+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
If it helps to know, my SS only appeared after my eligibility was passed/met - just a few days after. So maybe you will find out later if you have to go through SS or not. Eligibility is first recommended passed and then passed/met.
Also - Security is "not started" from much earlier. FOSS cleared and Info Sharing cleared. Then Security appears again very recently with some lines clearly whited out (you have to follow the pattern of the report to notice that some lines have been removed). Then there is a small sub-activity on Security Screening Not Started under Admissibilities and Security. Some lines have clearly been removed here about the main activity.

But just to emphasize, SS only shows up after criminality is passed and eligibility is passed (not just recommended).

Reactions: rg74

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading so many posts lately regarding file under security screening. I tried going through my notes thrice but couldn't find it. Can anyone give some pointers on how to find if your case is under security screening.

My case history -

AOR - 14 feb, CEC Inland,
Indian national residing in Canada
Med passed - 12 March
BGS - Ip1 ..we are processing your background check since Mar 12 and no change since then.
Was requested RCMP on May 1 which I submitted same day and since then no updates.

According to GCMS notes created 5 July -
Eligibility- Recommended pass
Criminality- In progress
Security- Not started

Last notes on my GCMS is May 1 and since then no notes or updates till now. Also around half a page is white out under Associations with Section 16(1)(c).

Also have technical issue since early June - Additional documents required to process.
But they confirmed on email and calls that nothing required from my side.

Does anyone think i could be under security screening and what exactly on GCMS can indicate that.
Thanks
My gcms notes were generated July 25, AOR 10 Feb, FSWO. I have the same thing as you - Section 16(1)(c) under Associations and I also have this bug with "We need more documents" in myCIC account. But I don't think that our security even started since from what I heard if your security started the status of "Security" on the 2nd page should be blank. My status is not started same as yours.

JAYNE

Aug 7, 2016
Rai
I will be completing 6 months on Monday and PPR seems to be no way near :(
Still the same status as months ago at IP1 with Security - Not Started & Criminality - In progress.
Have ordered 3 GCMS notes, wrote numerous emails and also called in so many times but nothing seems to be working or pushing my case.
Only God or CIC knows where my file is stuck or dumped.
Just tired of waiting now !!

Feb AOR seems to be a month with maximum pending cases at 6 months mark. Around 20% CEC, 40% FSW and 90% PNP still waiting for PPR.

Saw a case of fastest PPR today on tracker. FSW Outland (India) Aor - 22 July got PPR on 9 August. So basically 18 days from start to finish:)
raise a CSE. It helped push my case and I got PPR within 4 days of raising it

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Rai

raise a CSE. It helped push my case and I got PPR within 4 days of raising it
I did raise a CSE on 31st July and haven't got any reply or seen any movement yet in my account. Hopefully soon. Thanks

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Also - Security is "not started" from much earlier. FOSS cleared and Info Sharing cleared. Then Security appears again very recently with some lines clearly whited out (you have to follow the pattern of the report to notice that some lines have been removed). Then there is a small sub-activity on Security Screening Not Started under Admissibilities and Security. Some lines have clearly been removed here about the main activity.

But just to emphasize, SS only shows up after criminality is passed and eligibility is passed (not just recommended).
Thanks Lyon37...makes sense!! Will have to wait & watch only. Have ordered another set of GCMS notes last week so hopefully could see some positive change. Thanks

Reactions: Lyon37

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Reading so many posts lately regarding file under security screening. I tried going through my notes thrice but couldn't find it. Can anyone give some pointers on how to find if your case is under security screening.

My case history -

AOR - 14 feb, CEC Inland,
Indian national residing in Canada
Med passed - 12 March
BGS - Ip1 ..we are processing your background check since Mar 12 and no change since then.
Was requested RCMP on May 1 which I submitted same day and since then no updates.

According to GCMS notes created 5 July -
Eligibility- Recommended pass
Criminality- In progress
Security- Not started

Last notes on my GCMS is May 1 and since then no notes or updates till now. Also around half a page is white out under Associations with Section 16(1)(c).

Also have technical issue since early June - Additional documents required to process.
But they confirmed on email and calls that nothing required from my side.

Does anyone think i could be under security screening and what exactly on GCMS can indicate that.
Thanks
if there is no ss in you activities your file is held due to some other reason.

Superman18

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
I so wish, I should never have opted for OINP. Having 424 crs points..my application would have got selected under fsw outland category..all I had to do was wait a little more in the pool..instead of going through the pain of OINP nomination and now endless waiting without any update.. aor Feb 17

kapilarora

Star Member
May 2, 2015
I so wish, I should never have opted for OINP. Having 424 crs points..my application would have got selected under fsw outland category..all I had to do was wait a little more in the pool..instead of going through the pain of OINP nomination and now endless waiting without any update.. aor Feb 17
Same here mate... With CRS score of 430.. we all could have got picked in the draw this year... 180+ days and counting..

Anup Patel

Aug 7, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
20th February, 2017
AOR Received.
20th February, 2017
another week...
singing "are you ready for a miracle" :) I'm gonna turn adult in 2 days, 180 days, yeah baby :)
I am gonna turn adult in 6 days...only hope is BG @ IP2..PNP-O, 20th feb AOR......

Ady0329

Star Member
May 23, 2016
It's 188th day for me without any update from NDVO... raising CSE, calling them / emailing them didn't work... don't know how long should this wait game be for!!!

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Ok! PPR Received! And btw if your from the USA you do NOT need to send your official passport on the mail but just photocopies.

AOR 2/19/17
IP2: 8/4/17
PPR: 8/12/17!

Good Luck to all! For me it was exactly one week prior to the 6 month mark and on a Saturday lol.
did you get any updates on your CIC web page as well or just an email. my case is being handled by the consultant and he has provided his email id, I am tired of asking him every day and he too.

Ady0329

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Have you ordered GCMS notes??
My file is in the LVO for over a month and I don't want to order GCMS notes.... One of the cic agent had mentioned that they have work load that's why many files are unattended yet without any ETA of the progress

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
My file is in the LVO for over a month and I don't want to order GCMS notes.... One of the cic agent had mentioned that they have work load that's why many files are unattended yet without any ETA of the progress
GCMS notes are the only concrete way to gauge the progress. Rest all is speculation.