+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
W.r.t background check - it is funny that my BG changed to In progress on 28 Aug 2015 already and consider my AOR was 20 Aug 2015. In the meantime, CIC only requested for one PCC and that is all so far... 8)

ConnieD said:
Taking into account most people with BG in process already got PPR and the ones still waiting have it "not started" I guess/hope we should get some news soon. At least BG changing to in process. And after that, lots of those who got PPR recently had BG changed to in process and few days after the magic mail... Maybe we'll be lucky and that'll happen to us too.

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
yelena said:
if i have to reaply., i will have get a new medical ( among all other things) ., as mine expires in may, and as such already isn't valid for a new application.. need I mention that our medical costed about 1500 cad :(

but yes.. trying to stay positive

same here. If we have to reapply, it will have to be new medical and some of the docs have to be new, too.
My fear is that in case of rejection I will just spiral down and totally give up. I did not do well after first rejection, it was heartbreaking.

mohelmy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Guys,

For ppl who seems to be upset for waiting, I waited a lot, but the light was always at the end of the tunnel.
- I submitted my first PR application in 2014 in the old system. After several months, I received all my documents with a 3 pages letter from CIC saying that they reached the cap and they are not accepting new application. They asked me to apply to EE system if I am still interested in the PR.
- I created my first EE account on Feb 2015 just to realized that my job in Canada and my Masters and PhD from Japan giving me big fat zero (I had no ECA or LMIA).
- The ECA that was not required for CEC in the old system and my work in the university made me exempted from applying to LMIA.
- Next, I got my ECA (sending transcripts from 2 different countries) and created my 2nd EE account in March as I canceled the first one due to that fact that I though I made a mistake that caused me to get zero in education and work.
- While waiting for the ECA, the CRS was dropped to 450 for the first time but I missed it as my ECA was still in progress.
- After getting the ECA, I waited for the CRS to drop again to 450 as my score was 453.
- After several months of waiting, I started to make ECA for my wife and asked her to take the CELPIP test so that we get some more points.
- I ended up with 471 point but still no ITA.
- The, Ontario announced its ON-PNP program but it was only for accounts created after June 1st 2015.
- I cancelled my EE account and created my 3rd account in June 2015.
- Few days later I received the invitation from ON-PNP to apply.
- I prepared the application and just before submission I got an ITA :).
- I was wandering which is better, going through Ontario thing that increases the possibility of being accepted or just apply to PR.
- Finally, I decided to apply directly.
- The EE system sent me an ITA as FSW while I have 2 years of Canadian experience, this means that I need to go through the POF thing. :(
- I prepared my application and documents and just before submitting, the EE system crashed (the crash after the end of July update - can you recall?).
- I had to wait for 10 more days to make sure that every this is fine but this required me to get statements for July as well and update my application.
- I submitted my application on August 4 and received the AOR August.
- Then had 4 and half months of silence. NO UPDATES AT ALL or GHOST EMAILS OR eCAS ACCESS.
- In one day (Dec. 18) I received and email from CIC requesting the Canadian police certificate.
- I checked my account and found that the medical passed, the BG started and 2 documents required.
- I applied for the required certificates and waited for them to arrive them I submitted them on Dec. 28.
- Jan 14 I received ghost email but no update.
- Jan 15 my account status changed to "Updated" but no update, then changed back to submitted.
- Jan 15 I received the PPR email :) and a ghost email.

This is around one and half years of preparing, submitting, waiting and spending all my savings.
Just have some more patience and the happy news are coming.
M

