+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

demo213

Jun 9, 2017
OK,

So PPR stands for Proof of Permanent Residence.

IP1, IP2, NA.....bla bla bla, just tell your sit position in the waiting room.....and it appears you are next to the front line (by the way, you're currently NA)

VO - Visa Office processing your application

Question about how much longer? Well, no one can frankly answer that. By the way its still less than 6months just like many of us so....., just wait.

Hi All!

New to this thread and group. Due to this I am unaware of all the abbreviations used in the thread (VO, IP2...). Would anyone be able to tell me where I am at in this process by looking at the following information from the site when I logged on today? I am applying from outside Canada from the US under express entry and received an ITA after getting an Ontario nomination. I got my AOR February 19, 2017. I and my wife (dependant) have our UCI #s. She is a Canadian-born citizen however I was told she still had to be filed as dependent...seems ridiculous lol but at this time it says the following when I login:

Application/profile details
Where is this application? Details Help
Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

How much longer do you think before I get my PR....what is the PPR people keep referring to in these posts?

Thanks,

Brett

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hi All!

New to this thread and group. Due to this I am unaware of all the abbreviations used in the thread (VO, IP2...). Would anyone be able to tell me where I am at in this process by looking at the following information from the site when I logged on today? I am applying from outside Canada from the US under express entry and received an ITA after getting an Ontario nomination. I got my AOR February 19, 2017. I and my wife (dependant) have our UCI #s. She is a Canadian-born citizen however I was told she still had to be filed as dependent...seems ridiculous lol but at this time it says the following when I login:

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

How much longer do you think before I get my PR....what is the PPR people keep referring to in these posts?

Thanks,

Brett
We share same timeline and stream.

VO - visa office
IP2 - when your background status reads 'we are processing your background
check'. This denotes you are quite close to PPR (Passport request)

Next background status should be ip2 after NA

Bwixtwix

Jun 25, 2017
We share same timeline and stream.

VO - visa office
IP2 - when your background status reads 'we are processing your background
check'. This denotes you are quite close to PPR (Passport request)

Next background status should be ip2 after NA

Ok thanks!
Why do they need my passport if I already uploaded the photos with my application...dont they already have that.

Bwixtwix

Jun 25, 2017
OK,

So PPR stands for Proof of Permanent Residence.

IP1, IP2, NA.....bla bla bla, just tell your sit position in the waiting room.....and it appears you are next to the front line (by the way, you're currently NA)

VO - Visa Office processing your application

Question about how much longer? Well, no one can frankly answer that. By the way its still less than 6months just like many of us so....., just wait.

Ok Thank you for the information...I realize it is within the 6 months I just wanted to see where everyone was getting this information on where they were in the process. I figured my background check was NA since I had to get police reports for the application from the government already.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Ha Ha Ha

As per the trend, my personal opinion though, majority of PNP Outland applicants get change in BG check on Monday and rest of the week those selected candidates get processed along with other streams.

Let's wait to notice the change in queue to move further........from 3rd Feb.

Good Luck All.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi All!

Application status:

Thanks,

Brett

PPR -> Passport Request. This is when CIC emails you and asks for your passport. When you get this email (also called the "golden email"), you know that your application has been approved, and you are pretty much guaranteed to get the PR. On average, it takes about 10 business days to get the passport back with the single entry immigrant visa and your CORP (explained below). If you are from a visa exempt country (US citizens, for e.g), it's even easier as you don't need to send CIC your passport - you just need to send them a photocopy.

COPR -> Confirmation of Permanent Residence. This is the document that you need to enter Canada as a Permanent Resident for the first time.

As a provincial nominee, you're looking at at least 6 months - the PNP-O (Provincial Nominee Program-Outland) stream seems to be the slowest moving for some reason. If you pop into the January AOR thread, you'll see people who submitted in Jan beginning to get it now. I would expect to wait another month or so.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Ok thanks!
Why do they need my passport if I already uploaded the photos with my application...dont they already have that.
Passport request is to stamp your Canadian PR visa once you get PR

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
I am gonna be 30 days at IP2 tomorrow. Wow, it feels like reaching some milestone. Only that, usually, we all would prefer a shortcut in this case.

Sam872

Mar 22, 2017
CEC Inland Applicant .
AOR-FEB 28
BOWP Applied -Feb 28
Additional Document Request (IELTS )-23 (Submitted Sameday)
Medicals Passed-March 24
BACKGROUND -IP 1 (We are Processing )
April 11-BOWP (ONHOLD)
April 27 -RCMP Request
May 11 -Submitted RCMP Certificate
Background status has not chnaged from IP1 .
June 8 -PPR Email
June 12- Passport Sent
June 21 - Application Approved on CIC Account
June 23 -Return Tracker Activated
June 26- Received the Passport (Landing Sameday )

Officially Permanent Resident of Canada:) .

Thanks to each and every one in the Group for your Support .
Patience played a vital Role in this Journey:) .Hope everyone will receive their PPR soon .
Special Thanks to RG and Andy for their continued Support .

Reactions: mamgain

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
CEC Inland Applicant .
AOR-FEB 28
BOWP Applied -Feb 28
Additional Document Request (IELTS )-23 (Submitted Sameday)
Medicals Passed-March 24
BACKGROUND -IP 1 (We are Processing )
April 11-BOWP (ONHOLD)
April 27 -RCMP Request
May 11 -Submitted RCMP Certificate
Background status has not chnaged from IP1 .
June 8 -PPR Email
June 12- Passport Sent
June 21 - Application Approved on CIC Account
June 23 -Return Tracker Activated
June 26- Received the Passport (Landing Sameday )

Officially Permanent Resident of Canada:) .

Thanks to each and every one in the Group for your Support .
Patience played a vital Role in this Journey:) .Hope everyone will receive their PPR soon .
Special Thanks to RG and Andy for their continued Support .
how do you feel now? I ask because it feels good to rejoice with you. and also because I know such an event could trigger myriad ways of exuberance in our brains. for instance, do you feel like jumping on a big bed / trampoline while grinning from ear to ear? or would you like to share something totally cool with us?

Reactions: Ca2022