+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

gagan26us

Jun 10, 2017
Want to share my story.

I have been on IP2 since May 27.

Today i got to know that CIC background check team (third-party) called my employer. I was working with a small private company . They spoke in local language (hindi) and did not even mention that they are calling from CIC. They made up names and were trying to be very secretive. They did not get the exact information as stated in the letter as the person whom they spoke to was not familiar with employment details. Near the end of the call, they stated they are doing verirication for Canada.

Not sure what will happen now, but wanted to share my story.

If you are in Ip2 and are waiting, it might be that they are conducting your background check.

@@ How do you know that they are checking your status... normally they never check at this stage.. might be some body given you wrong information... Here in India ---these officer knows about the trend of Indian companies..... They are well aware that small companies are not systematic and for your kind information if officers wanted to know about your employment details; they first see online and approach to the concerned person .. they never leak or ask any kind of your past information from front desk..... I think you just wait for that golden email .... All the Best !!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Thanks Andy for the information. May I ask how about the percentage of PNP which seems missing out?
It is very quiet...

Reason being:

If you look at below:

As you can see:

- PNP inland and outland in January constituted ~40% of all applicants.
- in Feb PNP - IN/OUT only 20% of all applicants...
- then each consecutive months shares of PNPs is decreasing and becoming really marginal...

why is this important? Well PNP guys, after Jan are cleared we should see a faster processing for you.

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Does any one have any idea about background IP1 or IP2, I see thsee words mostly on comments here in Canada visa forum, can anyone elaborate on this please and one more question, I have my comany employment letter of experience, issed by my hr. He has mentioned his contact detail and email id. I have dropped my application for express entry in Feb 2017 and recently my hr quit his job at my company..will this affect my file, since he does nt work any more in our company, he won't be able to answer any of questions by cic, if they call him...can anyone help me please and thank you.

devse

Mar 3, 2017
Does any one have any idea about background IP1 or IP2, I see thsee words mostly on comments here in Canada visa forum, can anyone elaborate on this please and one more question, I have my comany employment letter of experience, issed by my hr. He has mentioned his contact detail and email id. I have dropped my application for express entry in Feb 2017 and recently my hr quit his job at my company..will this affect my file, since he does nt work any more in our company, he won't be able to answer any of questions by cic, if they call him...can anyone help me please and thank you.
For me it's been like this:

Not Applicable.
IP1 -> Your Application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Followed by NA -> Not Applicable.
IP2 -> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Still waiting for PPR since early June though.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: gingersunny

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Just adding to what devse said above -

IP1/NBG -> Your Application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check or We are processing your background check
Followed by NA -> Not Applicable.
IP2 -> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Some might just miss NA and have
NA - NBG - IP2 - PPR.

Also some have had PPR directly from IP1 or NA. So there are lot of possitbilities and not one set pattern.

I hope it helps.

patel.jeetesh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
Got my PR email today.
Aor 17th March 2017.
My background went to IP2 after next step is the background check. It never changed to NA. Went to IP2 on 8th or 9th June not sure.
PR email 5:25pm Toronto time.

Best of luck everyone.
Congratulations...

MT23

Oct 8, 2016
Have you tried writing an email. You will know if your file is approved or not. Also many people whose file was approved when they emailed they got PPR within a day. No harm in trying. All the best :)
Yeah, try email. It worked for me. Received PPR just the next day of sending email :)

AJP1

Jun 10, 2017
My profile was least updated 8th April. It says

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I presume this means. I have been sat IP2 since 8th April. With respect to my PPR what does it mean?

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I presume this means. I have been sat IP2 since 8th April. With respect to my PPR what does it mean?
Ordering GCMS will give you more details on the status of your application. Its possible to be stuck in IP2 that long if you have been selected for security clearing.

AJP1

Jun 10, 2017
Ordering GCMS will give you more details on the status of your application. Its possible to be stuck in IP2 that long if you have been selected for security clearing.
What is security clearing? I did live in Canada from March 2013 to August 2015 on a working holiday visa. Though I did apply for an extension which was declined, which is the reason I left the country.

I did previously apply and get rejected because of an error in my application. I have 4 years skilled experience as an Engineer. I put 11 months of semi skilled work in Canada as 12 months of semi skilled work experience. Anyway I removed that and resubmitted my application with 4 years skilled work in the UK. I am now sweating quite hard that I will get another rejection for some reason.

Mdhillon

Apr 27, 2017
Hey everyone..... could anyone explain as I saw change after may 19th... on may 19 I submitted additional document related to family information... and today I saw change in additional document: under review
Is it good sign?

KNIGHTRIDER14

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017

u might wanna email or call dem,chances are ur case might have been approved.u can even try checking ur spam/inbox as most of dem found email
sitting der for weeks.