+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
That's my question as well
It's been one week I sent mine
SGVO takes 4-6 weeks to return passports.
After submitting passports at VAC, the passports go to Singapore within 2/3 working days.
In SGVO, the passport is usually stamped within a week. For no apparent reason, the passport is held for a further 3/4 weeks before sent back to VAC.

Source: Passports submitted at several VFS VAC's shows they were stamped within days of arrival at SGVO but returned after several weeks.

sukh531

Jul 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if government is still issuing PPRs? I hardly see any posts on this forum now. Are they extremely slow? I am trying to call IRCC from last 2 days and unable to reach them. The message just simply says we are experiencing high volume of call and they won't even put you on hold. I feel like they are fooling people and they just don't want to take our calls. No matter what time you try calling them no luck. Did anyone else face the same problem? I am Aor 8 April and still waiting for PPR :( I don't know what to do at this point.

vatsal4u2

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if government is still issuing PPRs? I hardly see any posts on this forum now. Are they extremely slow? I am trying to call IRCC from last 2 days and unable to reach them. The message just simply says we are experiencing high volume of call and they won't even put you on hold. I feel like they are fooling people and they just don't want to take our calls. No matter what time you try calling them no luck. Did anyone else face the same problem? I am Aor 8 April and still waiting for PPR :( I don't know what to do at this point.
Have you applied for GCMS notes..? That's only way you can see what's going on your file. Mine is AoR 29 April, I am still waiting for PPR. Iast time when I called to CIC, an agent told me that It could longer than usual time. Don't know how long it will take.

harry-indian

Oct 13, 2017
Hi guys,

Here's my timeline:

FSW-Outland
AOR: 7th April, 2017
Medicals done: 24th June, 2017

I'm not sure about when IP1 and IP2 started for me, but since 6 months got over on 7th October, I wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking them about the application status. And i got an e-mail saying PPR had already been sent on 18th July. I'm 100% sure it had gone into Spam and i had no idea, plus there was absolutely no update on the MyCIC website. So, they sent me the PPR again on the 11th.

PPR: 11th October, 2017

So, the PPR emails are sure to go into Spam. Guys, please keep checking your e-mail spam folder everyday from day one after AOR itself. And those who have crossed six months, write to CPC-CTD immediately.

Good Luck to everyone who's waiting!

sukh531

Jul 21, 2017
Have you applied for GCMS notes..? That's only way you can see what's going on your file. Mine is AoR 29 April, I am still waiting for PPR. Iast time when I called to CIC, an agent told me that It could longer than usual time. Don't know how long it will take.
Yea I applied for GCMS notes on 11 Oct 2017. I just HOPE they send PPR soon to all the applicants with April AOR

Reactions: vatsal4u2

fansari10

Aug 1, 2017
Hi Guys, I called CIC on Wednesday as I needed a approval in principal letter. I was told that they are issued to paper applicants only and the equivalent is an AOR. However the agent said she would send a letter to the office requesting they send one out to me. However I have received this email today:

Good day xxx,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

Anne

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

I am so stressed thinking that something is wrong. My AOR is 2nd of April . Has anybody received a similar email ?

Thanks

Reactions: vatsal4u2

Lyzandra01

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
This is so frustrating. The six-months deadline is over and done with and I'm still none the wiser. Is there anyone out here who got their PPR after the six-month deadline was passed??? I'm trying to be positive.

The last time I called customer support, the only thing they told me was that my file was at the New Delhi VO.

Is there a specific question I should be asking them?