+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

Neerajkr80

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Kevin07 said:
Can anybody please hep me with my queries?
Kevin,

Review of eligibility : will remain same until the file is approved.
BGC : it will change to "we are processing your BGC" when some officer will start working you file. But not a thumb rule that it will change and no idea when it will change, if at all there will be.

I am saying this because recently many PPRians reported no change in BGC at all till they received PPR.. ;)

Just hang in there. Be patient, Wait & watch.. ;D

Wish you goodluck!

Thanks,
Neeraj

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Hello guys,

Need your advice.

I have received EAPR on 1st Feb and my medical passed on 9th March. I need advice that should I put resigned from my current job considering 3 months of notice period. I m planning on 1st April so will that be good idea or I should wait till may, 6 months period will end in July.

Thanks in advance

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
ankurparekh1988 said:
Hello guys,

Need your advice.

I have received EAPR on 1st Feb and my medical passed on 9th March. I need advice that should I put resigned from my current job considering 3 months of notice period. I m planning on 1st April so will that be good idea or I should wait till may, 6 months period will end in July.

Thanks in advance
did not understand your question properly.
If you are thinking of notifying CIC about the resignation then you do it after the tenure completed. However, it is not necessary to notify CIC about resignation if you're not claiming points for LMIA.

Reactions: smart_eagle

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
vishalg said:
did not understand your question properly.
If you are thinking of notifying CIC about the resignation then you do it after the tenure completed. However, it is not necessary to notify CIC about resignation if you're not claiming points for LMIA.
I am PNP outland. I am asking should I leave my current job considering 3 months notice period and hope that my application will get processed in the next time? Or should I wait to put resigned until I hear anything official from CIC that is PPR ?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
ankurparekh1988 said:
I am PNP outland. I am asking should I leave my current job considering 3 months notice period and hope that my application will get processed in the next time? Or should I wait to put resigned until I hear anything official from CIC that is PPR ?
That's a call that only you can take since you know your situation better.
Best of luck

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
vishalg said:
That's a call that only you can take since you know your situation better.
Best of luck
But do consider that that validity will be till expiry of your medicals (or expiry of passport if earlier than medicals).
Or you can do a soft landing, come back and complete your notice period.
Choice is yours.

Kevin07

Feb 21, 2017
Neerajkr80 said:
Kevin,

Review of eligibility : will remain same until the file is approved.
BGC : it will change to "we are processing your BGC" when some officer will start working you file. But not a thumb rule that it will change and no idea when it will change, if at all there will be.

I am saying this because recently many PPRians reported no change in BGC at all till they received PPR.. ;)

Just hang in there. Be patient, Wait & watch.. ;D

Wish you goodluck!

Thanks,
Neeraj
Thanks @Neeraj for your reply, while i understand the Review of eligibility will remain unchanged, many people have got their BGS changed the same day they got their medicals passed. Most of them from the FEB 17 AOR group. While that was not in my case. So wanted to know when will i change and hows many days it takes for BGS to be changed and processed.

Regards
Kevin

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Kevin07 said:
Thanks @Neeraj for your reply, while i understand the Review of eligibility will remain unchanged, many people have got their BGS changed the same day they got their medicals passed. Most of them from the FEB 17 AOR group. While that was not in my case. So wanted to know when will i change and hows many days it takes for BGS to be changed and processed.

Regards
Kevin
We can only speculate reasons nobody can ascertain Cic processes for sure!
Like he told you, it generally changes but of late, a number of applicants reported no movement in background check until they received their PPR.
As per speculation, mine changed just this last Sunday along with my medicals (FSW inland,AOR Feb 10) but mind you my application was previously refused under CEC stream and could have caused my background check to be a little faster(again, it's all speculation).
The lesson: worry less and don't completely compare your application with someone else's cos scenarios can't exactly be same.

ganharsh

Nov 9, 2016
ITA: 11th Jan, Received AOR: 8th Feb, Passed my medical after10th March and right now its on reviewing - Background check. Just wondering if its normal? Anyone out there like me?

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
ganharsh said:
ITA: 11th Jan, Received AOR: 8th Feb, Passed my medical after10th March and right now its on reviewing - Background check. Just wondering if its normal? Anyone out there like me?
Absolutely, I'm a week ahead of you ans BG is still in progress

snig

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
hello everyone,

my AOR is on Feb 14,2017 applied under cec category.
I passed medicals on March 12,2017 but no updates after that.
My background check says as "next step is to conduct background check"
waiting to see change in my BG status, very worried.

firstone

Jun 29, 2015
ganharsh said:
Yes me :) AOR 10th feb Meds passed 9th March BG- IP

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
ganharsh said:
I am having same timeline AOR(7-Feb) no changes after BG went in progress on March 3rd.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi friends,

Can someone please help me understand highlighted part:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

movingforward!!

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10/02/2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
;D It felt like forever. Finally medical is passed. Background check in progress.

Any idea of a timeline for Background Check not needed? ::)