+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hey guys,

I just received a rejection letter, for my CEC inland application and am a little lost at the moment. I know some of you are more seasoned members and was hoping you could potentially provide some advice on how I should proceed.

The case officer wasn't happy with my letter of employment. The letter listed the starting date of my employment, as well as general hours, but was not properly dated and so the officer wasn't convinced of the duration of my employment. Even though I stated in my profile and the "Schedule A" form, that it still was my current place of employment.

Further, do I have several positions in the company, but only claimed points for one of them under a NOC. I did however not provide a proper run-down of my hours, as I should have, so the officer was again not convinced of my eligibility.

I know the decision is done, but I am definitely eligible and wanted to get your advice on how to proceed. My PGWP expires on Aug 31st. My current CRS is 491. I was thinking about reapplying for an ITA. This time with more than extensive documentation.

As a German citizen, I'm eligible for a "International Experience Class" and was gonna fall back on that as my worst case scenario. But again, I'm at a loss and hope you can help me out. I apologize for the long post.

greenberet

Jan 31, 2017
Hey guys,

I just received a rejection letter, for my CEC inland application and am a little lost at the moment. I know some of you are more seasoned members and was hoping you could potentially provide some advice on how I should proceed.

The case officer wasn't happy with my letter of employment. The letter listed the starting date of my employment, as well as general hours, but was not properly dated and so the officer wasn't convinced of the duration of my employment. Even though I stated in my profile and the "Schedule A" form, that it still was my current place of employment.

Further, do I have several positions in the company, but only claimed points for one of them under a NOC. I did however not provide a proper run-down of my hours, as I should have, so the officer was again not convinced of my eligibility.

I know the decision is done, but I am definitely eligible and wanted to get your advice on how to proceed. My PGWP expires on Aug 31st. My current CRS is 491. I was thinking about reapplying for an ITA. This time with more than extensive documentation.

As a German citizen, I'm eligible for a "International Experience Class" and was gonna fall back on that as my worst case scenario. But again, I'm at a loss and hope you can help me out. I apologize for the long post.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your rejection. Did your reference letter accompany any recent payslips/contract so they could corroborate that you are currently employed there. I think its a little insensitive for them to reject the letter given that they can always authenticate such details with your employer. I'd suggest you request them to re-consider your case via CSE and attach an LOE along with documents that can demonstrate your present status at the company and possibly a fresh reference letter with more detailed description.

Good luck with however you proceed.

Best,

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
So I just received my GCMS notes as I accidentally ordered two copies - luckily the second copy wasn't generated until after the first request.

the CIC screwed up my RCMP check, it got stuck on 'batch sent' and didn't realise for over 2 months (!!!) before resending it.

I would have had PR or my BOWP by now for sure.

GCMS notes reads: RCMP Screening was 'stuck' and "Batch Sent". Cancelled and re-submitted this day.

Original rcmp check sent 26/2, re-sent 26/4. This is infuriating! I've been penalised and made to wait longer for their mistake. :(

veeraB

Dec 22, 2016
Hello Guys,

I'm a CEC inland applicat and my BG has been stuck at NA for more than a month now. I had ordered GCMS notes towards the end of April and I just received them. The notes say this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibilty: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

I just want to confirm if I should be worried about my application being declined because of employment letter. Even though the eligibility says passed, can the officer still reject the recommendation from the agent?

Timeline:
AOR - Feb 08th, 2017
Medical - March 06th, 2017
NBG to NA - April 28th, 2017

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear about that. What was your timeline ?
Like dates for AOR, Medical Pass etc

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
So I just received my GCMS notes as I accidentally ordered two copies - luckily the second copy wasn't generated until after the first request.

the CIC screwed up my RCMP check, it got stuck on 'batch sent' and didn't realise for over 2 months (!!!) before resending it.

I would have had PR or my BOWP by now for sure.

GCMS notes reads: RCMP Screening was 'stuck' and "Batch Sent". Cancelled and re-submitted this day.

Original rcmp check sent 26/2, re-sent 26/4. This is infuriating! I've been penalised and made to wait longer for their mistake. :(

Sorry to hear that, man. Did they forget to send your RCMP screening documents? Was there a reason it was "stuck"?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Sorry to hear that, man. Did they forget to send your RCMP screening documents? Was there a reason it was "stuck"?

I'm not sure. It just says it was stuck

Bronagh08

May 15, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
04-20-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Hello Guys,

I'm a CEC inland applicat and my BG has been stuck at NA for more than a month now. I had ordered GCMS notes towards the end of April and I just received them. The notes say this:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibilty: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

I just want to confirm if I should be worried about my application being declined because of employment letter. Even though the eligibility says passed, can the officer still reject the recommendation from the agent?

Timeline:
AOR - Feb 08th, 2017
Medical - March 06th, 2017
NBG to NA - April 28th, 2017

Why do you think it would be declined because of employment letter? I only ask because I believe it. I claimed points for a position that I spent 1.5 years working in because it brought my FSW experience to 3 years in the same NOC code. However the company went into receivership and closed down, hence my position being eliminated and therefore couldn't provide a LOE. I instead submitted bank statements proving that I was paid by the company from the time I specified but when I got the GCMS notes it seems they may not accept this as it was flagged for an additional review even though everything else says passed other than my security. I got my GCMS notes last and straight away reached out to an old supervisor who is no longer even working to provide a letter. I uploaded it straight away the same day with a CSE but my application hasn't been touched since April 21st.

Raman912

Mar 15, 2017
hi guys my timeline is
AOR 8 feb
medical passed 21 april
RCMP form requested 21 april
RCMP submitted 1 May
background is in processing from 22 april
anyone shares same timeline please tell me whats going on with our files..
my stream is PNP inland

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Sorry to hear about that. What was your timeline ?
Like dates for AOR, Medical Pass etc
CEC-Inland
AOR: February 14th
Medicals: Done upfront/Passed
Request for schedule A: May 2nd, uploaded on same day.
RFPF: Paid upfront
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Rejected: May 29th

I already submitted a new Express Entry profile with CRS of 491. Let's hope this works out.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
hi guys my timeline is
AOR 8 feb
medical passed 21 april
RCMP form requested 21 april
RCMP submitted 1 May
background is in processing from 22 april
anyone shares same timeline please tell me whats going on with our files..
my stream is PNP inland
Hi after you uploaded RCMP, did you see in your CIC it change to document uploaded?

In my case i had that and the IP1 changed to NA in about 2 days or so then another 2 days it went to IP2. But if you read, many experience different times. All the best