+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

fayezhu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
ubantu said:
Yes without PR card either you have to get the travel document or you have to come US and then enter Canada through car. These are only option to coming back to Canada without PR card.
Thanks for the response. But if entering Canada by car from the US. what documents ( besides valid US visa) are required from the boarder if PR card is not required? Thanks!

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
Hi buddy,

Just wanted to ask, so once you get your passports back given that you are already in Canada (ie. CEC applicant) you need to leave the country and come back in? Hence the flagpoling strategy above? Thanks
Yes - basically that's told in the letter you will receive along with passport and CoPR.
You need to "register" at Canadian boarder, airport or rainbow bridge etc.

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fayezhu said:
Congrats on your PPR and thank you for sharing the landing experience. Before you get your PR card, can you leave the country ? I heard you must bring travel document if you travel by air. But other people suggested to travel back to the USA and enter canada by car to avoid the travel document. Wondering if you have any insight on this ?
Yes - absolutely, I was told by the officer who issued my temp PR that the temporary PR only works if you are coming from US and NOT by AIR. If you are traveling by air, you will need your travel visa.

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adrlim said:
Hi buddy,

Just wanted to ask, so once you get your passports back given that you are already in Canada (ie. CEC applicant) you need to leave the country and come back in? Hence the flagpoling strategy above? Thanks
The flagpole is a quick way to do landing.

Booking an appointment with CIC office is officially recommended but it would take up to 3 month. You don't have to leave Canada with this approach, it just takes longer time.

Also, you don't need an US visa to do the flagpole (which I don't have)

Nancy47

Apr 27, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
20-10-15
Doc's Request.
2-11-15
Nomination.....
28-12-16
AOR Received.
13-02-17
Med's Done....
23-03-17
ozone4oz said:
roughly about same timeline and oinp pnp as well.
bg yet to start
Hopefully we may get this month . Fingers crossed

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
wlj0918 said:
The flagpole is a quick way to do landing.

Booking an appointment with CIC office is officially recommended but it would take up to 3 month. You don't have to leave Canada with this approach, it just takes longer time.

Also, you don't need an US visa to do the flagpole (which I don't have)
Thanks for the info. Read about it here https://www.immigroup.com/news/flagpoling-your-way-new-work-or-study-permit-or-permanent-residence

By the way does the letter state how long you are given to do this from when you receive your passport? Is it a year from when the medicals are done? Also only after landing will the PR card be processed correct? However with the immigration visa in the passport its good enough a proof you are a PR of Canada?

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rg74 said:
Hi, I maintain all of the data for Feb AOR on google docs. Here you can see all the timelines of BGS, ADR request & submission date and also after how much time they received an update on their case !!

Consolidated link of all applicants for FEB AOR

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JLz8et6kWxU3EXwHyG92BiRzVa1NY0EhjMQKu5WO3Vg/edit?usp=sharing

CEC Applicants LINK

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JB82zlym_hkm6qJ5pRki953UFdFqEaaCDnIhQosL1C0/edit?usp=sharing

FSW Applicants LINK

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NwtPpz1yUlZST7YWU_urhbAggNCbID9VWSeCvB8urnM/edit?usp=sharing

PNP Applicants LINK

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EsA_ED7yE2l-Oi4HMd2_QsaBoZU-OtCYQOdYNR0fyJM/edit?usp=sharing
+1 for this, i was surprised to find my name in the FSW sheet, you indeed have done an awesome job

snig said:
I called CIC to clarify about my BG status, the agent told me not to call until 6 months time line has completed :p
This has become a standard reply since last week i guess, they aren't divulging any information and just keep saying that your application is within 6 months, no need to worry.

parthiv24

Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys

I have a question for you.

Sorry i could not find a thread for DEC 2016. I received AOR in December 2016.

I submitted mine and my spouses (she is in India) medicals in February 2017. I have added my spouse to my profile after getting the provincial nomination (AINP). For now upon checking, the status shows "MEDICALS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED". how long it takes to receive passport request call??

Its been almost two and a half months but i did not receive anything from them.

Please reply.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
parthiv24 said:
Hey guys

I have a question for you.

Sorry i could not find a thread for DEC 2016. I received AOR in December 2016.

I submitted mine and my spouses (she is in India) medicals in February 2017. I have added my spouse to my profile after getting the provincial nomination (AINP). For now upon checking, the status shows "MEDICALS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED". how long it takes to receive passport request call??

Its been almost two and a half months but i did not receive anything from them.

Please reply.
Is this a paper based application? AINP nomination cannot be used with Express Entry.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Thanks, happy to help everyone in same situation!!

Started as an update for myself and it kept growing. I update many times during the day so can get upto date info :)

nikolain said:
+1 for this, i was surprised to find my name in the FSW sheet, you indeed have done an awesome job

This has become a standard reply since last week i guess, they aren't divulging any information and just keep saying that your application is within 6 months, no need to worry.