Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
4 jan 2017
AOR Received.
4 February 2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Hey eveyone my status changed for back ground from your application is in progress next step is a background check back to not applicable. Is this the old nn to ns? It changed back after 2 days I think I read in previous posts this is normal for Outland applicants does it mean that they just done a quick check before they send to local visa office for processing

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charrington said:
Hey eveyone my status changed for back ground from your application is in progress next step is a background check back to not applicable. Is this the old nn to ns? It changed back after 2 days I think I read in previous posts this is normal for Outland applicants does it mean that they just done a quick check before they send to local visa office for processing
Hey! Congrats with your update! Yes, you are right. "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check" is the new wording for "not started" and "Not applicable" is the new for "Not needed". So in your case it changed from NN to NS and then back to NN.

Charrington

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
4 jan 2017
AOR Received.
4 February 2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Pat180715 said:
Hey! Congrats with your update! Yes, you are right. "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check" is the new wording for "not started" and "Not applicable" is the new for "Not needed". So in your case it changed from NN to NS and then back to NN.
Hey great sounds like this is progressing well what would they next strobe is there much more to do

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
My background check also changed to "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check"

I also got reply saying that my application is at the "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia" so makes sense that hasnt reached local VO yet.

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Its funny to see medical status updated on a Saturday (today):

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Anyways, welcome update methinks 8)

have a good weekend everyone!

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
AOR Feb 13th 2017
Medicals changed on March 10th 2017 as "Review of medical results status changed to passed the medical exam."

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi All,

Could someone please help me to advise on 2 things am worried about.

I've been working in Canada close to 3 years now under ICT. I got my ITA under CEC on Dec 22nd and received AOR on Feb 05th. I've utilized the 50 points that CRA has offered for the people with valid job offers which is exempt from LMIA. My WP expires on 14th April, 2018, and so is my job offer validity.

1.) Now I read below in CIC websites which states that the job offer should be valid for atleast a year from the time CIC issues a permanent resident visa. I don't think CIC will be able to make a final decision by April 13th 2017 and also I need to get my PCC from Singapore which would take another 1 month.

So I wanted to know if my aplication gets rejected or CIC will consider it or what can I do further.

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.
A job offer from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada does not count as valid.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

. made by one employer
. for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
. for work that is:
a. for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
b. not seasonal, and
. in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

. you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

a. are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
b. have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
c. have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
2.) My company has called for relocation to India and I've requested an extension till end of May this year. So, do I need to inform CIC that am leaving the country? or just be silent.
And what if I resigns my current company and be in Canada until a final decision is made and if all going well and the application gets approved, I can stay back.

Request seniors/anyone in this group help me as worried alot.

Thanks in Advance.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoshreddyc said:
Hi All,

Could someone please help me to advise on 2 things am worried about.

I've been working in Canada close to 3 years now under ICT. I got my ITA under CEC on Dec 22nd and received AOR on Feb 05th. I've utilized the 50 points that CRA has offered for the people with valid job offers which is exempt from LMIA. My WP expires on 14th April, 2018, and so is my job offer validity.

1.) Now I read below in CIC websites which states that the job offer should be valid for atleast a year from the time CIC issues a permanent resident visa. I don't think CIC will be able to make a final decision by April 13th 2017 and also I need to get my PCC from Singapore which would take another 1 month.

So I wanted to know if my aplication gets rejected or CIC will consider it or what can I do further.

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.
A job offer from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada does not count as valid.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

. made by one employer
. for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
. for work that is:
a. for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
b. not seasonal, and
. in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

. you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

a. are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
b. have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
c. have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
2.) My company has called for relocation to India and I've requested an extension till end of May this year. So, do I need to inform CIC that am leaving the country? or just be silent.
And what if I resigns my current company and be in Canada until a final decision is made and if all going well and the application gets approved, I can stay back.

Request seniors/anyone in this group help me as worried alot.

Thanks in Advance.
In order to get those 50 points you need to have valid work offer that is at least 1 year long. According to what you have just said you do not have that on your hand. So simply said, you cannot claim those 50 points. You shall correct that in your application. You can go ahaed only if your score will be over your draw limit without those 50 points.

GhanaianIndian

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
EE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-17
Med's Done....
01-03-17
My status as of today

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AOR date is Feb 1

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Congrats!! Your Aor and stream. Are you on the immitracker.

If not you can update the case at the link below -
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/february-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker

Thanks

Kumard21 said:
Review of medical results status changed to passed the medical exam.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Congrats!! Are you on the immitracker.

If not you can update the case at the link below -
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/february-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker

Thanks

mamgain said:
Its funny to see medical status updated on a Saturday (today):

Anyways, welcome update methinks 8)

have a good weekend everyone!

movingforward!!

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10/02/2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
GhanaianIndian said:
My status as of today

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AOR date is Feb 1
Are you CEC applicant?

firstone

Jun 29, 2015
usman_14pk said:
Application Submitted: 10 FEB 2017
AOR: 10 FEB 2017
Medical Passed: 09 MAR 2017
Background: In-progress

--------------------------------------
Outland - PN Ontario
Our Timelines are exactly same Congratulations to you too ;)