+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent another CSE., opting to send one each week.. asking for status of my application.
I found that I am getting more information if I send them an e-mail, than if I call the call centre.

What about you guys? are some of you calling cic call centre any more?

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
yelena said:
I sent another CSE., opting to send one each week.. asking for status of my application.
I found that I am getting more information if I send them an e-mail, than if I call the call centre.

Hijacking August thread though I am not an August AOR'r. I call once in a while and what I have noticed is that if I call at around 8:00AM EST then each time I managed to get in touch with a helpful agent who pulls out my file and shares the latest updates.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
yelena said:

I didn't know that you could simply raise a CSE to ask for the application. How long do they take to respond to a CSE? Can you please point me to the link to raise a CSE?
cseeker said:
Hijacking August thread though I am not an August AOR'r. I call once in a while and what I have noticed is that if I call at around 8:00AM EST then each time I managed to get in touch with a helpful agent who pulls out my file and shares the latest updates.
I tried a couple of times but couldn't get through the lines - I'll also try for the 8AM EST slot next time.

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
chiyakam said:
I didn't know that you could simply raise a CSE to ask for the application. How long do they take to respond to a CSE? Can you please point me to the link to raise a CSE? I tried a couple of times but couldn't get through the lines - I'll also try for the 8AM EST slot next time.
Start calling them at 7:56-7:58 am, and I always chose address change option rather than check application status option.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
cseeker said:
Start calling them at 7:56-7:58 am, and I always chose address change option rather than check application status option.
Oh, okay! They don't mind when you end up asking for application status instead of address change :)?

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
chiyakam said:
Oh, okay! They don't mind when you end up asking for application status instead of address change :)?
No, I must have used this route several times and never faced any issue. I think it is the same set of agents but the waiting queue is different for each reason.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can send an e mail to the office procesing your file., in my case cpc ottawa. They respond in a few days.
One agent told me that they only have limited acess to our files and that i shoul send an e mail to ottawa if I want to know more

8023ber

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
ConnieD said:
Nothing importante, justtht it ws still in process and it could take over 6 months. The complete emil is in my March 3 post.

hey ConnieD,

wondering do you still remember when you reached a CSE? and when they replied to you says the documentation has been applied to your application?

i am doing the same thing now.

hopefully it will works for me as well

thanks

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
Code:
Need a help experts! 

Can I carry USD equivalent amount which is mentioned on POF instead of CAD.

Thanks in advance.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greyhatbd said:
Code:
Need a help experts! 

Can I carry USD equivalent amount which is mentioned on POF instead of CAD.

Thanks in advance.
Sure. You don't even need to bring it in cash if you don't want to.

A bank statement would be sufficient.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
yelena said:
You can send an e mail to the office procesing your file., in my case cpc ottawa. They respond in a few days.
One agent told me that they only have limited acess to our files and that i shoul send an e mail to ottawa if I want to know more
What kind of info do they give you in an email? I emailed them twice so far and the response is pretty generic. How do you ask for specific information and do they share it?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
What kind of info do they give you in an email? I emailed them twice so far and the response is pretty generic. How do you ask for specific information and do they share it?
they share more than the ones over the phone.
I got them to answer some pretty specific questions about work done in my file ( for example, if they updated our info - my son's last name kept showing up wrong, so I managed to resolve this via e-mail)., they said that my application is in a que for final review by the officer etc.

When I called the call centre, one of the agents said that they only have limited acces to our files and that they can only see if it is in process., and that for any specific information I should send them an e-mail, so this is what I did.

Call centre was not helpful in my case.

They responde to e-mails quickly, in a matter of few days.

I will see if they respond to my last e -mail soon.. will let you know :)

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
Dexmoody said:
Sure. You don't even need to bring it in cash if you don't want to.

A bank statement would be sufficient.
Code:
[b]Thanks :) [/b]

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
yelena said:
they share more than the ones over the phone.
I got them to answer some pretty specific questions about work done in my file ( for example, if they updated our info - my son's last name kept showing up wrong, so I managed to resolve this via e-mail)., they said that my application is in a que for final review by the officer etc.

When I called the call centre, one of the agents said that they only have limited acces to our files and that they can only see if it is in process., and that for any specific information I should send them an e-mail, so this is what I did.

Call centre was not helpful in my case.

They responde to e-mails quickly, in a matter of few days.

I will see if they respond to my last e -mail soon.. will let you know :)
That's great to know. First time they replied to my specific question about attaching documents, but next time I only asked for update and got a generic response, so just wondering what I need to ask to get a more detailed reply on the application status.

I hope you get a good and quick response :)

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
yelena said:
Thanks Yelena!

I shot an email to CPC Ottawa, where my application is being processed. Got an auto reply instructing to have some more information than I had given in my first email (I had just included the application number in first email, they had asked for other things e.g. surname/name, DOB, category of application i.e. FSW in my case and UCI - I knew it from GCMS notes), and so I shot another email with all the required details.

In my email I have mentioned about PCC they had raised a document request about & the date of submission. Then I just asked the status of my application as I had crossed 6 months of processing time. I hope they provide some useful information.