ROBH

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Guys

Here is my timeline

AOR:17TH FEB 2017
Med Passed : March 23rd
BG Status : Not Applicable from March 29th - JUNE 22 nd
Stream : CEC Inland

Today(June 22nd afternoon) My background check changed from not applicable to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Is this the IP2 ? Can you guys suggest me what can I expect after this

Lucasmo117

Aug 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am now in the process of CEC application - AOR Feb. As I previously worked in Hong Kong, CIC requested the certificate of no criminal record in Hong Kong. By the Hong Kong Police Force's policy, the authority mails the certificate directly to CIC instead of me. After consulting IRCC call centre, they advised me the address of case process centre where my case is processed. I provided the address to the Hong Kong Police Force and submitted an explanation letter with payment receipt in the online portal in which CIC provided when it requested the certificate.

After a few weeks, the Hong Kong Police Force informed me that they have mailed the certificate on May 23rd. I called IRCC today and was told that immigration officer has read the explanation letter and the system isn't able to show if they receive the certificate or not as of now.

Since it's been almost a month since the certificate was mailed to CIC, I suppose the certificate has arrived. I am a little concerned whether the certificate was lost somehow. I would appreciate it if anyone had similar experience before and could shed some lights on this matter. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Ca2022

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Hi Guys

Here is my timeline

AOR:17TH FEB 2017
Med Passed : March 23rd
BG Status : Not Applicable from March 29th - JUNE 22 nd
Stream : CEC Inland

Today(June 22nd afternoon) My background check changed from not applicable to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Is this the IP2 ? Can you guys suggest me what can I expect after this
That is IP2 Buddy. What you get next is the golden mail...Congrats in advance.

Reactions: ROBH

Lucasmo117

Aug 16, 2016
That is IP2 Buddy. What you get next is the golden mail...Congrats in advance.
Hey, I am currently in this status as well. But my case jumped directly from "the next step is to conduct a background check" to "We are processing your background check...". The "Not applicable" status hasn't shown up prior to my latest status. Any thoughts? Thanks.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hey, I am currently in this status as well. But my case jumped directly from "the next step is to conduct a background check" to "We are processing your background check...". The "Not applicable" status hasn't shown up prior to my latest status. Any thoughts? Thanks.
This seems to be IP2. Which is your category? Please share your timelines.

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Thanks buddy do you know how long they take to send the email
It's all luck and the candidate who is looking over your application. Some get email about ppr very soon, like the next day. Some people get in 2-4 weeks and some takes a while as well, it's all depends on the person who is looking over your file, like I mentioned above.many are in the same situation now, including me. Fingers crossed and be patient untill you get your email regarding PPR...

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Hi everyone,

I am now in the process of CEC application - AOR Feb. As I previously worked in Hong Kong, CIC requested the certificate of no criminal record in Hong Kong. By the Hong Kong Police Force's policy, the authority mails the certificate directly to CIC instead of me. After consulting IRCC call centre, they advised me the address of case process centre where my case is processed. I provided the address to the Hong Kong Police Force and submitted an explanation letter with payment receipt in the online portal in which CIC provided when it requested the certificate.

After a few weeks, the Hong Kong Police Force informed me that they have mailed the certificate on May 23rd. I called IRCC today and was told that immigration officer has read the explanation letter and the system isn't able to show if they receive the certificate or not as of now.

Since it's been almost a month since the certificate was mailed to CIC, I suppose the certificate has arrived. I am a little concerned whether the certificate was lost somehow. I would appreciate it if anyone had similar experience before and could shed some lights on this matter. Thanks a lot.
Hi Lucas,

Same situation. On April 4th, I was asked to provide RCMP PCC and Hong Kong PCC.
Two weeks later, I uploaded the RCMP one along with an explanation letter that HK PCC will be sent separately. Background check status changed to N/A in a few days.
My Hong Kong PCC is sent from Hong Kong on May 2nd.
Early June I emailed IRCC acquiring the status of my application, to which they applied 'do not need additional information from me'. So I assumed they have received it and are only waiting for an officer to touch my file again.
My background check status remained N/A and changed to IP2 on June 20th.

I had the same concern you do - will my certificate be left forgotten at a dusty corner and officers think I'm missing documents...
But at least you called and tried to find out :p

I wouldn't be too worried because there had to be previous cases that went through this...email them for peace of mind maybe?
Are you on IP2 now mate?

Regards.

Lucasmo117

Aug 16, 2016
Hi Lucas,

Same situation. On April 4th, I was asked to provide RCMP PCC and Hong Kong PCC.
Two weeks later, I uploaded the RCMP one along with an explanation letter that HK PCC will be sent separately. Background check status changed to N/A in a few days.
My Hong Kong PCC is sent from Hong Kong on May 2nd.
Early June I emailed IRCC acquiring the status of my application, to which they applied 'do not need additional information from me'. So I assumed they have received it and are only waiting for an officer to touch my file again.
My background check status remained N/A and changed to IP2 on June 20th.

I had the same concern you do - will my certificate be left forgotten at a dusty corner and officers think I'm missing documents...
But at least you called and tried to find out :p

I wouldn't be too worried because there had to be previous cases that went through this...email them for peace of mind maybe?
Are you on IP2 now mate?

Regards.
Hey, really glad to have someone sharing the same experience. Thanks for your info. I called Hong Kong side and they told me they normally put multiple certificates in one envelope. I guess that's one of reasons delaying applications. However, Hong Kong side told me that they are quite familiar with the Ottawa CPC address, so it'll be very odd that the mail was lost. Even given the extreme case that the mail was lost, Hong Kong side is able to resend the certificate.

I am in the IP2 assuming "we are processing your background check" is the IP2 status. Fingers crossed for both of us.

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
Well, there is no cause for concern. You are already on IP2 and should be expectant. Can you share your timeline?