+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
yelena said:
Boske had simmilar case. He got PP letter together with the request to pay RPRF and deliver both payment proof and passports to his local VO. So, cases like these are possible.
This may be peculiar to applications processed outside canada; the very fortunate few.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
fsw2014 batch said:
Does anyone know of a fsw outland person being asked for RCMP? Just got asked but confused as to why...
in your personal history have you stated that you studied or visited Canada? Sometimes if your visa allows you to stay for more than 6 months, EVEN if you don't stay for 6 months they will still ask you for a police report. Sunil never resided in the United States, but because she had a tourist visa that allowed her to stay more than 6 months, she was asked to provide an FBI PCC! I'm thinking you have the same case, only better since Canada's PCC is relatively easy to obtain. FBI PCC takes 3-4 months to issue! Let us know!

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
tomneversfield said:
in your personal history have you stated that you studied or visited Canada? Sometimes if your visa allows you to stay for more than 6 months, EVEN if you don't stay for 6 months they will still ask you for a police report. Sunil never resided in the United States, but because she had a tourist visa that allowed her to stay more than 6 months, she was asked to provide an FBI PCC! I'm thinking you have the same case, only better since Canada's PCC is relatively easy to obtain. FBI PCC takes 3-4 months to issue! Let us know!
Never traveled to Canada! :s stayed in USA though. PCC for that submitted. im worried since its unusual to be asked

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
fsw2014 batch said:
Never traveled to Canada! :s stayed in USA though. PCC for that submitted. im worried since its unusual to be asked
Could possibly be a mistake, if you can't get it just write a nicely worded LOE and upload that in the slot explaining that as you've never been to Canada you can't get the RCMP check.

By the way whats your AOR date and did your request letter say "In order to make a decision we need a document" or "In order to continue review of your file".

The wording of the letter determines in my opinion if your app is going through early or late stage review.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
And this is why we have been waiting forever. They just put them ahead of us. I am not against them but this new government is nothing but a bunch of populists.

"New figures released during a briefing in Ottawa include:

- 11,932 applications are in progress.

- 1,451 permanent resident visas have been issued.

- 416 Syrian refugees have arrived in Canada since Nov. 4, 2015."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadas-syrian-refugee-resettlement-process-141745091.html

And that is the only reason why they are not doing security check and not issuing PPR!

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
And this is why we have been waiting forever. They just put them ahead of us. I am not against them but this new government is nothing but a bunch of populists.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadas-syrian-refugee-resettlement-process-141745091.html

And that is the only reason why they are not doing security check and not issuing PPR!
And frankly i cannot see any hope this month either ....

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
sharma1990 said:
And frankly i cannot see any hope this month either ....
There could be a couple of PPR issued here and there BUT the majority of people will have to wait until this refugee nonsenses is over. So sick of it.

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
Phil89 said:

Frustrating!! This is madness!! They are chasing numbers like crazy! Very poorly managed.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
How are they doing background check for the refugees??? They take almost 3-4 months to do bg checks for most of us.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
JK_CAD said:
How are they doing background check for the refugees??? They take almost 3-4 months to do bg checks for most of us.
Does it really matter? The fact is that the new government screwed us big times. They are afraid to give any privilege for refugees in Canadians' face but this is exactly what there are doing to all of us. Prepare for a long ride people! ;D

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Phil89 said:

Oh man... I think the average timeline from AOR to PPR is going up to 7 months. I'm not against them making good on their Syiran refugee promise, but I'm against them not preparing well for it. Just like Walmart and other big chains prepare for the Xmas rush by hiring hundreds of temporary workers, CIC should have planned on recruiting and training 'dozens' of temporary case processing agents to make sure that other immigrants in the queue don't get so far behind. Proper planning would have minimized the impact for sure. I got my AOR on August 10th, and BG started on 11/25. I don't expect the next update to happen anytime before end of January, early February :-[

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
. I don't expect the next update to happen anytime before end of January, early February :-[
please don't say that.. It is bad as it is :/

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
yelena said:
please don't say that.. It is bad as it is :/
Oh yelena, i was hoping to remain a Mary Poppins sort of optimist, but with the overwhelming evidence showing how the backlog is quickly growing (and how they keep drawing), I wanted to give some voice to the 'realistic' person in me. A little pessimistic I know, but maybe it'll end up being somewhere in between. I hope the GCMS notes that I'll be receiving in 2 weeks will give me an idea where I stand at least. And Yelena, I reallyyyyy do hope that you get your PPR before Christmas. You deserve it!

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
Phil89 said:
Does it really matter? The fact is that the new government screwed us big times. They are afraid to give any privilege for refugees in Canadians' face but this is exactly what there are doing to all of us. Prepare for a long ride people! ;D
I was never bullish on the new government. I had favored the conservatives, knowing a change in government would usher in gamut of unpleasant policies.

If no PPR is issued from ottawa till January, I can only infer that the PM may have instructed CIC/IRCC to pause the application of economic migrants till further notice.