NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
riasat.abir said:
So, another dry day?
It's getting harder and harder to check email and see nothing :'(
Is your BG check showing " In Progress" ?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Neo_says said:
Is your BG check showing " In Progress" ?
Since July 17.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
riasat.abir said:
Since July 17.
Oh man!!! its me only whose BG check is not under progress.

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Hello all,

I need you assistance, please.

I just received a refusal letter from CIC. I have pasted parts of the letter below ( sensitive information removed).

invitation letter. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you had 2 years Canadian work experience. The Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System states that for the purpose of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that is acquired by the foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix; consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1). For the purposes of this section, a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; a period of selfemployment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week. I am not satisfied that you meet all these requirements because: the experience you claimed as an Assistant Engineer for *****, was acquired while you were engaged in full-time study. I note that although you may have been on a scheduled summer break during this period and were authorized to work full-time, it does not qualify for the accumulation of work experience for CRS points. I note that you also claimed 1 year and 8 months full-time work experience as a Software Engineer for ****. This work experience was substantiated with a job letter and I am satisfied that this work was completed as stated. You also claimed full-time work from MAY2013 to SEP2013, as an Assistant Engineer ******. I note that you were in status as a fulltime student during this period, under authorization of a study permit and off-campus work permit. As you were engaged in full-time study during this period, this claimed work experience cannot be counted towards your Canadian work experience for CRS points. As you can only be credited for 1 year of 2 Canadian work experience, this results in a drop in points that falls below the minimum score for the round. In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act and Subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I am not satisfied that you possess the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

My explanation:
- As you know Express entry asks for all the jobs you worked, so I listed all the jobs I had .
- I never just stated that I worked 2 years in Canada, since as you know there is no option to do so.
When I first created my profile ( June 2015) my points were 436 ( same to everyone with 1 year experience).
- Then January 2016, my points jumped to 465 and I got an ITA in Jan, I never thought it was because of my university experience
- Even when I was submitting my application, it did not ask me for any job letters or anything for my universirt postion.

What should I do now?
Can I explain the situation to them? If yes, how can I do it and od you think they will change their minds?
If I do recreate my profile, I am noticing that the draw are at 480, do I have a chance? My work permit is expiring in March 2017.

Please give me any information you can.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

I just received a refusal letter from CIC. I have pasted parts of the letter below ( sensitive information removed).

invitation letter. In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you had 2 years Canadian work experience. The Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System states that for the purpose of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that is acquired by the foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix; consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1). For the purposes of this section, a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; a period of selfemployment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience; the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week. I am not satisfied that you meet all these requirements because: the experience you claimed as an Assistant Engineer for *****, was acquired while you were engaged in full-time study. I note that although you may have been on a scheduled summer break during this period and were authorized to work full-time, it does not qualify for the accumulation of work experience for CRS points. I note that you also claimed 1 year and 8 months full-time work experience as a Software Engineer for ****. This work experience was substantiated with a job letter and I am satisfied that this work was completed as stated. You also claimed full-time work from MAY2013 to SEP2013, as an Assistant Engineer ******. I note that you were in status as a fulltime student during this period, under authorization of a study permit and off-campus work permit. As you were engaged in full-time study during this period, this claimed work experience cannot be counted towards your Canadian work experience for CRS points. As you can only be credited for 1 year of 2 Canadian work experience, this results in a drop in points that falls below the minimum score for the round. In accordance with section 11.2 of the Act and Subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, I am refusing your application because I am not satisfied that you possess the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

My explanation:
- As you know Express entry asks for all the jobs you worked, so I listed all the jobs I had .
- I never just stated that I worked 2 years in Canada, since as you know there is no option to do so.
When I first created my profile ( June 2015) my points were 436 ( same to everyone with 1 year experience).
- Then January 2016, my points jumped to 465 and I got an ITA in Jan, I never thought it was because of my university experience
- Even when I was submitting my application, it did not ask me for any job letters or anything for my universirt postion.

What should I do now?
Can I explain the situation to them? If yes, how can I do it and od you think they will change their minds?
If I do recreate my profile, I am noticing that the draw are at 480, do I have a chance? My work permit is expiring in March 2017.

Sorry to hear that.
But I think you do not have any option except recereating your profile. as if even if you explain your points in JAN was of 1 year so you are not eligibile in theITA draaw for JAN.

What is your current points?

vera0428

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

My explanation:

What should I do now?

My guess is even if they took your explanation, you would probably have to re-apply because your EE score does not 100% reflect your real situation. I've seen people re-applied 3 times on this forum.

canvisaforhim

Mar 20, 2016
compuwhiz93 said:
Hello all,

My explanation:

What should I do now?

It really depends on the kind of work you did at the university level. I guess you applied under CEC, which strictly doesn't count work ex during full-time study period. I think you could have applied under FSW. You should check the CIC website and make an appeal if you have some strong grounds.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Asra.hassan said:
Hi everyone! this is my first post on this forum, kindly lend some advice. I have received an email asking for our passports. I sent our passports the very next day. My question is that is there still a chance that my employer will called for verification? my employers will be on leave for the next two weeks. I will have to inform him about the call or email so that he does not miss it. thank you in advance for the help.
Hi,
employers are called time to time, but not after PPR.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Asra.hassan said:
Hi everyone! this is my first post on this forum, kindly lend some advice. I have received an email asking for our passports. I sent our passports the very next day. My question is that is there still a chance that my employer will called for verification? my employers will be on leave for the next two weeks. I will have to inform him about the call or email so that he does not miss it. thank you in advance for the help.
I think you are good.
You dont need to worry.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
BHEJ said:
AOR FEB 5
BG JULY 14
PPR JULY 4
PP SEND JULY 4
TODAY APPLICATION APPROVED STATUS CLOSED
I believe that is August 4

FYI - My application got approved and closed as well today.

Bluericochet

Jul 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's what I've noticed regarding peoples BG check going to In Progress to receiving their PPR email.
Usually you'll get a reply two to four weeks after your BG goes to in progress and you'll receive your email on the day that your BG went to in progress.
For example. If your BG went to in progress 13 July which is a Wednesday. You'll receive an answer two to four weeks from that on Wednesday.

This is the pattern I've noticed seeing the people who received their PPR's in their signatures.

sahil1986

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Every case is different, mine bg in process since june 09, its been 2 month..
Bluericochet said:
Here's what I've noticed regarding peoples BG check going to In Progress to receiving their PPR email.
Usually you'll get a reply two to four weeks after your BG goes to in progress and you'll receive your email on the day that your BG went to in progress.
For example. If your BG went to in progress 13 July which is a Wednesday. You'll receive an answer two to four weeks from that on Wednesday.

This is the pattern I've noticed seeing the people who received their PPR's in their signatures.

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Passed
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...