Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
I landed as a permanent resident yesterday, so I will be taking a step back from the forum. THANK YOU to everyone that helped me and made me calm down throughout the process - you know who you are.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Hi Folks, I just received a disappointing reply from CIC:

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required."

Has anyone else received such a reply before? What was your experience? My BG went into IP 2 on June 3... so it sounds like I'm in for a few months of a wait... :(

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required."

Has anyone else received such a reply before? What was your experience? My BG went into IP 2 on June 3... so it sounds like I'm in for a few months of a wait... :(
I saw someone's post yesterday regarding the same reply from CIC but he was from PNP. Can't say if it actually will take longer. All the best !

Did you write to CIC and then received this reply or CIC send this email on its own.

Reactions: Lyon37

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........

Where is your VO? I think you should Order a GCMS to know what is going on. How many times have you contacted CIC in the past?

mayurhula

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys..

Me and my spouse has got an invitation for interview at Etobicoke on June 21/2017 asking for all our original documents to bring in. Is it a good sign ? Please advice

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

Emails from CIC arent always reliable. You should now consider calling CIC and/or requesting GCMS notes.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Where is your VO? I think you should Order a GCMS to know what is going on. How many times have you contacted CIC in the past?
VO is reportedly Paris though that was a surprise. And this is the very first time that I have contacted CIC.

Yes, at this stage, perhaps ordering GCMS notes may be a good idea. Especially after that worrying email.

mkay101

Jun 27, 2016
Category........
VO is reportedly Paris though that was a surprise. And this is the very first time that I have contacted CIC.

Yes, at this stage, perhaps ordering GCMS notes may be a good idea. Especially after that worrying email.
Good. Order GCMS as soon as possible. It would give you a clearer picture of what is going on.

Reactions: Lyon37

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Emails from CIC arent always reliable. You should now consider calling CIC and/or requesting GCMS notes.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Does anyone have an email address for Paris VO?

I am kind of surprised that my application is being processed there, since I am not from there, nor resident there. But I do work for a French company... I wonder if that had an impact... Do VOs sometimes follow your employment letters?

ssvijay

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-04-2017 (e-AOR)
Med's Done....
20-04-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-08-2017
Hi guys..

Me and my spouse has got an invitation for interview at Etobicoke on June 21/2017 asking for all our original documents to bring in. Is it a good sign ? Please advice
As long as they want to interview you , it is a good sign.. With the latest developments, I see few cases getting rejected for petit reasons...

If possible call CIC and ask specifically what is the concern for the Visa officer, so that you can be well prepared in that particular aspect

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hi guys..

Call tomorrow and verify it was deliberate.
A friend was sent an interview mail for him and the spouse about 3 weeks ago, ended up being an error. The application had been approved.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
2 PPR's issued so far for FSW from Ottawa VO today.

1 FSW Outland - Feb 28
1 FSW Inland - Feb 28

Lets see if we get more good news today !