+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

smoothe

Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Please i need urgent help

Got a letter from CIC that my application was refused cos my wife's police certificate was not uploaded. The process in Nigeria is terrible for obtaining it. I do have the certificate now. I was not given the chance to upload it.

Where do I go from here?
The process for obtaining it in Nigeria is pretty straightforward. Since you have already been refused, you have to re-enter the express entry pool and wait for the next draw,. Hopefully your CRS is high enough. All the best!

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I can't be sure but you can try raising a CSE and request to reopen file and attach the new PCC. In the meantime can create a new profile and wait for ITA. All the best !!

paarthu

May 10, 2017
Congrats. Can I ask you what do you mean waiting to send information? Do you mean they are waiting for you to send? I had the experience where the PPR email went only to my old lawyer who forwarded it to me which was peculiar. There was a RCMP request but it went to my email to check CIC and also had the lawyers email printed on it but i dont think they received it, only me. But PPR email only went to them.

Also once you get PPR you just need to send them your passports, visa photographs and a signed form with your address.
Call center person who picked up my call didn't use the term PPR or passport request. He just told that my application is already approved and I'll receive information from them soon with detailed instructions on what to do next. Also, I got to know that my file had both my old lawyer's mail id and my latest mail id which I provided in PR application. He said my old lawyer's mail ID is marked as expired and hence they will NOT send any correspondence to that ID. He asked me to wait till they send more information/instruction to my ID. I did receive PPR in my mail Inbox (not spam or promotions) the next day.

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Call center person who picked up my call didn't use the term PPR or passport request. He just told that my application is already approved and I'll receive information from them soon with detailed instructions on what to do next. Also, I got to know that my file had both my old lawyer's mail id and my latest mail id which I provided in PR application. He said my old lawyer's mail ID is marked as expired and hence they will NOT send any correspondence to that ID. He asked me to wait till they send more information/instruction to my ID. I did receive PPR in my mail Inbox (not spam or promotions) the next day.
what was the status of background check at that time?

justpeachy

Feb 9, 2017
I've also been searching but they are in different threads. You would need to provide two pictures for each applicant, submit the passports and also fill in a form for the address. Then it would take about 2 weeks to get it back and I read the passports will have a visa it will come with a COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) letter. You would then use this letter to do the 'landing' process. Immigration officer will then cancel the visa and the process of issuing a PR card will take place (supposedly 45days) mailed to a Canadian address. During that time you will not be allowed back into Canada unless you get a temporary PR travel visa from your home country. The above is assuming you are already in Canada.
Thank you for this. Does it really take two weeks to get back your passport? That makes me nervous lol.

Nancy47

Apr 27, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
20-10-15
Doc's Request.
2-11-15
Nomination.....
28-12-16
AOR Received.
13-02-17
Med's Done....
23-03-17
Hi
I need a suggestion here please if someone can guide me

My dad just got retired and my family shifted to new place in same city I.e my hometown (my permanent address) that old address is on my passport
While I live in Bangalore ..
Is there any issue like no one from my family is living on the address provided on my passport nw ... do they send someone to check permanent address ?
If I change my permanent address now on portal .. I need to get passport change also ! It will delay the process ?
Please let me know : best possible thing can be done here..

My timeline:

Entered pool : 17oct 2015 -410 score
Signed up for OINP : 2 nov15
File updates : score 435
Received PNP : 28 Dec 2016
ITA : 4 Jan 2017 - score 1035
AOR : 13 Feb 2017
Medical pass : 23 March 2017
BG : next step is to do background check
PPR : ?

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi, so that means you already got your PPR email and can proceed to sending your passport(s)