Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Hey, I sent a message to you with some questions, would appreciate it if you could take a look? Thanks.
Hey Lucas, sorry wasn't paying attention to the little red number :p message replied.
Thanks!

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Thank you Legalfalcon!

I am no political expert but my understanding is that Canadian provincial governments are not necessarily subordinated to the federal government, but rather are considered co-sovereign.

PNP nominees are by no means already partially verified/ approved under the IRCC point of view. You show your interest to reside in a certain province so the province will nominate you - it is one of the ways to be qualified to enter the pool. Once you are in the pool and invited to apply, IRCC probably aren't too concerned with your stream but rather to focus on verifying your application. Please keep in mind that federal and province don't necessarily share or have access to the same information, therefore the need for IRCC to do their own verifying work.
Using a real-life example, I see it as some high school graduates go directly to university; some go into an associate degree program first then switch to university. There is no one way better than the others but choose the one that best suits your needs and situation.

Another conspiracy of mine is that people who directly apply to federal (CEC & FSW) meet the 'needs' of federal development of the country, whereas PNP meet only the needs of provincial development in the province. IRCC works for the federal so they want to take care of themselves first...

Just my 2 cents on why it isn't 'unfair' in IRCC point of view to prioritize streams. :)
I totally agree with your explanation. It makes a lot of sense. Provinces don't decide for federal. Federal will have to do their own verification starting from the province that got the applicant nominated and under what grounds was he nominated. Secondly matching the documents the applicants submitted during provincial nomination with the one submitted post eAPR. So that's a lot of work and require time.

Reactions: Canbaby

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
I ordered GCMS notes which came early June but didn't say much. Looked like the last time my file was updated was in March. Ordered another batch of notes which should come in 2 weeks. Will see if there is a change.
Can you tell the exact date your note was printed after ordering it. Seems some get printed immediately you order them. Hence, you don't get updated on what might have happened the period it took before you eventually got it.

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Finally dream come true....
I received RPRF+PPR request today...
My timelines...
Stream: PNPO-NSNP
AOR: 03/02/2017
Medical Passed: 11/03/2017
BG IP1: 11/03/2017
BG NA: 10/05/2017
BG IP2: 19/06/2017
RPRF+PPR: 23/06/2017
Where is your VO?

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
I totally agree with your explanation. It makes a lot of sense. Provinces don't decide for federal. Federal will have to do their own verification starting from the province that got the applicant nominated and under what grounds was he nominated. Secondly matching the documents the applicants submitted during provincial nomination with the one submitted post eAPR. So that's a lot of work and require time.
That actually makes a lot of sense!
In our eyes much of the verification is finished during the process of obtaining provincial nomination, therefore should have saved IRCC some time to do the same work.
When the reality is, there are actually extra work involved to verify PNP applications due to the extra steps/ documents/ organizations involved, as compared to other streams.

imarri01

Jun 3, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Legalfalcon...is like bad news everywhere i turn lol, so now im hearing that GCMS notes may slow down the application because of the time it will take them to prepare same....sigh :(:oops:

I guess whenever the PPR comes it comes...nothing more I can do from here on.

AOR- Feb 11
Meds pass....long time
Background has been at NA from Next step from about late March early April.

Sitting in the corner waiting....

The process used to take years before so i'll just focus on getting some more certifications until I get accepted or rejected.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Legalfalcon...is like bad news everywhere i turn lol, so now im hearing that GCMS notes may slow down the application because of the time it will take them to prepare same....sigh :(:oops:

AOR- Feb 11
Meds pass....long time

The process used to take years before so i'll just focus on getting some more certifications until I get accepted or rejected.

I don't believe that...

younstev

Feb 1, 2017
Hello All,

Finally Received PPR on 21st of June. :):)

Time line follows below

CEC Inland
ITA 8th Feb

Medical/RCMP/RPRF Upfront.
AOR 18th Feb
Meds passed 28 or 29th of March
BG Status: NBG (29th of March) => NA (12th of May) => IP2 (May 19th)
Between NBG and NA i was asked to submit passport with 6 months validity
Between NA and IP2 i was asked to submit family information form (IMM 5645)

PPR - June 21st 9 PM est

I emailed cic on June 16th for status update and i think email triggered them to send ppr.

Thank you everybody for help !!!!!

3n4y

Mar 3, 2017
Just received my passport with visa stamped on it, however the visa is just valid for 6 months..

Can someone throw light on this?
From what i understand, the (Landing) visa is valid up to the time that the medical you submitted post ITA expires. Once you land, you pick up a PR card after six weeks. Congrats

sri86v

Jun 5, 2017
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. I am seeing this same status form last 20 to 30 days I think so . what does it mean. Is it still going to take time for me. I am on CEC outland and Ottawa office

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........

AOR- Feb 11
Meds pass....long time

GCMS notes can either slow or speed up one's app.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
The applications for different programs are all processed in batches. Some of them are processed faster and some slower. Earlier the trend was that the PNP was processed much faster. Provinces giving nomination does not mean that the application are pre approved, as IRCC has the final authority to decide on them.
By pre-approved what I meant is, they already have done an initial screening/verification for allowing that applicant to live in their province.
May it's just a trend for now as you said. Let's see...

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys got my PPR!! Brruahh!!

Here is my timeline:
Visa office: Ottawa
FSW-inland

AOR: 3rd Feb
Meds passed: 9th March
NA - IP1 9th March
IP1 - NA 11th March
NA - IP2 19th May
PPR 19th June

I called CIC countless times and each time they informed me all the checks were done and my application is approved but I will just have to wait for PPR.

Feb up with the whole process I emailed ottawa visa office on 15th June and I got PPR on 19th June (2 working days).

The interesting thing is that CIC sent me an email notification asking me to check myCIC account and the PPR is actually in myCIC account. Ottawa visa office usually email the PPR's but I think they might have changed their whole process now.

***My star advice to anyone who is waiting for a PPR with an APPROVED application is to email the visa office which will trigger PPR within 2 working days. Had I known this I would have got PPR a month ago***
Could you please share email id where you ccontacted ottawa? I am stuck on ip2 sinve 17th June.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Exclusively fot PNP Outland applicants.

Be ready to witness changes in "Background Check Field" on Monday!