Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
PianoMan said:
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you. No PPR yet. Just waiting patiently. See signature for timeline.
You're pretty close, though. IP2 is next and then PPR the same day.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
PianoMan said:
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you. No PPR yet. Just waiting patiently. See signature for timeline.
Same here IP changed from IP(1) to NA on April 12th, I check my CIC account every 30 mins to see the IP2

PianoMan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Halifax, NS
Category........
CEC
Calgary2014 said:
Same here IP changed from IP(1) to NA on April 12th, I check my CIC account every 30 mins to see the IP2

Hahah I know what you mean. Every time I see an update here I go log into my account :p

eececpr

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
RiZ92 said:
Has anybody had experience of Landing via Border with Valid US visa? Do they give you I-94 or still give you entry refusal letter?

I have read earlier that they provide you with I-94 if you have valid US visa and ask for flag polling?
If you have valid visa, you can just go to usa and come back for which you need to get i94. However you tell them that you just want to go back and you came for only pr landing and to do flagpoll they will flagpoll which is basically entry denied and give you letter to show canada border when you come back.. i guess you could save $6 but i would advise against that.... just get i94... why do you want a usa entry refusal on your record..

Btw one of my friends from vancouver did flagpoll even when he had visa. So really your choice.

bnp

Jan 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PianoMan said:
Hahah I know what you mean. Every time I see an update here I go log into my account :p
Sometimes, I log into account and it did not logged me out yet :eek:

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Cec inland
Ita = jan 4
Aor = feb 23
Medical = never changed
Background check = next step is to conduct... (march20)
Background check = not aplicable (april 25)
Whats next fingers crossed

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
eececpr said:
If you have valid visa, you can just go to usa and come back for which you need to get i94. However you tell them that you just want to go back and you came for only pr landing and to do flagpoll they will flagpoll which is basically entry denied and give you letter to show canada border when you come back.. i guess you could save $6 but i would advise against that.... just get i94... why do you want a usa entry refusal on your record..

Btw one of my friends from vancouver did flagpoll even when he had visa. So really your choice.
Yeah, Its better to spend $6 than get refusal letter.

luckysimsim

Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys, my visa office has changed from Sydney to Ottawa. Not sure exactly when but I just knew it today.

So it's been almost 2 months since I passed medicals. I sent couple emails back in March to the Ottawa office asking my application status and it was always in the Sydney office. However, I followed up another email last night and they replied me this morning saying it's currently being processed at the Ottawa office.

My account, however, is not showing any changes or updates. The background check has been always "in progress" since medical pass.
Does this mean anything?
Is this a good sign?
What are the roles of both Sydney and Ottawa offices?

Stream:CEC inland
AOR: Feb 12th
Medical pass: March 8th

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Canbaby said:
I did my fingerprints and applied with Vancouver Police Department.
(Vancouver is not under RCMP jurisdiction, but the process is very much the same and the PCC is issued by RCMP.)

It took me exactly one business week from application to receiving the PCC at home via mail.
It costed me $60 to do it with VPD.
I do not understand the purpose of getting fingerprints done with private companies and then take it to RCMP when it could be done in one place.

Hope this helps. :)
Thank you very much. I have lived in many addresses and two provinces (BC and ON) in the last 6 years. Probably because of that they are asking me to submit the RCMP CRC!
Best wishes for you.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
mumbaikar said:
Thanks, I checked the nearest private one is in Kitchener or Mississauga so thought of sticking with the RCMP in town. Do you know usually how long will it take for the certificate to arrive?
They told me 10-14days. I'm still waiting as I did mine last Mon. Can't wait to get it.

Did the RCMP tell you if you have to pay for this service?

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Canbaby said:
I did my fingerprints and applied with Vancouver Police Department.
(Vancouver is not under RCMP jurisdiction, but the process is very much the same and the PCC is issued by RCMP.)

It took me exactly one business week from application to receiving the PCC at home via mail.
It costed me $60 to do it with VPD.
I do not understand the purpose of getting fingerprints done with private companies and then take it to RCMP when it could be done in one place.

Hope this helps. :)
Yeah me too...But i didnt want to delay the process and look for which RCMP could do this and followed what one forummer recommended. I guess it's about ease of getting it done. But agree with you. Dont know what the difference is and if the charge is free or cheaper if doen by RCMP.

luckysimsim

Nov 15, 2016
luckysimsim said:
Hi guys, my visa office has changed from Sydney to Ottawa. Not sure exactly when but I just knew it today.

So it's been almost 2 months since I passed medicals. I sent couple emails back in March to the Ottawa office asking my application status and it was always in the Sydney office. However, I followed up another email last night and they replied me this morning saying it's currently being processed at the Ottawa office.

My account, however, is not showing any changes or updates. The background check has been always "in progress" since medical pass.
Does this mean anything?
Is this a good sign?
What are the roles of both Sydney and Ottawa offices?

Stream:CEC inland
AOR: Feb 12th
Medical pass: March 8th
Can anyone kindly give a quick answer? :)