Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
By pre-approved what I meant is, they already have done an initial screening/verification for allowing that applicant to live in their province.
May it's just a trend for now as you said. Let's see...
IRCC has the exclusive authority on whom to grant PR and whom not to.

It is important to understand that while Immigration is a federal subject, on which the federal government has complete control, the federal government has given certain privileges to Provinces to attract prospective immigrants to those provinces. PNP, is a part of that deal. However, even when a province nominates a prospective immigrant, it is the federal government through IRCC, which will make a final decision in whether to approve it or not.

There has been a case where a province nominated an applicant, but the IRCC refused his application citing concerns on his intent to settle in that province. The court held that it was the sole prerogative of the IRCC to make a decision and the Province can only nominate, but not have a final say on whom to admit and whom not to. This is why IRCC will ask for settlement plans from some PNP applicants to ensure that they are not using PNP as a means to seek in. (See Deol v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 1147; and Noreen v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 1169).

For a more better understanding of PNP see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-pnp-its-obligation-to-live-in-province-and-pr-status.502209/

Reactions: Canbaby and Mthornt

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
By pre-approved what I meant is, they already have done an initial screening/verification for allowing that applicant to live in their province.
May it's just a trend for now as you said. Let's see...
Trend has been like this for almost a year now. Starting from September 2016.

PNP Taking the longest, averaging out 5 months. Some waiting for 10+ months.

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
IRCC has the exclusive authority on whom to grant PR and whom not to.

It is important to understand that while Immigration is a federal subject, on which the federal government has complete control, the federal government has given certain privileges to Provinces to attract prospective immigrants to those provinces. PNP, is a part of that deal. However, even when a province nominates a prospective immigrant, it is the federal government through IRCC, which will make a final decision in whether to approve it or not.

There has been a case where a province nominated an applicant, but the IRCC refused his application citing concerns on his intent to settle in that province. The court held that it was the sole prerogative of the IRCC to make a decision and the Province can only nominate, but not have a final say on whom to admit and whom not to. This is why IRCC will ask for settlement plans from some PNP applicants to ensure that they are not using PNP as a means to seek in. (See Deol v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 1147; and Noreen v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 1169).

For a more better understanding of PNP see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-pnp-its-obligation-to-live-in-province-and-pr-status.502209/
Another good explanation. I completely agree with you. Federal will still have to do a thorough check on how the nomination was achieved.

Reactions: Canbaby

FSWO_add

May 2, 2017
Have they moved your file to London before your ordered for the first GCMS? What does your file say about Eligibility? I am guessing agent should have given recommendation before file is being transferred to London.

Looks like that is what happened. It says eligibility not started but as you read through the notes you see multiple checks with 'Candidate - Passed" under eligibility.

FSWO_add

May 2, 2017
Can you tell the exact date your note was printed after ordering it. Seems some get printed immediately you order them. Hence, you don't get updated on what might have happened the period it took before you eventually got it.
Notes got printed 25th May. I ordered in the first week of May and received them on the first week of June

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Notes got printed 25th May. I ordered in the first week of May and received them on the first week of June
Thanks a lot. This explains a lot of things. I hope by the time you receive the next one there would be some reasonable positive movements.

Reactions: FSWO_add

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Looks like that is what happened. It says eligibility not started but as you read through the notes you see multiple checks with 'Candidate - Passed" under eligibility.
Do you have an idea when your file was moved to London? Was it recorded in the GCMS notes. Sorry for asking so many questions.

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ All the experts! I have been in IP2 since June 13th and still waiting.... I saw that CIC has started to call people's employers to get the reference letter verified. I worked at a large bank and it was really a huge struggle to even get the reference letter. In the end it worked out but the bank mentioned that if someone calls they are not allowed to give any information through the phone. So now I'm thinking, if CIC calls my employer and they refuse giving any information or confirmation, would that be a problem? Or what would happen in that case?

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi all,,

My AOR is 21 feb and my status has been stuck at next step is BCs.( med pass 2 apr).

Is there any chance that i have paaswd R10 by now? Or they havent even looked at my file yet.

Varun Singhal

Sep 20, 2015
Can anyone share the timelines the complete process takes as i have applied for the PR on 8th Feb-17 after paying the complete fees and the expected time shown to process my application was 50 Days. But already 130+ days have passed and the application is still under process. Last update was UCI no. was updated in my profile around 20 days back. BG check - NA, Rewiew of additional Documents - "The additional documents you provided are being rewiewed". Please guide on the timelines in case anyone has received the PR.

Regards,
Varun Singhal

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
@ All the experts! I have been in IP2 since June 13th and still waiting.... I saw that CIC has started to call people's employers to get the reference letter verified. I worked at a large bank and it was really a huge struggle to even get the reference letter. In the end it worked out but the bank mentioned that if someone calls they are not allowed to give any information through the phone. So now I'm thinking, if CIC calls my employer and they refuse giving any information or confirmation, would that be a problem? Or what would happen in that case?
Worst case scenario..you may be called up for an interview with IRCC