bettymengmeng

Jul 23, 2015
mohelmy said:
Guys,

For ppl who seems to be upset for waiting, I waited a lot, but the light was always at the end of the tunnel.
- I submitted my first PR application in 2014 in the old system. After several months, I received all my documents with a 3 pages letter from CIC saying that they reached the cap and they are not accepting new application. They asked me to apply to EE system if I am still interested in the PR.
- I created my first EE account on Feb 2015 just to realized that my job in Canada and my Masters and PhD from Japan giving me big fat zero (I had no ECA or LMIA).
- The ECA that was not required for CEC in the old system and my work in the university made me exempted from applying to LMIA.
- Next, I got my ECA (sending transcripts from 2 different countries) and created my 2nd EE account in March as I canceled the first one due to that fact that I though I made a mistake that caused me to get zero in education and work.
- While waiting for the ECA, the CRS was dropped to 450 for the first time but I missed it as my ECA was still in progress.
- After getting the ECA, I waited for the CRS to drop again to 450 as my score was 453.
- After several months of waiting, I started to make ECA for my wife and asked her to take the CELPIP test so that we get some more points.
- I ended up with 471 point but still no ITA.
- The, Ontario announced its ON-PNP program but it was only for accounts created after June 1st 2015.
- I cancelled my EE account and created my 3rd account in June 2015.
- Few days later I received the invitation from ON-PNP to apply.
- I prepared the application and just before submission I got an ITA :).
- I was wandering which is better, going through Ontario thing that increases the possibility of being accepted or just apply to PR.
- Finally, I decided to apply directly.
- The EE system sent me an ITA as FSW while I have 2 years of Canadian experience, this means that I need to go through the POF thing. :(
- I prepared my application and documents and just before submitting, the EE system crashed (the crash after the end of July update - can you recall?).
- I had to wait for 10 more days to make sure that every this is fine but this required me to get statements for July as well and update my application.
- I submitted my application on August 4 and received the AOR August.
- Then had 4 and half months of silence. NO UPDATES AT ALL or GHOST EMAILS OR eCAS ACCESS.
- In one day (Dec. 18) I received and email from CIC requesting the Canadian police certificate.
- I checked my account and found that the medical passed, the BG started and 2 documents required.
- I applied for the required certificates and waited for them to arrive them I submitted them on Dec. 28.
- Jan 14 I received ghost email but no update.
- Jan 15 my account status changed to "Updated" but no update, then changed back to submitted.
- Jan 15 I received the PPR email :) and a ghost email.

This is around one and half years of preparing, submitting, waiting and spending all my savings.
Just have some more patience and the happy news are coming.
M
thanks for your sharing. my story is alike yours. i still remember that day in the NOVEMBER of 2014 when my application package was returned by cic due to the cap of old system had reached. then is the endless waiting, IELTS again, ECA, then oinp was annouced, prepared materials from zero, waiting for the nomination, waiting for the ITA, submitted everything finally in the middle of AUG.
Eventhough I haven't got my magic email yet. i am waiting for it desperately everyday.and i believe i will get it soon.

aferoz

Jul 24, 2015
bettymengmeng said:
thanks for your sharing. my story is alike yours. i still remember that day in the NOVEMBER of 2014 when my application package was returned by cic due to the cap of old system had reached. then is the endless waiting, IELTS again, ECA, then oinp was annouced, prepared materials from zero, waiting for the nomination, waiting for the ITA, submitted everything finally in the middle of AUG.
Eventhough I haven't got my magic email yet. i am waiting for it desperately everyday.and i believe i will get it soon.
Mine is similar...its more than 2 years fro me..My application was returned twice in 2014.
Hope for the best :).
aferoz
AOR Aug 21

limbodxb

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland FSW here with an AOR of Aug 25th. Background check started early September and shifted to "Not needed at this time" about 10 days ago.

Got a request for a SCHEDULE A (2nd one) this morning.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
big fish said:
Guys,

I can't believe it, but we just got email with PPR.

I have no words.

I wish everyone of you to get it soon.
I see your BG check never started (as per earlier updates). Did you BG check started before this PPR...If yes,timeline please.

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
rajanvnv said:
I see your BG check never started (as per earlier updates). Did you BG check started before this PPR...If yes,timeline please.
it never started, it is still not started in cic.
Sorry, just realized. At some point it changed to "not required at this time", but that's it. I think it happened in December, but not sure.

AOR Aug 25
Schedule A request for applicant and spouse in first half of September.
Sent them CSE with new passport scan in December.

No updates at all, not even ghost emails, nothing. That's why I was so freaking out - there was no information at all.

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Hi Big Fish, Congrats!

Are you inland or outland? FSW?

big fish said:
it never started, it is still not started in cic.
Sorry, just realized. At some point it changed to "not required at this time", but that's it. I think it happened in December, but not sure.

AOR Aug 25
Schedule A request for applicant and spouse in first half of September.
Sent them CSE with new passport scan in December.

No updates at all, not even ghost emails, nothing. That's why I was so freaking out - there was no information at all.