out quickly for you.

I sent an email a few days ago to CPC Ottawa to know my application status. Interesting when you say "emails from Ottawa cannot be trusted until supported by some activity in GCMS notes". Why so?

But yeah it is rather not happy news...and more so considering I didn't take up a job since a few months now hoping for this PR to come in the meantime...:rolleyes:

kintairos

Nov 23, 2016
Hey all, glad/not glad to see that I'm not the only applicant from february still waiting for CIC to process my background check...
last update on my account was mid may, so far not a peep from CIC. It became routine to check my email every hour to see if I'm not missing any email from cic, followed by login into my account :(

Bwixtwix

Jun 25, 2017
Hi All!

Just got a job offer but I haven't received the PR yet so wondering if any of you know where I am at in this process. I got AOR Feb 19th and my current status is copied below. What are the next steps....will the next update and email message be acceptance or are there more steps to wait for after that? Please dont use abbreviations cause I dont know them all. Thanks all!

Where is this application?
Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey all, glad/not glad to see that I'm not the only applicant from february still waiting for CIC to process my background check...
last update on my account was mid may, so far not a peep from CIC. It became routine to check my email every hour to see if I'm not missing any email from cic, followed by login into my account :(
"At once it struck me, what quality went to form a Man of Achievement, especially in literature, and which Shakespeare possessed so enormously- I mean Negative Capability, that is when man is capable of being in uncertainties. Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason." (John Keats)

Reactions: kintairos

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi All!

Just got a job offer but I haven't received the PR yet so wondering if any of you know where I am at in this process. I got AOR Feb 19th and my current status is copied below. What are the next steps....will the next update and email message be acceptance or are there more steps to wait for after that? Please dont use abbreviations cause I dont know them all. Thanks all!

Where is this application?
Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Not applicable. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I think the next step is for your background check to become IP2 (in progress for second time). then depending upon your application it will take from two days to a few months to get the PPR.

usually after IP2 people get PPR email in a maximum of a month or two. but if your file is complicated (there could be different reasons) then it could take a few months.

just tried to give you a broad picture. let's hope you get it soon. cheers

anup_abc

Star Member
May 16, 2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
Exactly 2 months today since BG changed to IP2....... I had been informed via Email that my application has been approved a month ago, also i called CIC about a week ago and the agent also told me that my application has been approved and all i need to do now is wait patiently..... 11 Days left to hit the 6 months mark after AOR....... Don't know what is causing the delay.......

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Exactly 2 months today since BG changed to IP2....... I had been informed via Email that my application has been approved a month ago, also i called CIC about a week ago and the agent also told me that my application has been approved and all i need to do now is wait patiently..... 11 Days left to hit the 6 months mark after AOR....... Don't know what is causing the delay.......
if it is already approved then the only reason for delay could be cic internal process. anyways you can look forward to this email very soon :)

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That's really weird. Hope you the best, please keep informing us.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Which is your VO? Fswo or some other category?