+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in December 2015 - Let's get together

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Hot2Cold said:
I am a bit confused about the Passport/Travel Document form to upload for Express Entry.

The have added the word Multiple in brackets. What do they mean by this? I assume it only means passport, right?

The information page gives the below message
You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page.

If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport.

So I assume I must only upload my passport, with all the bio pages? Yes, upload bio pages of your passport. As @vdassani mentioned several applicants upload all pages of passport to be on the safe side

Is this enough?

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wishing all the peeps a very Happy New Year. May the upcoming year fulfill everyones desires and we celebrate the next one in Canada together!

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
Thanks. I just want to make sure that it is the passport only as I was confused by the word "multiple".
If you have more than 1 passport (like I have), don't forget to upload all the passports you hold.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
Thanks. I just want to make sure that it is the passport only as I was confused by the word "multiple".
Bio pages of all the valid passports are required. Old passports and pages with stamps are not.

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
Bio pages of all the valid passports are required. Old passports and pages with stamps are not.
Again, very debate-able.....

As per my suggestion, better to include ALL the pages with visa stampings while uploading coz it supports your 'Travel History' and the residence status' of any other country if you've held any. Better to be on a safer side, than to waste time by exchanging documents with CIC at a later stage. You never know what VO's are looking for, after-all you are saving your time, not theirs, ain't it!!

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
vdassani said:
If you have more than 1 passport (like I have), don't forget to upload all the passports you hold.
As alex_dinou has mentioned after you, I assume that expired and cancelled passports are not required?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
vdassani said:

As per my suggestion, better to include ALL the pages with visa stampings while uploading coz it supports your 'Travel History' and the residence status' of any other country if you've held any. Better to be on a safer side, than to waste time by exchanging documents with CIC at a later stage. You never know what VO's are looking for, after-all you are saving your time, not theirs, ain't it!!
May just include previous passport, and add note in LoE regarding this.

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
As alex_dinou has mentioned after you, I assume that expired and cancelled passports are not required?
I uploaded 3 passports in total (all the pages filled)... approximately 170+ pages. It was a tedious job scanning everything and optimizing it as per the 'upload capacity' of CIC but anything to save some time! Rest it's your call :)

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vdassani said:

Not questioning here whether VO can ask for any additional information at the latter stages of the application. What initial information you decide to include is entirely up to you. However if you want to overkill everything, than why not ask for police clearance from every country you have ever visited. On CIC website it even explicitly says that in addition to six months stays, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional PC.

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
Not questioning here whether VO can ask for any additional information at the latter stages of the application. What initial information you decide to include is entirely up to you. However if you want to overkill everything, than why not ask for police clearance from every country you have ever visited. On CIC website it even explicitly says that in addition to six months stays, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional PC.
With all due respect, the comparisons that you have made makes no sense to me because there have been cases and discussions (as per other topics on this forum itself. See here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-copy-bio-or-all-pages-t390990.0.html) where the full pages of the passport have been asked for at a later stage (after providing the bio and visa pages). The PCC has not been asked for though, for the countries we have visited and not stayed for more than 6 months (coz it makes no sense).

As I mentioned in my very first response to this, it is a debate-able issue and we are here to just share our 'personal' views and suggestions in line with the requirements of CIC to support each aspirant. Each case is different and everyone has a different perspective (not 'overkilling'), so I'll take a step back and respect your suggestion as well!

Good Luck and a Happy New Year!

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vdassani said:
With all due respect, the comparisons that you have made makes no sense to me because there have been cases (as per other topics on this forum itself) where the full pages of the passport have been asked for at a later stage (after providing the bio and visa pages). The PCC has not been asked for though, for the countries we have visited and not stayed for more than 6 months (coz it makes no sense).

As I mentioned in my very first response to this, it is a debate-able issue and we are here to just share our 'personal' views and suggestions in line with the requirements of CIC to support each aspirant. Each case is different and everyone has a different perspective (not 'overkilling'), so I'll take a step back and respect your suggestion as well!

Good Luck and a Happy New Year!
Agree each case is different and everybody should consider their own situation and act accordingly. No hard feelings there, I fully respect your view on this.

Some forum members, however, have reported being asked for additional PC. Specifically one member (can't remember name) has been asked for FBI clearance even though spending only few days in US.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks to all. I suppose as long as they get my main passport copy, my application won't be incomplete. Then if they need more info they can always request at a later stage.

Nitinj.36

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, there is an update in my application :)
AOR - 12-Dec-2015
Med Passed - 31-Dec-2015
BG check - In Progress

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nitinj.36 said:
Finally, there is an update in my application :)
AOR - 12-Dec-2015
Med Passed - 31-Dec-2015
BG check - In Progress
And what is the status of "review of eligibility"? Passed?